Sign in to follow this  
c1rcu1tn3rd

Don't bother buying

it's really not hard to get geared up

I rarely get killed by players before I have a gun myself.

Im most likely older than you pal. Unless your over 40

Of course you are, internet, doesn't matter.

I highly suggest you wait a few months. Maybe by then, you and Frodo there will have your own private server/hive. Until then, and only then, you are a lovely 25slot chance of more food/ammo.

Edited by Ineedscoffee

it's really not hard to get geared up

I rarely get killed by players before I have a gun myself.

Ive only come across 2 guns without ammo and Ive played 25 hours in 2 days :/

Steam accounts are not transferable but I'm going to contact steam about removal.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I would strongly suggest you keep this game. I don't know how long you have played it or if you fucked with the Mod, but even in the newborn stage of SA, it is still a fun game. Case in point, I bought the SA on Thursday and have been trying to get to my favorite place (Balota) since Thursday night. I have been killed by Bandits, been saved by randoms, and outrun a lot of zombies. I finally made it to Balota today.

As I was in the barracks I notice a dude with a gun at the entrance. Scared the shit outta me. I type and call out that I'm friendly. No answer. I walk outside and there he is, and he has a buddy with him. I think fuck, I finally get to Balota and these boys gonna kill me. I holster my gun and he asks me if I have any food. I lie and say there's some in the barracks. His boy tries to handcuff me and I run, laughing the whole time and telling them to fuck off and what not. I end up dying, but it was worth it. I will never surrender to anyone. I will be putting up a vid of this experience tonight at some point.

All ranting aside, if you have spent money on this game or someone purchased it for you, you would be a fool to remove it. Think about that...

Learn the game, adapt to it and fuckin survive Bruh.

Playing the KoS style is not a necessity.  It is the easy option sure, but perseverance with being somewhat friendly does pay off.

In the current state of the game, how?

Of course you are, internet, doesn't matter.

I highly suggest you wait a few months. Maybe by then, you and Frodo there will have your own private server/hive. Until then, and only then, you are a lovely 25slot chance of more food/ammo.

Yep ur 31. Im 38. Nah already contacted Steam.

Honestly, the DayZ SA community are dick heads with nothing better to do than shoot people, even if they urrender or are unarmed. I have a strict no KOS policy and have only killed 1 person in my 2+ dayZ in SA. That was when I was a fist-happy bambi

I love how friendly the responses are...

So telling of the community both here and in-game.

sadly ur 100% correct..

this games community has become a cesspool of the lowest order.

real shame, what could have been something truely special and original has become a simple DM fest, were 90%+ of the game/map are never used

if you go to a military location, you will likely find an m4 with ammo, and sidearms

mosins are a bit rarer, but tend to be in parking garages and office buildings (as well as in some ordinary houses)

I use this map to navigate: http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

zelenogorsk is my go-to place for guns, since there seem to be fewer people there

Edited by noblue

Hard talk going on.

Never played the mod before, but decided to throw in the cash and time to see what the team can make out of this game. So far not bad. 5 deaths, only 1 from a unpleasant fellow that was probably bored and sniping new spawns.

Two of the sessions were extremely funny and immersion was optimal. Oh forgot one thing. There is no way this game may be enjoyed solo. In other words, this is the sandbox type of game that MUST be played multiple player.

Player interaction was excellent so far and we got helped out by other survivor groups and had our fair chance to help others. But all came with attitude. I tend to be vocal and abuse the voice chat system even if it doesn't work proper.

Game is extremely interesting and the abundance of server types is a plus ( helps a lot trying to gather buddies from all over the place ).

Human nature, for good or bad, is more noticeable in a game like dayz. There are no goals other than surviving the longest, any way you can.

• Like 2

Honestly, the DayZ SA community are dick heads with nothing better to do than shoot people, even if they urrender or are unarmed. I have a strict no KOS policy and have only killed 1 person in my 2+ dayZ in SA. That was when I was a fist-happy bambi

While that may be true about most of the general populous, I only shoot when threatened. If you are in the same building I am, you warned to stay away, or I'll shoot you. If you come up on me, I will shoot you. If you go out of your way to even approach me, I'll shoot you. If I wanted to be all buddy buddy, I'd be playing with a friend, and guess what, we'd shoot you.

I'm not playing a zombie apocalypse game to hold hands and tip toe through the zombies.

• Like 1

Hard talk going on.

Never played the mod before, but decided to throw in the cash and time to see what the team can make out of this game. So far not bad. 5 deaths, only 1 from a unpleasant fellow that was probably bored and sniping new spawns.

Two of the sessions were extremely funny and immersion was optimal. Oh forgot one thing. There is no way this game may be enjoyed solo. In other words, this is the sandbox type of game that MUST be played multiple player.

