Sign in to follow this  
zhrike

Persistent blood from kills

I really like the idea of blood from player injuries staining the landscape/environment for some period of time that persists longer than that of dead bodies. I'm really just thinking of player deaths and injuries.

Trails of blood would potentially identify injured players, as well as areas where death has occurred.  You might not be able to find your dead body (which is a good thing), but you could find your death site, and look wistfully upon it as you imagine you lived another life that ended on that spot. Which, of course, you did.

You'd have no way of knowing whether a bloody patch in a house or building is a remnant of an infected incident as exist in many of the houses, or a recent injury or death, and that adds some tactics and strategies all around. Seeing bloody patches in the wild, in grass, just makes that area eerier, particularly if there is a time limit. You'd know it was somewhat recent.

It would also help to locate bodies that were killed in grass - which also makes sense. People bleed when they're shot, and that blood would stain grass and the ground around the site. I could see blood trails as well, for injured players, if it's doable.

I think it would be persistent only in the sense that it last for some time, but ultimately it would have to disappear, otherwise all of Chernarus would be painted red.

• Like 6

"Sounds like a good idea" he said as he studied the blood smeared upon the long grass before him. 

"I hitem. I know that much."

"Good shit brah"

"I wonder how much load this all adds to the server"

"God knows cuz"

I love the idea of tracking blood trails after winging someone in a fight. Exactly the kind of authentic and gritty life-or-death scenario that belongs in DayZ.

Upbeans.

I know ACE_Mod for ARMA had some bloodstaining as well as trash from used bandages, medical kits, etc. Shouldn't be that hard to do if a mod for ARMA did it.