Sign in to follow this  
Trollz0r

FPS Issues at Standalone

Hi guys of the DayZ Forum!

I looked for a solution quite a while and didn´t find anything really helpful. You´re my last chance to get the Standalone working good!

My Problem: so i had the nvidia Geforce gtx 560ti a week ago and had about 20 fps in elektro. It was really laggy, so i decided to buy a new graphics Card and bought the MSi GTX 760 twin frozr. Battlefield 4 on high? no probs. Working fine. 

Now i understand that you cant compare bf4 and dayz if it comes to FPS, but now i have about 20-25 fps in Elektro. I tried to change Graphics settings. In Elektro, everything on low--> Still 25- max. 30 fps. Resolution is 1920x1080. Tried different types also. Min. Increase of about 3-5 fps.

All my Settings:

Intel Core i7 2600k CPU @ 3.40 GHz

MSI GTX 760 twin frozr

Samsung SSD

BenQ XL2411t

8GB of Ram

64 bit Win 7

if theres any suggestion you could give me, i would be really glad I just want to play the standalone smooth.

Sorry for my English straight away ;)

Trollz0r

Now i understand that you cant compare bf4 and dayz if it comes to FPS, but now i have about 20-25 fps in Elektro.

Hello and welcome - I honestly have to say that 25 FPS is pretty average for a huge city like that. There currently are almost no clientside-performance fixes out there.

The main thing they were working on is general performance serverside and they have yet to come around to clientside optimisation. It will get better eventually - that is pretty average at the moment, though.

It's probably worht reminding you that the game will be better optimised as it reaches beta.

At the moment it is literally everything scrapped together, later it will be organised and flow better,

I also struggle at times with the SA  :P

Edited by Guest

Overclock that CPU, that's what Sandy Bridges are made for...

I'm running an i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz and a GTX 780 (which I doubt I'm getting anywhere near full utilisation of yet) and I run max settings with object detail at very low, ambient occlusion and post-process disabled and never drop lower than 40 FPS.

I would have thought you could achieve similar results if your CPU had a bit more kick.

Got same setup as you do basically. Check this video I made, it might help you.

Thank you guys!

I also was thinking of overclocking. Maybe yes.

Thanks for the vid, i will look into it.

I have a big hope in Dean and the producers, to optimize what they can. I trust them and will stick with them from the first day of the mod till the end.

I also gotta say the community is awesome, not even 1 hater comment, everyone is trying to help me :D

Edit: in the video you show the video memory you can choose. theres a bug with my standalone: i cant see what is in there. its just like 4 or 5 white boxes but nothing is in it. You know a fix? or can you post a screenshot so i can see whats in there?

Edited by Trollz0r