greyfoxzb@gmail.com

No Vehicles on Servers: Heres the fix

So if you have a heli' date=' you can find other peoples vehicles by like, tabbing?!

[/quote']

it shows vehicles on your screen, ones with passengers and ones without.

I think we need to temporarily remove helicopters from the mod until this radar is sorted so that people don't mass up cars.

Why not just let everyone keep their vehicles, but have new ones respawn every 12 hours with a cap at, say 5 per vehicle.?

Your solution is fucking god-awful, I'm sorry, but it just is.

You're pointing out some things that are unrealistic and you're saying since that's unrealistic we should have more unrealistic things, which doesn't help the realism.

The only problem here is with the helicopter's radar, which is the only thing that needs to be fixed, not the car hoarding problem. I think if it was down-graded to show all vehicles within a short distance of you, not on the whole map, then this whole problem would be fixed. You would be able to find vehicles and whatnot stashed away on the sides of the map, but you wouldn't be able to see every single one on the map.

You're what's turning this game into a hat simulator.

I don't think solution fixes the problem of vehicles which others have states is the off map saving of vehicles. Need a way to force the map boundary.

Destroying everything out of bounds on server reboot, or logout would be a much easier solution to the lack of vehicle problem.

The heli radar explains why I saw a heli flying around the map at night time.

Just to find vehicles and steal peoples shit.

If one group of people owns all the 8 helis, no other players stand a chance.

Radar needs to go, now.

Vehicles should just be removed if saved/empty outside the game area. Then there would be more vehicles camps on map that people can find...even if you do have to search around the edge!

Defo need to remove the heli radar too! That's stupid!!

I kinda like the maintaince idea, so it gets harder to maintain several cars. On the other side a nerfed radar for the Heli would be good.

The radar should be a heat sensitiv one, picking up a running motor. So if a car with a running motor is near by the radar will pick it up.

OR

Remove the Radar entirley or nerf it...BUT every Heli is not found with it. You need to find that ultra rare part and install it into the Heli to activate it.

The only things that need fixing with regards to vehicles is:

a) Offmap saving.

b) Helicopter radar removing.

As somebody who has abused both of the above (and I'll continue to do so until they get changed), they are two factors that - in it's current state, the mod can do without.

Edit: I wouldn't be altogether against having the radar changed to only other helicopters that are currently *airbourne*

so then people hide them barely within the boundaries. they still will sit there for weeks and no new vehicles will be on the map.

This is also very very wrong. I'm not sure about you, but on the server I normally play on (SE6) - people frequently go around the edges of the map looking for shit.

I went around the edge of the map on US 39 a couple of weeks ago, over a period of 2-3 nights. I checked every clearing large enough to place a tent. I found something in the region of 60 tents, 15 or so vehicles. Stole or destroyed all of them. The only thing I didn't find was helicopters, because their speed/altitude makes getting them on/off the map trivial.

If people are restricted to parking vehicles on the map if they wish to save them, then they will not go for weeks without being found.

the only place vehicles are found should not consist of the edges of the map that's fucking stupid.

I'm in the middle of fraps-ing myself running from the spawn to a noted vehicle spawn on the map and then from the spawn to the nearest city. its fucking redic the time it takes to travel without wheels.

They need to reduce save time, they need to kill everyone off the grid and de-spawn all vehicles off the grid.

For sure they need to at least make bicycles spawn in many more places or be able to craft them.

What really needs to happen is the map needs to be locked down so people can't keep going off map to hide tents and vehicles and shit.

No, just no.

Vehicles aren't supposed to be a dime a dozen, if we added crafting a bicycle EVERYONE would make one. If we made the save longer, it would be harder to find vehicles.

It's hilarious how you think making a bicycle is a "simple" easy task that could be done by someone surviving a zombie apocalypse. Perhaps it could.... if you had spare bicycle parts laying around, not fucking scraps of metal. How are you supposed to weld that shit together? Where do you get the chain, bearings, sprockets and other stuff?

Your suggestion is stupid and your approach very whiny. "i'm gonna keep replying until there are more vehicles..." LOL ok.

The vehicle system works great except for chopper radar and hiding outside of the map area.

Chopper radar has to be removed or made a repairable part with a miniscule spawning chance

Vehicles and tents should not be able to be saved off of the map. Attempting to do so would generate an error message similar to placing tents or collecting firewood. If the vehicle is abandoned off of the map need to be set back to original state of disrepair and return it to it's spawn location (see below)

Vehicle spawn locations need to be more random. A group that just had an Ural destroyed would know that they just need to go back to it's original location and reclaim it. Random spots around random towns would be great.

Scavaging parts off of other vehicles, like harvesting wood, could be an option. Need an engine, grab your toolbox and strip out another vehicle.

Finally, not going back and saving your vehicle should be done every 72 hours. That gives people with interests other than playing Dayz the opportunity to go on a weekend trip yet still comeback to find their vehicles intact.