Sign in to follow this  
Crawflex

DayZ wont start

it all started when i messed with the distance values on the profile cfg...

Whenever I press play on steam it loads up a black screen, then I have to wait 30sec-1min for the super slow/laggy bohemia logo, then another minute for the dayz logo and then onwards its just a black screen. I've tried waiting, redownloading/installing and removing all the cfg is my documentsbut nothing works.

Edited by Crawflex

try adding -noPause -nosplash to the launch parameters

I did that. Then it just popped up with the logo but a text in the top left corner saying Waiting for host or something like that but nothing happened when I waited.

Ok when I used some launch parameters along with -windows I finally got the game to function. I got to go to the menu where I changed my video settings to the usual I have. Then I went ingame. Took a long ass time to load but I got in. I looked around and saw that the models were very low res (polygon wise), trees in the distance were 2d and popping in and out whenever I moved a bit back and then forwards again. The building I was in was also invisible along with the other buildings which were extremely low res. (Like I was looking at them from a distance). Then I deleted the window parameter and got into the menu again. Resolution very low. I went to the settings to change em but my native res was nowhere to be found (1650x1050). I tried changing it to 1600x1200 but no effect whatsoever.

Edited by Crawflex