Sign in to follow this  
savini

Communication Breakdown

A few days ago I posted a video of some player interactions in which I encountered three types of players. The first interaction was quite indifferent, the second was quite violent, and the third was quite helpful.

Because of that third encounter I linked up with the guys that rescued me in my time of need and we went off to have an adventure.

This video shows our interactions with players that doesn't involve digging through the pockets of a decaying corpse!!

So for those of you who have lost all hope and are reverting to killing one another know that there are a few of us that still exist. That's not to say we won't defend ourselves should the occasion provide =P

thanks for checking this out. Cheers.

[EDIT: I forgot to specify...the ship isn't haunted. We glitched through the deck and fell to our deaths...so. Wait...no that means it actually is haunted.]

Edited by Rhodes
  • Like 1

Are you using VOIP to talk between yourselves? If so, that may be the cause of the 'feedback' (I've only ever seen it when people are using direct communication with their buddies close by who are using VOIP, so I'm assuming this is the cause). Try switching off auto-detect or use a different button for PTT in whatever VOIP software you're using.

That ship oozes evil, it has one by one murdered all of my friends but i cannot resist bringing all new people to the area to witness it.

That's exactly right monkfish. I didn't think about the feedback happening until it was happening though =/. We'll switch it and have it fixed for next time.

The funn...the unfortunate thing about that ship is that I hadn't ever seen it before. So as we're approaching it we're talking about how we heard people saying it's a bandit trap and there are snipers abound and whatnot. So we take our time, inching ever closer, keeping a watchful eye on every bit of grass that moves. Finally we arrive and start exploring the belly of the beast.

We move from room to room cool as you like, theorizing about what could possibly break such a massive cargo ship in half and not leave neither bones nor cloth of the cursed crew. Perhaps a wicked storm...perhaps it ran aground...perhaps the fabled kraken tossed the ship aside like a child in a bath tub. It is my belief that our speculation served only to anger the spirits and fuel their rage and contempt for those who dare search her hallowed grounds. Footsteps echoed through the creaking steel hull forcing us to wonder if we were still alone. Our voices reverberating through the quarters and hallways. An eerie silence filled the air as we stopped and listened. Suddenly Hal let out a hair raising scream! A soft thud shortly after. I made my way through the port side crews quarters to the inner cargo hold and saw it. A platform that appeared to be shattered...and underneath lie the corpse of my friend Hal. I decided I had to depart this hellish ship and ran back through the halls searching for a way out. It seemed as though the corridors were mocking me. A maze of ladders and staircases with doors to empty rooms. Finally I saw light...fearing for my sanity I ran as fast as I could toward it...and just as I took a breath of fresh air...the platform I stood upon collapsed. Sending me down into the depths of the beasts cargo hold. I lay, staring at the ceiling, my vision blurred and fading away. I wished I had never seen this accursed ship.

Should you ever find yourself near this ship know this. I am there...Hal is there...and if you should be so daring as to set foot on our resting place you will know hell. From hells heart I stab at thee...and send ye back from whence ye came.

[i got a bit carried away there...but yeah, that about sums it up]

• Like 1