Player interaction was excellent so far and we got helped out by other survivor groups and had our fair chance to help others. But all came with attitude. I tend to be vocal and abuse the voice chat system even if it doesn't work proper.

Game is extremely interesting and the abundance of server types is a plus ( helps a lot trying to gather buddies from all over the place ).

Human nature, for good or bad, is more noticeable in a game like dayz. There are no goals other than surviving the longest, any way you can.

You had me at "Hard".

Nice Post.

I don't bother with unarmed/melee-only players, and I try to avoid other armed players

I only shoot if an armed player shows undue interest, or I bump into someone at close range.

I think a better name for the thread would be "Don't bother reading"

While that may be true about most of the general populous, I only shoot when threatened. If you are in the same building I am, you warned to stay away, or I'll shoot you. If you come up on me, I will shoot you. If you go out of your way to even approach me, I'll shoot you. If I wanted to be all buddy buddy, I'd be playing with a friend, and guess what, we'd shoot you.

I'm not playing a zombie apocalypse game to hold hands and tip toe through the zombies.

Im talkin about people who run up to you and shoot you without saying anything despite acting friendly towards them

Im talkin about people who run up to you and shoot you without saying anything despite acting friendly towards them

Oh,you mean military rats. They rush to the barracks, then run to the coast. Yeah, well those are a problem. Best we can do is keep moving north away from em.

Oh,you mean military rats. They rush to the barracks, then run to the coast. Yeah, well those are a problem. Best we can do is keep moving north away from em.

No, the best you can do is head inland, gear up, then come back and hunt them. Save the new guys!

Also, Coffee is correct. PvE servers are not allowed. Kicking or banning players for player killing is against the server hosting rules and anyone that does this is liable to have their server taken down without a refund.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

If you see any PvE or "no player killing" servers please report them as detailed in that topic.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 3

^I find it more fun to go this way lately. I always check the rocky cliffs along the coastline or the immediate woodline and you'll find all kinds of nerds trying to newspawn kill. Such easy killing. Such innocence in those puppy bandits. xD

For those of you going full-time anti-killer, always do that and check spawn locations. also, use buildings in key locations of where you'd think they'd travel to your advantage, as most new idiots wont even check windows on any structure. I don't kill killers on a constant basis, but I know how to hunt bitches.

Edit: OP, man up or fuck off. It is your choice to play how you want to play. I would advise choosing to be more intelligent about your choices for starters.

Edited by Gekkonidae

Son, no. The higher ups have already stated, pve servers do not exist. They don't care about the server you rent with mom and dads money, or what name/title you give it.

Get this through your noggin, pve here means player vs everything/everyone.

your patronising attitude is so annoying

• Like 1

Cool story bro

This server address is

Yeah, if they try and actually enforce that they get their server taken away and no refund. So theres that.

Unless you wanna get killed by every asshole with an assault rifle for no reason, don't buy the game. Players ruin it completely.

Or buy it but dont buy into the youtube fantasy of love and friendship, when you actually play the game every one will try and kill you unless you have the upper hand.

I have found a way to resolve this though, kill everyone i see with a weapon or not. The reason why i kill people without weapons is because they are trying to get one and also they may have friends waiting to kill you so he can take you gear, the latter one happening to me once before.

• Like 1

Then thats why your not enjoying the game, get someone anyone to show you the ropes first and i garantee you would start enjoying it. In 25 hours i could probably get about 50 guns so thats probably where your going wrong.

There are two reasons you are getting negative responses.

1.) You are complaining about getting killed for no reason in a game designed around paranoia, base survival and limited resources. That's like me going, "OMG, Call of Duty sucks because you have guns and you kill each other in multiplayer. Where is the diplomacy and rules of engagement before each firefight? This is SO unrealistic".

2.) You're telling everyone you're going to demand a refund. Unfortunately that really makes this sound like troll-bait because you know that knee-jerk hating on a game on its' official forms is basically like telling everyone that likes the game that they have shit-taste (Not saying you ARE, but that's how it comes across)

We have all been killed for no reason while acting friendly towards people. It makes the game intense because you never know who to trust. What's funny is that it's much easier to get along with people until you start gearing up. At the moment I have a fully decked M4, The FN45 and a .357 and all of them have a lot of ammo and mags... so if I die, it's going to REALLY be painful, so I'm way more inclined to KOS because I don't want to lose my shit, whereas if I ran into my guy while all I had was an axe.... well, I might get greedy and want to stalk him and then give him a chop to the skull while he's looting something.

I'm sorry you found one of the selling aspects of the game totally unfun, but it seems like the issue was moreso that you bought this game with 0 understanding of it.

• Like 2

Unless you wanna get killed by every asshole with an assault rifle for no reason, don't buy the game. Players ruin it completely.

Awwwww!

Sounds like you need to change you tampon.

• Like 1