Sign in to follow this  
Roshi (DayZ)

Home made and modifiable clothing

So as the hunting system gets implemented it would be great to be able to use animal skins, along with other materials, to craft clothing. Hand sewn clothes would likely generally be of lower quality than those made by children in China, but animal skins could be useful for keeping warm for example.

Secondly, I would love to be able to modify some items of clothing e.g. sew on pockets, or add metal plates for some limited ballistic protection.

I think these sorts of things would add some flexibility to the clothing system and might make crafting more varied as well.

Edited by Roshi
  • Like 3

Nice thoughts, also would be cool by tearing down bushes and making ghillie suits, making ghillie helmet and so on.

yes. knitting socks in a zombie game <3

• Like 1

Wash socks. Wash smelly panties.

Edited by Uralbalbez

Good idea.There was a post back before,that allowed you to change the Mosin skin with a spraycan.

Maybe we can implement this on clothing too,and change their colous ;)

Also lets'make it something like:Sheers+sheep=wool+netting needle=clothing+spraycan=colourful clothing(not white)+metal scraps+kevlar=renforced clothing.

Good. One of my Groups current problem is recognition and custom cloth would be a good thing. Like taking Some Red Rags and placing them as a armband over your current tactical shirt or something. Or perhaps finding spray paint and making a Tag on the back of your cloth/vest. Any way to stick out at a distance so i do not have to call out. Hey are you the one In the red jacket. Every time. And some people might say, Go learn how your friends look. Well allot of people tend to change cloth allot. And my group is 18-20 guys so having all there looks in my head is quite difficult. I support this idea If It's implemented right.

Aiming for the more survival oriented side of things here. Identification (particularly with arm bands has been discussed elsewhere, although I agree with the armbands idea.

Moving in prone should wear out your clothes - sewing on knee and elbow pads could reduce this.

wait what? does not seem like a good idea, Moving in prone should wear out your clothes? no

Edited by DMentMan

wait what? does not seem like a good idea, Moving in prone should wear out your clothes? no

Why not? Have you tried crawling along on your belly over rough terrain/asphalt? It isn't good for your clothing (or your skin).

I would love to make some Road Warrior looking armor! Improvised gear made from scrap metal, tires,  and junk just looks cool! And the armband suggestion is simple and practical means of identification It would be nice to not neccessarily have to look paramilitary when you're fully geared out too!

Edited by Rudette