Sign in to follow this  
Wightlion

Lonewolf meets Bambi Bart

Eleckto, southern Fire Station, I was hiding in the trees taking a shit,... ummm rest   after having run a marathon from whereeveeeeer I stupidly spawned up the East Coast when I saw this guy running around,..climbing ladders, walking on the rooftops...chased by Zombs,..trying to open unopenable doors,.finally getting himself trapped in the Fire Station tower by a few musty tarts ( I know how that feels )

Ahaha a Dayz virgin I thought and he was,..having never played Arma nor the Mods

So I went down and helped the young man who turns out had only 2 hours in-game.

So I had a thoroughly enjoyable hour showing this young guy the ropes,...drinking eating,..what to do what not to do,............. blah blah blah

Only to succumb to a pistol toting server hopper,...... bham bham bye bye.

DZBSOD

Oh well that is the game I explained to my new but now deceased chum

Now my question is,..................is there a need for training camp for these totally young and fresh virgin spawners, or prawns as I like to call them, to get to grips with the workings of the game as most of us have an advantage of previously playing Arma and the mods so playing this game for us was like putting on a new pair of comfy slippers.

Or

No training camp cos these bitches have to suffer like the rest of us  !

Your thoughts

PS

Dev`s , would it be possible to instead of the middle finger flip to do a wanker animation as I have met plenty of those during the past few weeks,...it is also humorous to pop round a corner and shout "oi wanker" while doing the sign to either another player or Zombie and then hurriedly scurry off laughing like a schoolboy?

• Like 5

I had the exact same thing happen to, I showed this guy around Cherno and Elektro, the military base and zelenogorsk

It felt so good, helping someone who was brand new, compared to myself who had to learn things as I went. It made me feel epic.

I was killed by a group of zombies after he panicked during a loot run and got cornered, I took out a few, and gave him my gear, left with only my pistol. I watched him run into the hills, a bit wiser, whilst I stood my ground.

I hope he does well

Beans for not just shooting the new player as most would have done.  :beans:

Just told a bambi how to open the inventory.

They must suffer like me, when I was new to DayZ O___O

... just because it is really fun to discover this whole game for yourself.

I don't want COD-Tutorials "Press LMB to shoot. Use MOUSE to aim. Enemies are red. Caution! Enemies are hostile."

Bruh...a training camp?

I think they need to learn by experience or hanging around other veteran players. You did the right thing showing him the ins and outs. I jumped into ARMA 2 and learned by making mistakes and watching others. It definitely helped me when starting to play the mod. I did the same as you on the mod. I would help prawns and explain what little knowledge I had. And then like a proud parent, I would slowly take off the training wheels and watch them crash and burn or make it past populated Bandit havens, sometimes with a few corpses in tow.

I am by no means a vet at this game, but all my experience comes by grinding it out and learning as I play as well as help from Heroes and Bandits.

No, I honestly don't think it's needed. I had never played the mod before, nor had I actually seen any clips from the game online.

It's not that hard really. Most things are pretty damn logical and the basic things are easy to get a hang of. I guess the only thing would be ripping your shirt to rags to use as bandages.

If you haven't played Zomboid or seen it online, you probably wouldn't think of doing that. There should be one loading tip in this game that should be: "When (not if) you die, think about what you should have done differently."