Sign in to follow this  
RUS_Starbuck

Can anything be implemented without being made tedious?

Seems like no matter how many suggestions people make, there is never anything to do in the game besides hoarding supplies, running, and shooting other players. Even  the features that people have spent so much time making into mods like Epoch, they all fall flat. Everything you can build in Epoch, like houses, takes so long to gather materials and build it becomes just a tedious grind-ful nightmare. I feel lilke I'm playing an MMO when I go to build something or gather materials to trade in for gold, so I can buy a vehicle. Everything takes so long to do, and  there's a reason why I don't play MMO's anymore. These things seems too fun on paper, but then are poorly executed... just like communism. I've been playing 4 days on one particular server and spent 2 days running from the coast to Stary trader to trade in gold. Sure I could ask another player for help but you know... if I loose my loot then I'm back to Day 1.

Another 10 hikes for gold and I MIGHT have enough to run another full day and buy  a car. Then, I can spend days foraging for wood to to build 1 floor. Then repeat for 1 wall, etc. I do enjoy playing this game, and doing these things but I spend the whole time running daydreaming of what DayZ could be if they spent less time boiling the fun out of the features.

There's games that require patience, and then games that have hardheaded devs that are so diehard realists that they make it more boring than trying to survive in real life. DayZ falls under the latter category for me.

Edited by RUS_Starbuck

What they could do is making everything simplier and easier to obtain, like cutting down a tree in 2 seconds instead of like 30 and highly increase the loot % of industri materials, but wouldn't that kill the realistic aspect of the game? And also making things to easy to obtain would also destroy the enjoyment of achieving something big?

• Like 1

DayZ is Communism. That escalated quickly.

• Like 2

I think that's the disconnect between what Dayz is and what some people want it to be. Some people want a TDM FPS with zombies added in here and there, (or not at all), and others, including the devs, want something more. The quicker you can accomplish the 'something more' the quicker everything turns into TDM. If people could chop down one tree and instantly build a large complex or base with it, what then? Oh yea, they already have that. Its called Wasteland mod for Arma 2 and Arma 3. Build your bases, go to war and don't worry about the 'something more' that Epoch has tried to accomplish. I am a sarcastic asshole but that's definitely not what I'm going for when I say, why aren't you playing Wasteland? Its the exact opposite of the MMO type experience Epoch is going for. 

• Like 4

Ahh the old fallacy Ad Impetus Communitas. Please do not use communism as a failed example of a plan. It makes you sound ignorant to some.

As for your problem. Don't play Epoch. I never liked it and now play just Vanilla DayZ Mod.

If you think there is nothing to do/no endgame read this: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161803-goal-what-goal/

If you are like Barbosa/Colonel Wicked then there is little hope. Uninstall and go play something where everything is handed to you on a silver platter. Perhaps this isn't the game for you.

My two cents..

Sobaka

TYS