floj

[POLL] - 3PP / 1PP and seeing round corners

280 members have voted

1. 1. Does the ability to see around cover affect you?

• I play 1PP only, I will never play in 3PP
    • I play 1PP, but would play 3PP if the ability to see around cover is fixed
    • I play 3PP but think the ability to see around cover should be fixed.
    • I play 3PP and don't think the ability to see around cover should be fixed.
    • I hate polls / no opinion on the ability to see around cover
  2. 2. Which solution would you prefer?

• The Fourth Wall mod type
    • Camera angle restrictions
    • Remove 3PP entirely
    • Other (please post in 3PP fix thread)
    • I don't want a solution
    • I still hate polls / no opinion

Calling me one-sided isn't attacking the points raised, it's attacking the person that raised the points. You still haven't quite grasped this ad hominem thing, or you're just a master of irony. Anyway, enough feeding today, there's goats need to be helped crossing your bridge.

EDIT: Thanks for keeping this on the first page again, those D voters are getting slaughtered recently with all the attention this threads getting.

Edited by phlOgistOn

Calling me one-sided isn't attacking the points raised, it's attacking the person that raised the points. You still haven't quite grasped this ad hominem thing, or you're just a master of irony. Anyway, enough feeding today, there's goats need to be helped crossing your bridge.

EDIT: Thanks for keeping this on the first page again, those D voters are getting slaughtered recently with all the attention this threads getting.

Yeah, I dont quite get it. You insist in calling yourself neutral, yet it is very apparent that you only argue against one group.

Well I'm not neutral, I stand to my opinion. I also don't claim to be, this would be just unfair. You started that ad hominem thing. You discovered it in a thread full of ad hominem arguments pretty late, and surprisingly as I said, that you are not my speaker and not listening. I'd call this also quite odd. Nope, I don't buy your neutral position.

Twisting the knife is what you do. Stop it, accept that peoples are having a choice and we can move on.

Edited by Ken Bean

...if an extremist like tommes just makes his selfish demands. 

You must feel terribly threatened by me, though I actually didn't demand anything nor do I have the power to change DayZ or just disable NumEnter on your keyboard.

You shuld relax a little more. Go, enjoy yourself, play on unrestricted 3PP for as long as you can. It's time might be over in the foreseeable future. :D

You must feel terribly threatened by me, though I actually didn't demand anything nor do I have the power to change DayZ or just disable NumEnter on your keyboard.

You shuld relax a little more. Go, enjoy yourself, play on unrestricted 3PP for as long as you can. It's time might be over in the foreseeable future. :D

And you either know what we don't or you are just daydreaming.

Lets let the devs do what they enjoy most.

Yeah, I dont quite get it. You insist in calling yourself neutral, yet it is very apparent that you only argue against one group.

Well I'm not neutral, I stand to my opinion. I also don't claim to be, this would be just unfair. You started that ad hominem thing. You discovered it in a thread full of ad hominem arguments pretty late, and surprisingly as I said, that you are not my speaker and not listening. I'd call this also quite odd. Nope, I don't buy your neutral position.

Twisting the knife is what you do. Stop it, accept that peoples are having a choice and we can move on.

I claim to be a 1PP player that would play 3PP if it was fixed. I stand by that. I pose statements and facts to back my case, and dismerit the case against it. You pose pointless comments, logical fallacies and rhetoric that don't further the debate but just prolong it over 30 pages instead of 5.

I've highlighted with this poll that of just the 3PP players in the game, the majority wants the exploit gone. This was because a small vocal minority (seems to be about 5 players in the whole forum) kept saying that the evidence of 3PP servers being more popular was showing that the exploit is fine and working as intended. That argument is dead, buried by this poll, the reason I made the poll in the first place.

Now that you don't have that to rely on, you're just screaming down the forums, attacking people that don't agree with you without even attempting to counter the points raised. It's a boring exploit and only rewards boring playstyles for players that don't want any risk in their boring survival game. Might I recommend playing Farmville? That has 3PP and you can see anything on your whole farm, it's really popular so it must be good.

EDIT: Speaking of boring, I find you boring. From here on consider any response to me a soliloquy

Edited by phlOgistOn
  • Like 1

Some days I just can't get over how hardcore 1pp makes us. If the navy seals were recruiting, they'd totally ignore the 3pp players and just focus on us 1pp players. We're a higher level of being, a superior race of player. 3pp players are just jelly they aren't playing the game the way it was meant to be played. They're jelly they can't be hardcore because of their magical parascope.

