Sign in to follow this  
TedZ

[Possible Fps/Lag Fix Solutions]

In this thread, i'm going to list an majority of things which could possibly help you fix Lag, i cannot say these are 100% Working, but they worked me and my and friends, so i'd like to share to many other people,.

Firstly, having a SDD (Solid State Drive) will increase your performance significantly.

Firstly, i'm going to list how you can set Launch options which can easily increase the performance when your playing.

[Steam’s launch options allow you to supercede the internal settings of whichever game they are applied too.]

Launch Options:

Firstly head to your library tab in Steam

Right click DayZ and click Properties. 

Click on "Set Launch Options"

In the little box type

•  -nosplash – removes the Bohemia Interactive splash page.
  • -noPause – gets you into the game faster.
  • -cpuCount=8 – set this to how many cores your CPU has.
  • -maxMem =8192 – set this to the total amount of RAM your system has, 2048 for 2GB,  4096 for 4GB, 8192 for 8GB.
  • -Window - sets your game to windowed mode

So you’re launch options within the box should look something like this: -cpuCount=8 -nosplash -noPause -maxMem=8192 -window

Configuration Files

There is few files that can be tweaked to boost your performance in DayZ,

Firstly, you'd have to locate My Documents\Dayz\Dayz.cfg  once located, open it up using Notepad

Open it up and edit the following:

• GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 - set this to 1.
  • GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1 - set this to 1.

now you want to open another file, you can locate it at: My Documents\DayZ Other Profiles \<your profile>\<name>.dayzprofile’. You can edit this file in ‘notepad’ or any other text editor. Open it up and edit the following:

• sceneComplexity=100000 - this number affects your object details. Setting it anywhere from 50000 to 20000 can improve performance significantly.
  • shadowZDistance=250  - this number affects the distance at which shadows are drawn, setting this to a lower value will increase FPS.
  • preferredObjectViewDistance=1000 - this number affects the distance in metres that the engine will draw objects. A lower number will greatly improve performance.

Graphical Settings

Depending on your computer specs, this will differ, but setting your settings to low will vastly increase your game performance.Setting Ambient occlusion to low will greatly improve FPS but you will see a noticeable difference in the way that the lighting works. Object detail, terrain detail and shadow detail all have a significant effect on performance.

Webistes/Videos to help increase FPS

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdP6TxvlIsg

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl_yuLy_03U

-http://dayzintel.com/dayz-standalone/dayz-standalone-performance-guide

- i DO not own the rights to most of this information, some of it was found from the guide listed above.

It'd be greatly appreciated if you listed fixed/stragetys and i'll gladly add them to the list, don't forget to spare some beans if you can, i hope it helped you

-INFORMATION MAY CHANGE-

Extra:

-winXP - Starts the game in windows xp compatibility mode, gave me around 5-10 more fps. Note: makes you unable to minimize the game, as it will crash upon reactivation, use steambrowser for map.^^

-high - Starts the game with a high process priority, made the fps count become a little more stable while turning or running... i think to imagine...

Thanks for looking

kind regards

Ted

Edited by Ted_Youtube
  • Like 5

Thanks for the reply, updated and added a few bits of more information.

Valuable info there, also great idea to collect it all in one place, beans for the effort

If anyone's having problems they should read this =)

Bump, i hope people do realize this can help!

This helped me out greatly thank you very much OP!!!!

The only issue I have now is in the major towns. I can not escape massive FPS drops any time I am in one. Everywhere else runs crystal smooth (not on max settings, but quality isn't to bad).

If anyone can point out if my rig isn't up to par to really run this game, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
       System Model: 132-CK-NF78
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU     E6850  @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
          Page File: 3041MB used, 2557MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
       Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 650
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FC6&SUBSYS_843E1043&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 3781 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1990 MB
      Shared Memory: 1791 MB
       Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: SAMSUNG
         Monitor Id: SAM0661
        Native Mode: 1360 x 768(p) (60.015Hz)
        Output Type: HDMI
        Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.3221 (English)
     Driver Version: 9.18.13.3221
        DDI Version: 11
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 12/19/2013 12:33:31, 18222008 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: 
  Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4C86-11CF-667F-33A41CC2C435}
          Vendor ID: 0x10DE
          Device ID: 0x0FC6
          SubSys ID: 0x843E1043
        Revision ID: 0x00A1
 Driver Strong Name: oem25.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section093:9.18.13.3221:pci\ven_10de&dev_0fc6
     Rank Of Driver: 00E02001
        Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C 

Edited by Scubasteve2020

Very Crappy Performance. 

Specs:

AMD fx 6300 OC 4.3 ghz 

8 gbs ripjaw series 

Asrock Extreme 3 pro 970

Asus 760 2 gb

EVGA 650 Modular PSU (not that this matters)

Yeah and I get like 15-20 frames which really I have no chance at all in a gunfight with how choppy it is. I have tried all the steam Launch  and Config things and It really didnt help.  Settings ingame do not change my fps at all other then the resolution but I can not stand to have that lower then My native because well It just makes my eyes water like crazy and gives me a headache.  Id like to point something out because people do say that the game is CPU intense and that is that My CPU is only being used by 20% while playing the game and My GPU is also Low like its not even being used.  the hell? 

Anyway This is alpha. I still would have Expected Better frames though being that Since I played Arma 2 and the DayZ mod On a AMD fx 4100 and a 560 ti and got 60 frames with only 4 gb memory at the time idk....its dumb

I tried a few things made no difference game is gone to shit as soon as i hit towns after last patch.

Edited by Smiley_ie

I hope i did not just missed to read it but i found 2 additional launch options which have helped me.

-winXP - Starts the game in windows xp compatibility mode, gave me around 5-10 more fps. Note: makes you unable to minimize the game, as it will crash upon reactivation, use steambrowser for map.^^

-high - Starts the game with a high process priority, made the fps count become a little more stable while turning or running... i think to imagine...

Okay, thanks for the post, i will add this!

Edited by Ted_Youtube

Meh Tried it all I still get 15-20 fps  I can never get into any type of PVP Not even with Zombies with it being this bad.  Its Alpha but We dont need another Planetside 2 which took them a whole year before they managed to give it the performance patch which Still to this date is not done.  DayZ needs to get their Act together with this before anything else!

Again though This took them A year longer to do the standalone to do modding onto the Map and engine and Adding clothing and Building that you can enter......I still don't see how that took a year to do and then they never Once touched on Performance seeing how its Not fully to far from the performance of Arma 2  but what ever.  

All I will have to say is In the end Once Alpha is done and the game eventually Releases Since I wasted $30 on this game It just better be playable when the time comes or like really how most say lol I will be demanding a refund.