Sign in to follow this  
Twixxer

Faith in DayZ players restored

They might never do it again. If someone already gives you something, why be a dick about it? One should be thankful, in my opinion, and not make the same guys shoot you the next time they see you. There's only a "dog eats dog" mentality if people want it. Blue or red pill?

Hi.

Problem is that a large part of the player base wants to do nothing other than kill everyone they see regardless of equipment, and as crappy as that is, it's a legit playing style in DayZ. If that's how they want to play there's nothing you can do about it, except be more careful next time.

Sometimes I find it more entertaining to just trail people and watch their playing style, without them ever knowing I was there. It's surprising how many people rarely/never check their six. I've also had people turn their head and look more or less directly in my direction and still not see me lol, makes for a tense moment of 'to shoot or not to shoot'.

Regards.

Hi.

Problem is that a large part of the player base wants to do nothing other than kill everyone they see regardless of equipment, and as crappy as that is, it's a legit playing style in DayZ. If that's how they want to play there's nothing you can do about it, except be more careful next time.

Sometimes I find it more entertaining to just trail people and watch their playing style, without them ever knowing I was there. It's surprising how many people rarely/never check their six. I've also had people turn their head and look more or less directly in my direction and still not see me lol, makes for a tense moment of 'to shoot or not to shoot'.

Regards.

Yeah, you can't do much about people with vastly different playing styles in the end, I guess. It's sometimes still a bit disappointing and logic defying to see how some react to certain situations.

Anyway, that's a funny thing you mention near the end. I have to try that eventually!

I offered a new spawn some food, started dropping it on the ground and he started punching me in the face. I pulled out my Mosin and shot him 3 times. Before that all experiences had been good.

• Like 1

Good deal. Make sure you pay it forward sir.

I have some advice for you and some others. Not really advice, but an observation. When you are confronted by a group of heavily armed peeps in the game....do not raise your arms or crouch for these assholes. Put you hand up and let them state their business and state yours as well. I've seen way too many dudes get handcuffed and passed around like a cheap hooker. Not like a high class hooker, that let's you sniff coke off of her supple ass...but a cheap hooker who has neither coke nor ass.

Sorry for yelling.

Good deal. Make sure you pay it forward sir.

I have some advice for you and some others. Not really advice, but an observation. When you are confronted by a group of heavily armed peeps in the game....do not raise your arms or crouch for these assholes. Put you hand up and let them state their business and state yours as well. I've seen way too many dudes get handcuffed and passed around like a cheap hooker. Not like a high class hooker, that let's you sniff coke off of her supple ass...but a cheap hooker who has neither coke nor ass.

Sorry for yelling.

You hire hookers and sniff coke off their ass????

you dont?

• Like 2

So, I actually did the same thing for 2 noobs that were travelling together the other day. I found 2 extra .357s, and already I had an FnX for myself. I decided to pick them up for a couple of buddies who bought the game.

Ran into two freshies before I was able to give them to my buddies. I had my mosin out and they thought I was going to jack their shit. I did take a can of food from them, and then placed a magnum with a stack of ammo in each of their backpacks and told them to be safe as I ran off into the woods. They were saying "awesome!! thank you!" as I was running off.

Was all good though, as I later found an extra mosin for 1 of my buddies.

I can be nice sometimes. I'm not always a bastard. If i thought they were going to be little pricks, I wouldn't have given them the guns and just executed them instead, but they were nice guys and complied. 

Actually, I usually pick up useful extra shit for people who I might run into. You never know, you could use those extra items as a bargaining chip to show you're willing to team up with someone for a time. In the few times I've done it, it's been well received and I never had my head blown off because of it.

Edited by Gekkonidae

No offense but giving someone a gun and standing there while they betray you is a stupid idea

I always tell them to wait until I leave before picking up a loaded gun, it's never failed me so far except once when a guy ran straight away to the gun and stopped speaking, all the while he was picking it up I told him to back off and that he stood no chance

He looked at me and his arm twitched as though he was drawing and he went down with a bullet to the head

Just common sense really

i sometimes go spread supplies to people at bambi-highway. sometimes some eager beavers try to come kill me with fists even if i have m4a1...

im quite supriced at that what they did, must admit they deserve some :beans: :beans: . if it would have been me i probably would have emptied out the pistol first dropped it then tell you that i was placing the ammo (a bit away from you)  and after doing that walked away.