I figured I'd give you the type of post you guys are always ranting on about.

• Like 3

Agree with Dayz3000 here. You guys have more options now. Use them and quit QQing. leave it the way it is and quit crying about it. I've really seen enough of these threads. A lot of people act like it's some sort of totally unequal playing field. Adapt and use what you have available to you, or go play 1PP.

Agree with Dayz3000 here. You guys have more options now. Use them and quit QQing. leave it the way it is and quit crying about it. I've really seen enough of these threads. A lot of people act like it's some sort of totally unequal playing field. Adapt and use what you have available to you, or go play 1PP.

Most 3PP players don't want it. Read options C and D from the first part of the poll. Where's the option for that majority to play without the exploit?

If you want to exploit 3pp, go play the mod. Don't try and keep ArmA's co-op baggage in DayZ:SA for the devs to have to constantly work around.

• Like 2

And you either know what we don't or you are just daydreaming.

Lets let the devs do what they enjoy most.

Uhm...what?

You are missing "I play both 1P/3P" choice... As to the question of this being an advantage... just like anything else in Multiplayer games: as long as EVERYONE can also use the same "advantage" then said advantage isnt one any longer as all can use it.

Yes, but in 1pp view you have to expose nearly your entire head to see, often more! How is that more realistic?

Apparently you haven't found the magical "Lean" buttons yet? You really don't have to expose your whole head but you do have to expose about half of it and guess what, the other person has to expose their head to see you exposing yours. Unlike 3rd person where you both sit behind a rock/tree/corner and watch for the other person to lean out or leave cover and then pre-aim and pop up/out just long enough to shoot. 

3rd person fights go like this. Side A sits in Cover. Side B sits in Cover. Which ever side gets impatient and moves first is most likely to die. With 1st person you can pop out of cover and lay down covering fire all around and on the other side's cover. They can risk looking out and getting hit to see if you moved or just stayed put, either way there is some merit to covering fire and movement tactics. In 3rd person there is no reason to ever fire unless you can shoot directly at a player.

I like 1pp but I play on 3pp servers cause surviving till I am all geared up is so much easier and takes (compared to 1pp servers) zero effort. When I am geared up I go on a 1pp server. Hope they remove the 3pp entirely or separate hives.

I found this true in the mod. 3rd person made it very simple to avoid zombies. 1st person made it more difficult to avoid Zombies. Now zombies are not a huge threat in the mod or SA... yet... but in either of them you can avoid zombies by using 3rd person to check for them around corners and behind walls and never agro them. 1st means you have to expose part of yourself to possible agro to see where that moaning zombie actually is so you can plan a route around them. Because 3rd person makes it dangerous to sit still, you never know when someone might be viewing you with their periscope, and makes avoiding zombies very easy you typically run through a town since speed is your best defense against 3rd person campers. 

Also you only should be allowed to vote if you are at least 18. Isnt the game for people of 18 and above? Where does all the childish behavior come from?

You cant discuss here, its like standing in a kindergarten.

It's amazing to see how often people project their own sins onto others. 

It's amazing to see how often people project their own sins onto others. 

Tha't exactly how this pissing contest started.

Frankly, I have absolutely no clue what you 1st person lover want from 3rd person player.

You talk and explain, just plain pointless. Yeah, you think 1st person server are better. Fine. Who cares? Go play on your precious server. Instead you spam the forums with this nonsense over and over.

Bah, not only this boring repetive arguments, also this discussion stile full of insults and what not. Aren't you bored yourself? There's a life outsite. Why wasting it with this nonsense?

There are 1st person server and 3rd person server. - Whoa! - That's the big deal you can't accept...

Edited by Ken Bean

Tha't exactly how this pissing contest started.

Frankly, I have absolutely no clue what you 1st person lover want from 3rd person player.

You talk and explain, just plain pointless. Yeah, you think 1st person server are better. Fine. Who cares? Go play on your precious server. Instead you spam the forums with this nonsense over and over.

Bah, not only this boring repetive arguments, also this discussion stile full of insults and what not. Aren't you bored yourself? There's a life outsite. Why wasting it with this nonsense?

There are 1st person server and 3rd person server. - Whoa! - That's the big deal you can't accept...

