Sign in to follow this  
dHooM Goldy

The Mod vs SA question

I'm a to-be-new player. 

Working on a rig build as we speak but I got one SERIOUS question.

Since there are 3 different DayZ's so to say, I want to know what game I should purchase.

To help with your guys' input here is a little of what I am looking for.

- Common zombie threats [Having to fight them or run from them regularly]

- Threat of players always around [Which has the most populated servers with great ping]

- Great amount of loot / faster respawns for loot/players

Those are the three things I am truly looking for.

Bugs are not an issue, and I am fully aware they all contain them.

Your input is very encouraged, I have a few days to finally decide but I wanted to come here and get some persuation.

I think you'll be happier with the mod at this point.

The humble bundle weekly sale has what you'll need to play the mod dirt cheap.  :thumbsup:

Edited by creature
  • Like 3

I completely forgot about that. 

ArmA 2 it is! 

One question, would you recommend getting Operation Arrowhead also?

I completely forgot about that. 

ArmA 2 it is! 

One question, would you recommend getting Operation Arrowhead also?

Operation Arrowhead is needed to play DayZ :)

So yeah, I would recommend it :D

• Like 2

- Common zombie threats [Having to fight them or run from them regularly]

• For the most part, players often avoid them to save more ammo but this might make you more noticeable out in the distance in case a player is trying to kill you. Some times civilian zombies can drop items that can help you (Such as bandages, food, etc) .. Military zombies can drop some types of ammo.

- Threat of players always around [Which has the most populated servers with great ping]

• The threat of players is something that should always be in the back of your mind. Don't take everyone as a threat unless your trust with them is completely ruined with your experience of playing the game, some players can be proven friendly and can help your overall survival.

- Great amount of loot / faster respawns for loot/players

• Loot is quite easy to find, just depends on rarity. Loot's dispersed throughout enterable buildings and around destroyed vehicles(Helicopter crash sites, survivor camps)

A little insight is that it's really up to your choice if you want to purchase Arma 2 for DayZ Mod or DayZ retail. The retail edition(for later development) is meant to fix most of the major issues that's represented in the mod that couldn't be fixed due to engine limitations, this may include: Hacking, performance issues, AI and others that I've missed. DayZ retail is quite early in development so it'll have some hiccups as well. The mod has a lot more to offer as of now but this might change quite soon.

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

The mod is kinda bigger right now,I almost could call the mod a beta because I dont think its going to get much bigger.

But SA has more survival stuff in it.