Sign in to follow this  
gradth

A bambis first Kill! Do you feel the adrenaline?

So me and my buddies picked the game up a few days ago.  Learning curve and all(played infestation quite a bit) slowly figuring it out.  Well last night we were checking out the airport.  Server timed out and we got booted.  I found another server and joined.  Once I spawned I instantly heard footsteps in the next room.  Knowing my buddies had not joined yet.  I Freaked out.  There is a huge rush you get from close encounters.  So I slowly walked out of the room to the next with my pistol drawn.   There in the next room with his back to me is a guy fully geared with a m4 in his hands.  Now normally I would not shoot and try and be friendly, but since I was alone(buddies were not in yet) he had gun in hand, and I had the drop on him, I totally just shot him in the back.

I was shaking when it was over, not sure why but I was totally worked up about it.  I found the entire situation very strange.  I have ran across a few people in this game, some that were helpful to a noob, others that just ran.  I have played PvP style games before.  Im a old gamer(pushing 40) and have never had a game make me feel that way.  I wonder if it was guilt or pure enjoyment for I had just done. 

Anyone else get that feeling.

• Like 2

p.s I'm pretty sure it was me you shot.

Would you have shot me?

I didn't get much of a feeling besides a little enjoyment on my first standalone kill.

I was a new spawn and I headed right, toward the closest settlement. I saw a figure standing still in the middle of a fenced off patch of grass beside a house. I hadn't been playing that long so I didn't know how zombies appearances or animations had changed, so I lay down behind a tree and some bushes, turned on 3rd person and observed for a minute.

Pretty quickly I realised I was looking at a player but I used the rest of the waiting to see if he had been standing there long or was with others. The fact that his head alone was occasionally looking around threw me off. After that I cautiously circled around the back of him and took a look at his gear. I pulled a baseball bat from his backpack and began to lay into him.

After 5 or so minutes of swinging at him, he was still standing. I had obviously encountered some bug. Although he was now also a glorious fountain of infinite blood. I don't know if he was boned before but he was now. I took everything he had, made sure he was disarmed of all melee weapons, and went on my way.

I still don't know how he ended up like that but I assume he was somewhat AI controlled and probably wasn't actually logged in. Still, he was very near a spawn spot and had his little work undone. To me that was kind of a kill.

i still have to encounter this situation, but i guess i would feel the same way, untill now i only have encountered 2 friendly's and 2 full geared no pity players so they just shot me lol. i'll be back on this.

I ran into something similar last night after all the other stuff happened.  In one of the buildings at the airport(one with the jail cell).  I joined a new server and was waiting for my buddy to join.  main doors are closed when I spawn.  buddy spawns and instantly is spewing blood and now the doors are open.  he falls over dead or knocked out.  logged out and said he was dead and spawned at the beach.  So I bandage his corpse up(which is really not his corpse) and the body lays there looking around, but obviously alive.  But not my buddy.  Guessing it was a glitch, by buddy was no where near me anymore. 

Aphla I guess.

I to get these rushes you talk about, my friends and I when we come across others we adopt this black ops mindset and go full stealth, it's a thrill stalking someone until the point of blowing their brains out or if they run/fight it makes it more enjoyable to me.

I ran into something similar last night after all the other stuff happened.  In one of the buildings at the airport(one with the jail cell).  I joined a new server and was waiting for my buddy to join.  main doors are closed when I spawn.  buddy spawns and instantly is spewing blood and now the doors are open.  he falls over dead or knocked out.  logged out and said he was dead and spawned at the beach.  So I bandage his corpse up(which is really not his corpse) and the body lays there looking around, but obviously alive.  But not my buddy.  Guessing it was a glitch, by buddy was no where near me anymore. 

Aphla I guess.

He was dead, the corpse glitched out. When he told you he's dead he was right.