Sign in to follow this  
Etherimp

What do YOU want to see in a DayZ SA YouTube series?

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you most want to see out of a DayZ YouTube series?

• Informative explanations
    • Player Interactions
    • Squad vs Squad combat
    • Evil Banditry and Backstabbery
    • Heroic Deeds
    • Comedy
    • Drama
    • Action montages set to music

Topic pretty much sums it up..

Just got a new PC, been planning on doing recordings for a while now but haven't had the PC to pull it off properly. 

So far, my plan is to start with an introductory episode covering some of the basics of gearing up and getting yourself healthy and staying alive/safe. (This falls under "informative/educational"), then have following episodes introduce a cast of friends (guys I play with on a regular basis who are of like mind/age group), then start helping people out and focusing on player interactions/heroism/squad play..

But, before I get anything set in stone, I want to know what the community wants to see most.. What would you guys watch? What are you most interested by? What would keep you entertained? Currently I feel there's a lack of informative gameplay. I see a lot of people who run around shooting other players while their screen keeps flashing "You are hungry." I see YouTubers/Streamers picking up items which are "ruined" off dead bodies.. I see people holding down their Mouse2 button while zoomed in and causing themselves to "pant" because the held their breathe too long, which throws off their shot, the complaining about how inaccurate the mosin is... I see people carrying around loads and loads of food and drink, and meanwhile their screen is blurry and they don't have "healthy" status.

So, pick as many as you see fit in the poll.. what do you want to see most and what do you feel the community needs most.

Thanks for your cooperation/attention.

Edit: Won't be starting the series until combat logging is ironed out. (hopefully soon).. Just gathering data and planning stuff at the moment.

Edited by Etherimp

men and women in leather Roaming the wild in a motorbike gang Screaming Profanity and searching for Jonny 

Mad Max

The Standalone Warrior's 

204623.jpg

Edited by Star Thornberry

Do some Greek Tragedy style of drama consisting of tragic irony and catharsis elements.

• Like 1

I want to see a web series using DayZ. Kinda like what Rooster Teeth did with RvB in Halo. Though, that would require a spectator mode.

I personally would like to see a little bit of everything.  I'm new to DayZ so staying alive past ten minutes is tough enough.  I just can't seem to find any useful items and my games normally end up in me just bleeding out and going unconscious.  The game is awesome though and I will get better.  You should just implement everything you had as an option and that'll make for a very cool series.

Edit: Won't be starting the series until combat logging is ironed out. (hopefully soon).. Just gathering data and planning stuff at the moment.

Well, combat loggers don't seem to be stopping other players from making great videos.

Well, combat loggers don't seem to be stopping other players from making great videos.

In my opinion there are not a lot of "great videos" out there, right now.. There are a lot of mediocre ones, and a few "good" ones, but "great" ones are very hard to come by. Furthermore, it's difficult to get good footage for DayZ as it is.. I'd rather not spend 2-3 hours gearing up, then going to a more active place to hunt down spawn campers or help out fresh spawns, just to have people combat log, then ghost around, essentially ruining that footage.. There's also the fact that the game is not very well optimized at the moment and there's still a lot of lag when it comes to player movement.. It's hard to tell whether someone is actually moving in X direction, or if they're just lagging out.. you still see a lot of people walking through walls.

All of these factors and more make it difficult to post a good ORGANIC episode, which is not "set up", like some youtubers resort to.

You see, I work nights, one of my friends plays during the day, and another is currently in college, which means his schedule is very  sporadic. If we're going to be doing episodes together, our play time needs to be scheduled, and a lot of it will have to be recorded to ensure we don't miss out on a potentially entertaining segment of our play time together.. I'd rather not waste my time chasing around some bandits who are just going to combat log as soon as they realize someone got the drop on them. Better to use our time playing together as efficiently as possible.. not to mention, I'd rather post videos for new-comers once a few things are ironed out.. I don't want the first impression of the game to be "oh wow look at how many combat loggers there are", which may turn people off to buying it.

Why is sit on the rocks and shoot new spawns not on there.

That would probably fall under banditry.. but honestly I simply don't play that way.. Sitting on rocks shooting fresh spawns is boring as fuck.