Cool guys tho must admit.

I am part of a clan Just for Kicks, they actively seem to help freshspawns and the like along with giving them food etc. 

I myhself had someone help me out with a fullyloaded revolver + 14 spare shots and bandage roll. Only to be later killed be someone point blank with a moisen 2 hours later. I was pretty sad that I lost the dude's gun :C

You're welcome. Helping people out while in bandit rich territory is risky as it makes us prime targets. That's what makes it thrilling.

yes! that adds 1 to my -5245083 dayz faith points

i now have -5245082

You just made my day good sir. +1

im quite supriced at that what they did, must admit they deserve some :beans: :beans: . if it would have been me i probably would have emptied out the pistol first dropped it then tell you that i was placing the ammo (a bit away from you)  and after doing that walked away.

Cool guys tho must admit.

That's another good suggestion that my friends have also used. They will give them the gun, make them stay put, then tell them where the ammo is right as they take off (they place it somewhere opposite of where they are running to.) If it's an FnX, they will empty the clip and put the bullets in 1 pile and clip next to it, buying them more time.

So you are willing to generalize people based on a single experience

You are as bad as racists

Me and my friends ran into a player who had spawned in Novy and had ran into us in Stary him with just his baseball bat and a yellow raincoat (there were 4 of us and 3/4 of us were fully geared) instead of killing him we told him to put his hands up, gave him some food/water and helped him find a Taloon backpack. After that he came with us to Vybor we got him a bit more stuff let him in the teamspeak and the server dc'd.

We usually don't help people but we don't always kill them unless they look hostile or try to attack us.

It REALLY just depends on who you run into and the mood they are in, me and my friends sometimes just shoot people, it really varies. 

I was looting the boat north of BZ just finished up and bagged myself a fully kitted mosin with pristine scope as well as a back up pistol and best of all the holly grail, A CAN OPENER, finally I had everything I needed. I Encountered a new spawn with a fire axe as I was leaving. told him I was friendly and that the boat was pretty much empty, then told him I would leave him a pistol. So I droped the spare pistol in a holster and some ammunition and ran off, he came after me with his axe and managed to ruin my backpack full of rice, I killed him with my fire axe becasue like an idiot I hadn't bound the mosin yet. I bound the mosin, picked up the spare pistol, ate the two cans of spagheti he had and ran like hell.

That was my first PK in Dayz, (I had seen other people but managed to keep from being seen) and now I completely understand why people KOS, being a nice guy almost got me killed when I had FINNALY reached the point I didn't have to frantically raid every house!

I now have faith, faith that the best way to stay alive is to avoid contact with other survivors.

Edited by Franchi

Not since I was in 5th grade...

you dont?

Gerandar gets it, I don't know why you don't.

• Like 1

People picking off new spawns right on the coast must really be assholes. It's not like they want their flashlights...

Or doing it for science perhaps. Unlikely though. No, medical division, I didn't call for you!

Game is severely limited...

People lack imagination...

Powermongerish tendencies...

Go figure. (Ooman nature)

I had two totally different encounters last night.

First one I ran across a guy and we basically entered a little town square at the same time. We both took cover and both of us indicated we weren't looking g for a fight but would defend ourselves.

After a laugh I said that if he had something to trade I had some rounds for the Mosin he was carrying. As it turns out he had some 5.56 for my M4. We worked out a trade, and went along our merry way.

Second encounter not so good. I was skirting a small town when I see this guy with an axe crouch running towards me. I told him to stop. He didn't so I dropped him and moved on.

I try to avoid other players as much as possible unless I feel I can help them then will make the offer but always from cover and with me in control.

I was making my way to the coast to see if I could help some fresh folks but I may check up on that if the general consensus is that a fully kitted mil spec player will be KoS.

I will see if I can help or give aid somewhere else.

Cheers!

• Like 1

My guy has been alive for about 14 days now and I've been playing everyday. Full pristine kit, 2 guns, 8 protective cases filled with enough ammo meds and food to ride out the apocalypse. Got bored, found a new spawn on the coast, gave him everything and started over. He was pretty happy.