Did you notice what this thread was about. It wasn't strictly about removing 3rd person servers, it was asking what people's opinions are. One of those is that 3rd person should remain... IF the exploits it allows are removed or at least toned down. I prefer 1st person I find it immersive and more difficult than 3rd person and I am not totally opposed to difficult like it seems some people are, depending on what else it brings. I play on 3rd person servers in the Mod because they are more populated and there is a TON MORE of them so finding a low ping 1st person server running the mod and options I want otherwise is basically impossible much less finding one that has a decent population. 

Some people point at that as proving that 3rd person is popular and so must stay. I see it more like Walmart. After all the self-bloodbag/3rd person servers pushed a lot of the 1st person servers out of business, so to speak, there isn't an option for some of us to log into a 1st person server. Walmart is cheaper and 3rd person is easier, they appeal to the masses and both have forced some really bad habits/experiences. In many cases they have forced the competition for "consumers" out of the way so they are the only option left. Give that Walmart has some bad business practices that are bad for the communities they are in and 3rd person has exploits it sucks for those of us who like family run stores and exploit free servers. 

I will happily shop at Walmart when they pay their workers a living wage, stock quality items, and stop strong arming those who produce the products they sell. I will happily play on 3rd person servers when some of the more glaring exploits 3rd person offers are mitigated. Till then I'll have to suffer through 3rd person servers and the exploits.... at least I am not supporting a company that is actively bad for communities... or hope and pray for a low ping 1st person server that is neither empty nor full. 

• Like 1

Yeah, don't care on what server you play. Either way, it's fine. Just wondering why the 1st person lover are not getting over it. They are discussion that most, even recording videos, 3d animations whatnot. And again, polls and polls and polls started by them. Strange.

Edited by Ken Bean

You are missing "I play both 1P/3P" choice... As to the question of this being an advantage... just like anything else in Multiplayer games: as long as EVERYONE can also use the same "advantage" then said advantage isnt one any longer as all can use it.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Having 3PP enabled destroys common sense in combat behaviour and creates cover mikado.

It's not about having advantage or not. It's about not having ridiculous advantage.

I have absolutely no clue what you 1st person lover want from 3rd person player.

You talk and explain, just plain pointless.

Exatcly that is what it started...and keeps the wheel spinning and spinning and spinning.

Yeah, don't care on what server you play. Either way, it's fine. Just wondering why the 1st person lover are not getting over it. They are discussion that most, even recording videos, 3d animations whatnot. And again, polls and polls and polls started by them. Strange.

Look at the results of the poll... even disregarding the 23 - 35 % of players that prefer 1PP.

Only 18 - 28 % want 3PP with the exploit

38 - 50% want 3PP AND WANT THE EXPLOIT GONE.

Strangely enough, it looks like the poll worked, just not in your favour.

Either way, it's fine. 

That is just it, it really isn't "fine". 3rd person creates horrible combats with very little strategy. If you don't care about PVP it also makes avoiding zombies stupidly simple in both the Mod and SA so it affect PVE as well. Removing those things that make this true but keeping 3rd person for the purposes of those who claim 1st person makes them ill(I believe about 20% of those claiming this) would make things "fine". People will flock to the easier mode of play... 3rd person is easy mode. 

• Like 1

There's nothing to discuss actually. Most are just waiting for you to understand. :)
  • Like 2

My main problem with 1pp is that you can't see over your backpack when pressing alt to look behind urself + I am more of a 3pp type of guy

As to the question of this being an advantage... just like anything else in Multiplayer games: as long as EVERYONE can also use the same "advantage" then said advantage isnt one any longer as all can use it.

Wrong. See my post below from the other thread.

Once again, someone else has missed the points I've made entirely. Even if everyone was using 3PP, someone could still gain combat advantage. Clearly you and everyone who shares this viewpoint is having difficulty grasping how this could be possible, so I've taken a screenshot from the video in the OP of this thread to demonstrate it, because a picture paints a thousand words...

3PPExploit.png

Imagine that everyone in this image is using 3PP because they're on a 3PP only server or something. Now, because the person behind the wall (the one in the foreground) is closer to the wall than the three standing in the background, they have a situational advantage over those three people. This is because the three people, even though they're using 3PP, cannot see what is directly behind the wall because of their distance to it. This is why 3PP is exploitable, regardless of whether other people are using 3PP or not.

It's quite simple really, if you think about it and apply some logic.