Sign in to follow this  
Snafun

Is there a way to limit fps in dayz without vsync

Hay there,

Is there a way to set the fps to a fixed 61 or just some other random number thats not a multiplication of 60?
I know Vsync will set it to 60, but that's not what I need.
It should improve the overall feeling in the game, fixing it to an uneven number.

Cheers Snaff

Hi.

There's a setting for refresh rate in the cfg, though I don't know if it will force that rate or if the game overwrites on launch.

Out of curiosity, why do you think the game will feel better at an uneven number :huh:

Regards.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, why do you think the game will feel better at an uneven number :huh:

I'm curious too. It seems a bit weird.

its meant for battlefield 3 but it should apply to dayz aswell.
Having tried it with Battlefield I know it works and I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work with dayz too.

Thanks for the replies so far,
Snaff

Just joking here but the whole RV engine does a pretty good job of fps limiting on its own without vsync lol

As suggested adjust in your cfg file make sure to set the file to read only so the game cant over right it...

lol.

Thanks for posting the video, although I only made it to the part where the guy started talking.

Regards.

Well maybe you can enjoy it with subs if you have problems with german language.
Despite that, thank you for the responses.

Cu ingame and good luck,
Snaff

Would like to limit my fps to 30 myself, because of reasons. Hope they add an option to do it.