Admiral_69

"I Nearly Sh*t Myself" or Startling Moments in DayZ

Had quite a few, mostly humbling moments.

Latest was on Green Mountain at the military facility. Only 3 players on server, including me. Felt pretty safe.

So I looted the place nicely, and proceeded into a room to re-arrange my backpack gear. Messed around with inventory for a min or two, and stepped out of the room.

Guy with an axe right there outside the room facing me, I fire my Mosin and miss, fire again, click.

Axe drops right on my neck.

Done.  

Red

I was running through the forest and all the sudden i heard the steps behind me, i freaked out pull out my revolver and tryed to turn around as fast as i can and at that second zombie screaming jumped on me. I screamed like a bitch since it was so loud and pulled the trigger while i am still turning and the zombie catched the bullet in the  mid air and dropped dead. My thought is he was glitched under the ground and when i passed right over him he pop out, but since then i am always checking it my gun is loaded! :D

• Like 1

The first time ever playing on the Mod and I went straight into a night server, must have been near Elektro docks. I turned my torch on and spotted two zombies wandering and hopping nearby moaning away. I crawled into a shed and lay there for 20 mins terrified.  Then peaking out, still prone, I turned my torch on and saw one of those crawling zombies really close and heading my way.

It was 3 in the morning and I made a coffee, I was still so unnerved when I looked outside into the night I actually got a bit freaked out. 

The other one happens quite regularly - I get so absorbed into the game I'm not aware of anything else. Then my cat Stormy comes in and he always headbutts the back of my calf as his way of saying hello - that's had me jumping in the air many times..

The first time I bumped into a player in the standalone entering a building I was looting  Unloaded 30 rounds in his direction killing him. I was still shaking 5 minutes later. The poor sod had a gun but no ammo.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes
  • Like 1

Last night me and my mate were looting 2 bodies we killed in Elektro, after about a minute someone logs in by one of the doors and we both panic and spray him with a dozen rounds, poor sod.

i was looting some buildings in electro and i just walked outside, then there was a guy with an axe running at me, i sprayed my whole mag at him with my M4, i almost shit my self.

Mine was when I was looting the military base near Vybor, I had just done the second barracks and was thinking ok just the jail left and I can move on. As I came out I just caught sight of two fully kitted guys in gas masks and camo sneaking down the side of the building, in my head I heard the MGS alert noise, fight or flight time!

I decided to take them on in the hope that a third wasn't pincering me from the other side I equipped my m4 and engaged the damaged acog I had just found, peeked around the corner to find they had kindly lined up one behind the other. I unloaded a full clip taking them both out, then ran for the hills adrenaline pumping waiting for the crack of rounds to follow, I don't think I stopped running until I hit Zeleno'

I love playing this game as a lone player, every situation is tense when on a busy server and if you manage to take on a squad and survive the elation is unmatched in any game going.

In the mod when I was first time playing and it just happened to be night.

"Hey, torches!" Lit one, throwed on the ground and took in my hands and started to head for the town.

Then literally bumbed into a zombie, then all of them started coming for me. Really didn't come to me that torch may attract them.

Every God damn time one of my friends changes their headgear and promptly runs into the building I am looting ... every time.

The scariest thing...well...NEAF, daytime, military building.

Me and my buddy are upstairs looting - we found our first guns...well pistols. A Magnum, for which we had 3 shots and a FNX with a lot of bullets but no clip. But at least large backpacks...finally.

I turn around - crouching like always when we are somewhere looting - and head for the stairs. BAM, a bullet next to my head in the wall, BAM, another one.(I nearly pissed my pants in that moment. Absolute shocker. Never heared these guys coming or expected them in any way.)

I see a guy with an m4 sitting at the end of the stairs, and at least one more at his side, while i run back.

"Friendly! Friendly!" We state in panic "If you don't shoot we won't shoot as well!" after some moments of silence we hear from downstairs "Ok, Weapons on your back, and go out. Don't try anything funny." We were pretty sure it would be our death, but well...we don't combat log, we play. "Ok, but you too" - "Good., come out. We have a sniper outside, if you try something he'll put you down."

Unarmed (well the empty FNX and the 3-shot magnum in the backpacks^^) we go down - and really all of these guys (4 of them..) have their weapons on their back.With a "Thanks, bye" we run. And run. And this time, we really didn't get shot...

sneaking around in the south west military base at night on a high pop server, when suddenly a proud evangelist screams out the glories of Mucinexnasal decongestant....scared the shit out of me.

a few moments later I realized it was the advertisement on the dayz SA web browser map, which was open in the background...

Where do you live? I only get political advertisements since this year a new president will be elected on my country.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Was in the school building, it was night server, a new spawn suddently climbed up when I was going down, I shat my pants and emptied half of my mag on him, I thought he was a zombie.

I just axed a group of fully geared guys shooting new spawns..i axed the first guy with one hit, the second guy came to bandage him while a third guy was covering, i rushed and chopped the first guy again while the third guy shoot his friend who was bandaging the first guy. I continued chopping them while he was looking me unable to fire cause of the ff :D he run off. after a min i got shot. Glorious if u ask me.

On release day even though I had played the mod for over a year and half not knowing the new control set I also had mix feelings of excitement and anxiety from being insta killed so when I did run into my first real life human being I punched him in the head and stole his backpack and ran away in fear of reprisal shouting. "SORRY"

• Like 1