Sign in to follow this  
Zeeb (DayZ)

<<<< Delay is one of the biggest enemies! >>>>

One of the biggest problem I have with DayZ is that when I want my character to go from prone to upstanding it takes forever, just today I had someone sniping on me when I was in prone and I tried to stand up and my character was just laying there, so during the 10 seconds I was screaming "STAND THE FU*K UP!" I could've died, the delay is what could be the difference between life and death, I really hope they will fix all type of animation delays like eating, holding, crouching, proning, sprinting and aiming asap.

In my opinion this is the most crucial thing that needs to be fixed at the moment, you'll get so mad when you see your character doing nothing while you're repeatedly pressing a key while under fire or other intense actions. Since they did say themselves that before implementing other things they need to fix all the stuff that is already in the game, so animations and actions should be on the top priorities but I've heard nothing about it from the developers.

If I had died by that kind of thing I would have no keyboard left.

What are your opinions on this matter?

Edited by Zeeb
  • Like 2

It was slow in the mod, so maybe they see it as something that's intended. There are WAY too many delays in this game, for example the jogging into sprinting delay is annoying.

lol i had a zombie destroy everything on me once when it caught me at a drinking well pressed 2 to pull out my m4 when i saw it running and my char who was in the drinking animation glitched and decided to stand up then lay down so i pressed c to stand (and the zombie now laying right into me) so my char stands up then runs a few steps and dives onto the ground then pulls out his m4... it was a sad frustrating time for me. (the whole thing lasting probably 20-30 seconds of just unusual behavior)

That actually was 1 of the very few times the game actually managed to make me mad, i didn't get mad when i've glitched and died countless times or had my char reset on a server restart, but just the uselessness of getting my ass handed to me by a zombie was humiliating i still cry over it sometimes :( haha

But like others have said 'alpha' and Dean has said that they're going to be consistently working on making animations seamless so all in due time my friend all in due tiiiiiiiime!

Edited by twingunz

Speaking of delayed animations, have you guys noticed how you can't hit the deck anymore, so to speak?

In the mod you could make your character jump forwards and prone while running, but now it's very stiff and takes forever.

It's alpha? Shit I never thought of that..

genius_troll_meme_by_mbsotn-d5cace9.png

Edited by Zeeb

To the guys saying this is Alpha, we know. The point of alpha is to test and offer to suggestions to help the development of the game. Improving animations seems like a pretty good suggestion. 

• Like 1

It was slow in the mod, so maybe they see it as something that's intended. There are WAY too many delays in this game, for example the jogging into sprinting delay is annoying.

Delete "double W".

Replace it with ??? strg ???.

You must not stop for sprint this way.