Sign in to follow this  
-Gews-

Mosin 91/30 hit probabilities

6PEKAJJ.png

I did some calculations on the chance of hitting a head or torso with an unmodified, basic Mosin (no attachments).

These are the approximate hit probabilities.

Headshot, perfect aim

100% = 75 meters

75% = 100 meters

50% = 125 meters

25% = 175 meters

Torso, perfect aim

100% = 150 meters

75% = 260 meters

50% = 320 meters

25% = 450 meters

• Like 8

There was already a good redit thread on dispersion based on the game files. Your tests are probably inconclusive because we can not see the quality of the gun itself yet and that appears to have a drastic impact on its accuracy. 

• Like 1

Look at this wanker ^

Gews always has good facts and tests involving guns and trajectories in DayZ ect ect.

• Like 1

There was already a good redit thread on dispersion based on the game files. Your tests are probably inconclusive because we can not see the quality of the gun itself yet and that appears to have a drastic impact on its accuracy.

Which is why I added "basic [...] Mosin". I don't yet know how (or if) gun condition affects accuracy. So far I've only seen one accuracy value per weapon, modified by attachments. So far it also seems to correspond to other tests (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/160401-mosin-test-effect-of-bipod-video/). If there is some hidden accuracy modifiers based on gun condition, I would assume the standard value would be for a pristine weapon.

Which is why I added "basic [...] Mosin". I don't yet know how (or if) gun condition affects accuracy. So far I've only seen one accuracy value per weapon, modified by attachments. So far it also seems to correspond to other tests (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/160401-mosin-test-effect-of-bipod-video/). If there is some hidden accuracy modifiers based on gun condition, I would assume the standard value would be for a pristine weapon.

Than why didnt you include that in the OP?

• Like 1

Good stuff to know about, thank you. Ya' got my beans.

Than why didnt you include that in the OP?

"basic Mosin"

"approximate"

And if you want the full truth, it's technically not even the probabilities of hitting a "head" or a "torso", it's the probabilities of hitting a 0.25 x 0.1825 meter ellipse and a 0.667 x 0.375 meter rectangle.

Oh! Forgive me Father, for I have sinned!

16NLB1W.png?1

NL1yEv4.png?1

• Like 2

I love when people come into Gews threads and start questioning/denying his findings.

I love when people come into Gews threads and start questioning/denying his findings.

Although I'm not right 100% of the time. I've made my share of mistakes.

: 0

Although I'm not right 100% of the time. I've made my share of mistakes.

: 0

point is if you take the three posts you just made. Add them to the OP, you'd have one really good post. Instead of a post at face value that doesnt offer much in the way of reasoning or evidence. Like there is suddenly a lot more real information in this thread than some guy posting numbers that dont have any backing or methodology. 

point is if you take the three posts you just made. Add them to the OP, you'd have one really good post. Instead of a post at face value that doesnt offer much in the way of reasoning or evidence. Like there is suddenly a lot more real information in this thread than some guy posting numbers that dont have any backing or methodology. 

Next time I'll be sure to put everything in. Sometimes I'm lazy.

• Like 1

There is no indication that guns actually have a "quality".. As far as anyone knows, the only quality of a gun is the quality of the parts you put on it. There would be a really easy way to test this, to be sure.

1. Find a gun

2. Find another gun

3. Shoot one gun with the other.

4. Pick up the gun you shot

5. Load gun

6. Shoot it.

If it shoots, it's not "ruined", which means the gunshot to the gun did nothing, which means there is no "quality" of the gun itself.

Also, you can "inspect" weapons, and all of them look the same. There is no visual indication of wear and tear (as there is on clothing, mags, gun parts, etc.)

There are quite a few people ASSUMING guns have a hidden "quality" which simply isn't visible.. but as far as we know that's completely speculation and so far we have no reason to believe guns have any hidden qualities we can't see.

Next time I'll be sure to put everything in. Sometimes I'm lazy.

After looking at your work I greatly appreciate the amount of work you did. There are just a lot of people that claim things they dont know anything about. By being detailed and shairing your methods you can help everyone be more educated and distinguish yourself from the drivel!

• Like 1

*Looks at Gew's Post Count"

Look at other threads made by Gews

Huh....