Sign in to follow this  
Karmaterror

Some Random Thoughts About SA

Ok heres just a few thoughts/ suggestions from my time in SA so far.

Player Spawns - 

We need spreading out along the coast again i think, preferably the south coast. Put some distance between us and make getting north difficult. 

Balota - 

Balota imo should be portrayed as a civy airfield. Maybe 1 or 2 mill tents somewhere with some sandbags, just for a couple of soldiers to be posted at. Not loads of barracks. Move the barracks to NEA and have us all spawn on the south coast.

New mill base south of Zelen - 

This should have a lot less mill loot, maybe make it more of an industrial location (JCB to repair? :)) Same again with 1 or 2 military tents, just as if some soldiers made camp there.

Now players will have to push north to get mill gear, unless they get lucky on the coast. I also think adding 1 or 2 mill tents to the big citys would be ok aswell. Just no high end barracks on the coast. I just feel when loot respawn kicks in there is gonna be no reason to head north. No one will play the survival aspect so much when they can just gear quick and have a nice coastal deathmatch. 

They could place a few barracks on the island, and assuming we still drop gear when we swim, it would stop people getting high end rifle with the only purpose of killing fresh spawns. Put 2 barracks there with a bit of distance between then and you have the island made for casual deathmatch players. They dont play to survive so they wont be bothered about taking the gear back to the mainland. And the island will attract more people looking for the same thing...instant action :)

• Like 1

How about we just get rid of Balota completely and put the tents in vybor and put the barracks in NE Airfield.

I don't really see the difference between spawning on the east and heading west to gear up and the old system of spawning south and heading north.

Obviously the current spawns are a bit screwed with the majority of spawns happening in Solnichniy and Kamyshovo but that shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Plus i like that Cherno can now be made into decent place to aim for rather than just spawning there and getting it all on a plate.

The west is the new north.

• Like 2

Ok heres just a few thoughts/ suggestions from my time in SA so far.

Player Spawns - 

We need spreading out along the coast again i think, preferably the south coast. Put some distance between us and make getting north difficult. 

Balota - 

Balota imo should be portrayed as a civy airfield. Maybe 1 or 2 mill tents somewhere with some sandbags, just for a couple of soldiers to be posted at. Not loads of barracks. Move the barracks to NEA and have us all spawn on the south coast.

New mill base south of Zelen - 

This should have a lot less mill loot, maybe make it more of an industrial location (JCB to repair? :)) Same again with 1 or 2 military tents, just as if some soldiers made camp there.

Now players will have to push north to get mill gear, unless they get lucky on the coast. I also think adding 1 or 2 mill tents to the big citys would be ok aswell. Just no high end barracks on the coast. I just feel when loot respawn kicks in there is gonna be no reason to head north. No one will play the survival aspect so much when they can just gear quick and have a nice coastal deathmatch. 

They could place a few barracks on the island, and assuming we still drop gear when we swim, it would stop people getting high end rifle with the only purpose of killing fresh spawns. Put 2 barracks there with a bit of distance between then and you have the island made for casual deathmatch players. They dont play to survive so they wont be bothered about taking the gear back to the mainland. And the island will attract more people looking for the same thing...instant action :)

Nice idea turning Balota in a civ airbase. I also would love to see some small military camp locations in random forrests. Like a few tents wich can be lootable, few corpses and maybe a campfire. You get the idea. :)

I don't really see the difference between spawning on the east and heading west to gear up and the old system of spawning south and heading north.

Obviously the current spawns are a bit screwed with the majority of spawns happening in Solnichniy and Kamyshovo but that shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Plus i like that Cherno can now be made into decent place to aim for rather than just spawning there and getting it all on a plate.

The west is the new north.

I see what ya mean, also if they add citys to the north you would have cities on either flank to choose from as you push west for mill gear. Maybe im not seeing the big picture yet lol. Still think having the island as pvp paradise, and some spread out spawns could be cool though :)

I see what ya mean, also if they add citys to the north you would have cities on either flank to choose from as you push west for mill gear. Maybe im not seeing the big picture yet lol. Still think having the island as pvp paradise, and some spread out spawns could be cool though :)

Aye, i think its far to early to judge, there's still a load of work to be done on the north and east sides of the map which could change player habits dramatically, and hopefully Utes or even a whole new island will be added to spice things up in the south east.

looking forward to seeing the new coastal town in the next patch, i expect it'll be the half finished one at Guba which will make the east a lot more interesting.

I think all that is required is dozens more spawn points need to be placed along the east coast, maybe even a couple on Skalisty.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Balota barracks moved completely and another small military camp put somewhere else on the map.

Yeah more spawns for sure, and if they are going to spawn us all on the east coast then maybe portray NEA as a civy airfield. Keep Balota mill loot (maybe a bit less barracks) then it and NWA are the new places to push for.