nexdemise

The mouse acceleration in this game is horrible...

Even after turning mouseSmoothing to 0 there is no kind of actual control over it. There is a button responsible for for turning acceration in the settings. It doesn't work, nor does it have any kind of corresponding variable in the configs. I have to say this is the first time my arm hurts after playing a game.

Y-axis gets positively accelerated meaning that anything above the slowest movement will make your character look almost completely up or completely down.

X-axis on the other hand is plagued by the worst of cancers that generally appears in games hastly ported over from consoles - negative acceleration (honestly, only other game that had this much trouble was Mass Effect 2, and there it could at least be fixed by editing the configs manually). Effectively moving your mouse slowly makes the character turn slowly, moving your mouse faster results in less turning than moving it slowly, moving it really fast makes your character not move at all.

The cherry on the cake is the fact that the senstivity values for x and y axis have really nothing do with eachother. .25 on x is very slow, .25 on y is very fast.

So anyone know of a fix for this mouse issue? Small recap - turning smoothing off does not help me at all. I did a google search but I just see other people complaining about the mouse with no actual solution.

And no it's not the problem with my computer. Acceleration is disabled in my mouse settings, its disabled via windows's registry settings (even 12+ year old games don't suffer from it), no other game suffers from this problem. I think even the DayZ for Arma2 handled better.

I understand the fact that the game tries to be realistic (even though you can make a 150 degree+ turn instantly irl if need be) but I think a hard limit on turning would be much better than this erratic jerking.

• Like 2

Why do you need to turn around fast, in this game? I don't quite get it. If you get shot from the side or behind you in close-quarters you're dead. Spinning around is not going to save you in this game. It's not Counter Strike or Battlefield  :P

At long range it makes no difference. And if you sprint into a town like capturing a flag in battlefield & get shot from behind or the side you deserve to die.  >:(

• Like 1

I have no problem with mouse acceleration and there have been threads on this before. If you want to complain about it then search bug tracker for it and up vote it, if it isn't there then make a bug report. This is not the place to complain about stuff that a minority have problems with. Please search before posting as well.

Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your stay.

I have Win7 with pointer speed set to max and my mouse is running at 2000 dpi. I know that's not the highest value but compared to my old generic mouse its much faster. Maybe they built/tested it with higher dps mice and you have a very low one? No idea really, just guessing but I an't say that I would really want my character to turn any faster than he already does. 

I have Win7 with pointer speed set to max and my mouse is running at 2000 dpi. I know that's not the highest value but compared to my old generic mouse its much faster. Maybe they built/tested it with higher dps mice and you have a very low one? No idea really, just guessing but I an't say that I would really want my character to turn any faster than he already does. 

My mouse cranked to it's highest DPI of 1600 has no problems also. And mine cost only $10 Australian.

EDIT: 600th post.

Edited by Dchil

I just bought the game and have to say - first impression is pretty bad when you cant control your character at all.

And I mean - at all. DayZ erratic mouse behaviour is an understatement.

It is simply NOT POSSIBLE to navigate around with this mouse problem.

I have a high quality gaming mouse from a major brand, works flawlessly in all games, have tried turning off all settings in its own driver software and playing with DayZ in-game mouse controls but no luck whatsoever.

The result is I am completely unable to do something simple like, well, turn myself.

And its completely random, which is what really gets frustrating.

I got a headache after playing 15 minutes and cant believe I even lasted that long.

Also like the OP said - changing the values ingame seems to do little to nothing. It does help with the sensitivity, but not very much (I have them both turned all the way off to 0) - but mouse acceleration seems to be stuck ON no matter what. Impossible to turn off.

Completely randomly the mouse X and Y axis will either be incredibly fast, or incredibly slow.

Example:

I am running across a field, i try to turn, and dont turn at all, then the next second I turn 900 degrees around spinning wildly.

This game should come with a seizure warning.

Navigating into a house is a nightmare.

Moving back and forth doesnt work since ragdoll physics is completely broken so even the most simple movement of a character in a gameworld engine doesnt work either - but despite that (lets focus on mouse issue now) - simply turning around to face a door, or target an item, literally takes a full minute of frustration.

Am glad that this is not a problem for many of you and you can enjoy the game.

In which case you do not need to comment here (like the above loser trolls who did).

Is there anything I can change, known mouse brands, etc that cause problems with this?

Why do you need to turn around fast, in this game? I don't quite get it. If you get shot from the side or behind you in close-quarters you're dead. Spinning around is not going to save you in this game. It's not Counter Strike or Battlefield  :P

At long range it makes no difference. And if you sprint into a town like capturing a flag in battlefield & get shot from behind or the side you deserve to die.  > :(

Not sure if trolling or just very naive...

Did you even ever played any shooter? It is crucial to be able to turn that fast for the case in which you have to... this alone should be enough to explain it but well, with other words, if im made unable to turn as fast as i want to choose within the mouse sensitivity, then i can also just pick up a gamepad or chop one of my hands off. Turning fast is not to shoot back at someone who did already hit you once, it is to be able to change the direction you cover asap after hearing a noice or teammate in teamspeak spotting an enemie... furthermore it is not your business to judge what is needed for other peoples playstyle. thank you.

Edited by SprStnd

Couldn't care less about turning around. I just want to be able to move my mouse and have the character look consistently.

If I move the mouse 2cm fast I expect to be looking at the exact same place as if I had moved it 2cm slowly.

Can't see a single good reason why this game handles like such a pig. If they want to simulate agility, add a max turning speed cap not mouse acceleration.

It's as simple as that, nothing to argue over. The current mouse control is spastic and broken. 

That's only going to make things worse...

I have default Windows sens, 450 DPI and the in-game sens slider all the way down and the accel doesn't give me any issues.

Anyway, in answer to the OP...

"Is mouse acceleration being fixed?

It is not fixed in this update, but we plan to make control changes. It is not as simple as turning it "off" as the speed your character turns is not dictated by the mouse itself, but your movements combined with the type of weapon you have, how tired you are, etc."