Sign in to follow this  
King of kong

Why can't The zombies be More Like This?

When u are new and unarmed with T-Shirt and jeans, those placeholders (Z´s) can be a real threat nevertheless. It could be too frustrating to new players, if zombies are jumping on your back and ripping your head off seconds after spawning for several times. As an fully-equipped "Master-Rick Grimes" Z`s are mostly an amusement, yeah.

The main danger of the 28 days/weeks later infected is their extremely high rate of transmission. You wouldn't want to get anywhere near them, let alone fight them, as one drop of blood or scratch would turn you in seconds.

Every survivor in DayZ is immune, and is not subject to that threat, with that in mind, these zombies are pretty much what we have already.

LOL just had a freaky infected experience that made my heart pump.Was on a dark unpopulated server at the NEAF and the light was just enough so I could see outside and in buildings with windows but in the hangars its pitch black.I am walking so that I can hear footsteps to warn me I'm not alone and then suddenly I hear footsteps running at me and I rapidly turn and empty 10 rounds into whatever it was.Wasn't a player but an infected that did not make a screaming sound until it actually lunged at me.Now that was amazing experience!!Gave me chills and for a for a minute I was in the apocalypse. :D

Still feel though that infected should give chance to infect you with the virus.Make players fear them more by making them be a % chance of death if they manage to bite you.And also of course make it so that if player is coughing,starving or whatnot then the chance gets higher.Right now I one swap them with the fire axe while I circle strafe them laughing all the while.

Edited by wolfstriked
  • Like 1

I don't mind fast zombies but they can't be like the zombies we had in the mod that zig zagged everywhere and spazzed out in a glitchy animation that made it difficult to shoot them.  Also the zombies even if they get a speed buff I think they should run a little slower then us.  They lack coordination so it would make sense that they might not be good runners.  In the standalone if one was chasing you and close to you.  It was impossible to turn around and shoot/hit him without being hit yourself since they ran 3x faster then us.  Only way to lose them was to run inside or go up a steep hill, and if there none nearby...good luck.  Hiding in a pine tree only does so much good.  

• Like 1

I don't like zigzag zombies either. But atm it's so easy to kill them 'cause they're too stupid and slow and slow down for you to kill them. If you find the zombies threatening in dayZ SA then please refer to your sig

Edited by King of kong
  • Like 2

I'm not opposed to zombies running. They run now and I'm fine with that. They all have different paces and I think that is best. If the zombies are going to beat down the door, I hope it's more like Left for Dead style.

I hate to break it to you but according to Rocket DayZ zombies are just that, infected humans and not reanimated undead.

Maybe DayZ should be DayI then. Zombies are reanimated dead not Infected. ;-)

• Like 1

People these days don't know what zombie means.

28days/weeks later were not zombies, they were raging humans.

LOL just had a freaky infected experience that made my heart pump.Was on a dark unpopulated server at the NEAF and the light was just enough so I could see outside and in buildings with windows but in the hangars its pitch black.I am walking so that I can hear footsteps to warn me I'm not alone and then suddenly I hear footsteps running at me and I rapidly turn and empty 10 rounds into whatever it was.Wasn't a player but an infected that did not make a screaming sound until it actually lunged at me.Now that was amazing experience!!Gave me chills and for a for a minute I was in the apocalypse. :D

Still feel though that infected should give chance to infect you with the virus.Make players fear them more by making them be a % chance of death if they manage to bite you.And also of course make it so that if player is coughing,starving or whatnot then the chance gets higher.Right now I one swap them with the fire axe while I circle strafe them laughing all the while.

I like the idea of an infection and also turning into a zombie/whatever, (slowly dying would be the easiest continuative option i guess) - with an loot-spawning antidot of course and an "Infected status".

Edited by taxi driver
  • Like 1

Zombies are people reanimated by voodoo magic, often used as a slave, they are often peaceful and calm, but are extremely stupid, they may become frightened if taken by surprise. The word "zombie" is derived from an African word. Romero "zombies" are hardly zombies. Yes, they basically got the undead genre noticed, but they aren't zombies...Not true zombies. They are brought back to life by a "solanum" virus which enlarges the frontal lobe and causes reanimation. They seek flesh and kill anyone who isn't one of them. If you think Romero "undead" are zombies then I have the right to call fast ones zombies too. They eat people, are crazy, and look horrible. Only difference is the fact they're alive and run like a regular person. If you want slow and stupid old men then go right ahead and play WarZ: Infestation Edition. This wasn't intended as a debate about which are true "zombies". If I want to  call them zombies I'll goddamn call them zombies. Fast ones as shown in the vid would be a massive threat, and way scarier. And much more believable 

• Like 1

i'd be all for it as long as it isn't like how they are in the mod.

spazzy. glitchy. and ALL OF THEM run fast as fuck. that shit gets annoying so fast. having a variety of zombies would be great though. Some fast, others slow, others hop/crawl or "run" on all fours. Which, besides the hoppers maybe, you wouldn't really be able to tell apart. so there could be a horde standing somewhere and you would have no idea that 9/10 of those were sprinters. While another time only 1 or 2 are sprinters.

• Like 1

The ones in the mod were as fast as players, and run at a realistic pace for someone who wants to pluck your eyes out and eat you

• Like 1

Romero zombies have usually been caused by different things in different iterations. The extreme runners you are generally referring to from things like the 28 series&quarantine series are usually caused by a man made virus. Now both versions have the capacity to have slow movers and runners for what ever reason, but my point was that the runner should not be the main type it was in the mod and it became tedious and annoying. Rocket has already expressed a interest in a life cycle I think the runner should be the peak or one of the top lvl's.

It is a virus but from the zombie things I have seen in real life the host of the virus usually a insect once infected will behave strangely and not function properly. So I think the 1st stage and the most common would be the current shambling awkward zed, and the runners should be rarer as the virus has adapted and changed.

Naaaaaaaaaah, I don't think so. This is a PvP game not some zombie crap.

I'm not opposed to zombies running. They run now and I'm fine with that. They all have different paces and I think that is best. If the zombies are going to beat down the door, I hope it's more like Left for Dead style.

Maybe DayZ should be DayI then. Zombies are reanimated dead not Infected. ;-)

But I thought it stood for Day-Zero?

• Like 1