Sign in to follow this  
Baby Jesus (DayZ)

Why do I keep spawning in the same place?

It's suppose to be a bit more random than it seems to be. It won't stay this way but there are more pressing issues they need to deal with right now. 

I'd prefer to keep spawning on the east coast but I'm well accustomed to not hanging around cherno and elektro anyway.

• Like 1

Oh, I'm sorry, you want to spawn at Balota? Tough luck, because you won't. Players now spawn East like it or not. After all, you spawn near the NEAF, so I don't understand the QQ.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Oh, I'm sorry, you want to spawn at Balota? Tough luck, because you won't. Players now spawn East like it or not. After all, you spawn near the NEAF, so I don't understand the QQ.

Actually, no. Maybe you shouldn't assume things about people you dont know. It gets a little dull and tedious spawning at the same place over and over.

• Like 2

For about the past 10 lives, I've spawned at either Berezino or Solnich. Is this a bug or something?

You're just lucky, I guess.

Ignore trolls, the new spawn system is terrible. It is terribly repetitive, it corrals all the new spawns into one little corridor for bandits to hunt and pretty much makes all the cities on the East Coast into lootless/zombiesless wastelands filled with nothing but corpses, pants, flashlights and bandits.

I say spawn everywhere, less easy kills for bandits, more interesting spawns for nubs, more of a sense of being "lost" that is so important in DayZ. I don't really see the downside.

• Like 4

Ignore trolls, the new spawn system is terrible. It is terribly repetitive, it corrals all the new spawns into one little corridor for bandits to hunt and pretty much makes all the cities on the East Coast into lootless/zombiesless wastelands filled with nothing but corpses, pants, flashlights and bandits.

I say spawn everywhere, less easy kills for bandits, more interesting spawns for nubs, more of a sense of being "lost" that is so important in DayZ. I don't really see the downside.

"spawn everywhere" Oh, great, now I would have to deal with punchers up north. 

Yeah, but with the scale of the map and the number of towns/cities there are tons of places to possibly spawn so the likelyhood of them spawning at your city isn't all that high. I kind of like the idea of spawning everywhere. Might be Cherno...might be some tiny town in the middle of nowhere. However, I think key places like airfields and military bases should have a fairly good size area around them that you cannot spawn in.

On the flip side, I kind of like the feeling of traveling away from my roots, away from where I know people will be common. When up northwest it's almost a feeling of true adventure and vastness. When you run into someone you know they've been through quite the travel just like yourself. I can see how that could possibly be taken away by people spawning up there.

Perhaps it could be something along the lines of spawning anywhere within 2km of a beach, aside from Ballota and NEAF.

Edited by solodude23

Oh woah is you, the burdens you bare without so much as a complaint. How ever can you defend yourself from the tyranny of the new spawns....

When i started playing for the first time i spawned at Kamenka. Had no idea where i could go, so i ran away from the sea to see what was inland. Ran into the militairy base under Pavlovo. Got my first M4 within minutes of playing. Good times.

Anyway, people who complain about spawn locations being the same every time have bigger things to worry about, like not dying so much. 

Edited by Greaves