Sign in to follow this  
illville502

In Game Cameras

This might sound simply retarded but it would be really neat if they added camera's in the game as loot. Ever since the invention of the camera the face of war has changed. The true brutal nature of war can be caught much better in a single photo sometimes than any live recording could ever try to do. Imagine wondering through a town searching for water and food but you come across polaroids scattered across the floor. Covered in blood with person laying on the ground rolled to the side with them looking directly into the camera with a gun pointed in their face.......this would creep me out more than any bandit. Imagine the things you could do with this. Maybe leave a picture trail with clues to the next photo to lead a sucker to an ambush. You could make bulletin boards where other players could leave their own photos of their journeys, bandit adventures or great times with there friends.

• Like 6

I'd like to see ingame cameras.  Even in this day of screenshots and photouploads an ingame picture would be nice, especially for the 'end game' type of stuff like player bases or other recon.  Maybe cameras with zoom lenses for thous that lack binoculars.  I can see people having ingame mementos as well.  Silly as it sounds, someone will kill a player with a camera and a protector case full of pictures of dead bodies without their pants on.

I could only imagine the messed up photo's I'd find in game. It would give you a great sense of what people do outside of your normal Day Z routine. It would also be pretty awesome to have everyone agree to not shoot battlefield photogs so they could cover large battles. They could get some excellent shots.

Doubt that'd ever happen, but it'd be fun to see guys in press vests running around during clan battles with just cameras.

I'm brand new to this forum, my bad.

It's all right, everyone is new to something at one stage.

• Like 1

This would be such a brilliant  addition. It's stuff like this, which I think the game is supposed to be about

• Like 1