Sign in to follow this  
SJKSJK

Personal rule in dayz

Payday mask = I kill you?

Anybody else?? Or are there good people who wear these masks??

yup, shoot on sight a payday mask & before anyone pipes in "I don't kos & help people but wear a mask!" then i'm sorry you're an idiot, take the mask off..

• Like 2

Yup

payday mask = Bandit

Gas mask = Most likely a Bandit

Medical mask = Paranoid Survivor

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 2

I avoid them right now, simply because they give away my position moreso than if I weren't wearing them. Mark my words, though, if there's ever a full-black face mask that gets released, I guarantee I'll wear it whether it makes me a bandit or not. Blackout camo during night ops is just too damn helpful to evade detection.

i just wear it look more like a survivor... :(

I don't think this rule is even 50% safe.

Better use this rule: full camo gear + m4 + a group = bandit 90% of the times

Yup

payday mask = Bandit

Gas mask = Most likely a Bandit

payday mask = bandit

gas mask = most likely a bandit

medical mask = well-camouflaged bandit

no mask = sneaky bandit

I'm seeing a pattern here ...

• Like 6

Lumber jack shirt = correct

No hat = correct

No mask = correct

Then omg

It must be a BL1P

Well for the past few days anyway 

Gona change out my barbies outfit tonight 

Trying to think of a theme any ideas ?

Edited by BL1P

A good 30% of the friendlies i've come across have payday masks and geared people are often friendly too. First thing i do is gear up with camo/light green clothes and im friendly and don't KOS 99% of the time.

I encountered some guy wearing a pay-day mask that didn't kill me today. I was sitting at a water pump filling my water bottle when I noticed the dude. I immediately went into stealth mode and went prone behind the pump. I shouted in direct to see if he was friendly. He turned around and said yes. However, he was wearing a pay-day mask, so I was contemplating whether I should kill him. However, he made no hostile moves, so we chatted and then went our separate ways

In short, pay-day mask = use caution 

I am perfectly aware that all sorts of types wears the clown masks, numerous videos are evidence that it can be favoured by (kinda noobish) friendlies as well. However I completely understand the distrust of them voiced in this thread. Anyone approaching or passing me, while they are wearing such a mask, will automatically be regarded as potential targets for KoS on the level of full military gear characters.

You may choose to wear such a mask to flaunt your complex personality and that you appreciate the dark sides of your personality, or something similar, but it will put you at an immediate disadvantage in a situation where you have to gain the trust of someone else.

I have read a lot of posts from players who wears the mask because it perfectly symbolises the kind of psychopathical killers they are in the game, and that is how I read the mask as well, so anyone wearing them "just for fun" will get the same treatment as those psychos wearing them with an intent. There is enough reason to suspect casually clothed characters, I don't really need much to place other players in the "enemy" category.

yeah payday mask means you get shot on sight

I learned the hard way

Edited by BanditHero

Lumber jack shirt = correct

No hat = correct

No mask = correct

Then omg

It must be a BL1P

Well for the past few days anyway 

Gona change out my barbies outfit tonight 

Trying to think of a theme any ideas ?

Go for red lumber jack shirt, red bandana, those tall black boots and no pants and get a shotgun after the patch. You could be a trailer park bandit. :D

Me and my buddy have been running around in Ballistic Helmets and Gas masks. The only time we kill anyone is if they shoot at us. B ut I suppose they all think we're bandits because we get shot at alot.

Edited by eXolutionist

Rule #1: If you are in a squad or just with your mates, I am sorry but I have to kill you all if our paths cross.