Sign in to follow this  
Egoballer06

Very Random

So the other day my friends and I are sprinting across a field. All of a sudden all our characters freeze in place and we are all slowly spinning around, slowly looking upwards. We all lost total control of our characters and could not even use the escape button to log out. We all had to minimize and close the game through the Task Manager. We log back in and it happens again, this time only to me. Had to do the same thing again to get back into the game/server.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is this a hack or a bug?

Regards,

Ego

It's a bug I believe, log out nice and fast if it happens because you can lose your character :(

Were u ported back to the location where u spawned ?

If yes, it's the rubberbanding issue (the reason why I stopped playing for now) .

When not, i don't have an explaination  for that o.O

Edited by Gaint

Just like what Gaint said, it's rubber banding but the main cause most of the time is for Turbo sprinting. Although it can happen even without sprinting .

• Like 1

It's not rubberbanding, rubberbanding doesn't cause you to stick in place with the screen slowly rotating. It's another bug.

• Like 2

It's not rubberbanding, rubberbanding doesn't cause you to stick in place with the screen slowly rotating. It's another bug.

That's the clue...

.-. Well, damn then what is it called? X3 Also, with that bug though your not able to quit or do anything. ;-; I was pretty sure it was rubberbanding.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

That's the clue...

Could you please stop writing in blue? It's very hard to read like that :(

• Like 4

Happens when you sprint for a long time. It's up there on my list of most annoying bugs, along with ladders, and general desync issues.

• Like 1

Happens when you're running with your fists up. What I do now to avoid this bug is to keep my gun on my hands at all times.

Happens when you sprint for a long time. It's up there on my list of most annoying bugs, along with ladders, and general desync issues.

Ladders are not bugs, but evil beings.

Edited by Gugolas

I ran from Kamishovo to Elektro 3 times yesterday. Each time, as soon as I got into Elektro, my screen would suddenly cut back to kamishovo, my guy would be frozen and I couldnt not do anything, no ESC or anything. Have to CNTRL+ALT+DLT to get out.

After I ran back for the THIRD time, it did it again and I said "f*ck this" and logged out.. it was late and I was running back to elektro to try and get my stuff back after being ambushed. My friend had killed the attackers and was guarding my body.

Ive encountered this a few times and all I can do is alt-F4

It happens to me when Im running long distances with my fists up.

Running with your fists up makes you run faster and I think the game glitches out from it somehow, because when Im aware of it and stop every so often or don't run with my fists up, it stops happening.

It is rubberbanding... Rubberbanding in DayZ is this: Running, suddenly get teleported back to an earlier position while not being able to move and your character may or may not be spinning. Happened to me enough times.

This is rubber banding: 

It is a different issue because when this bug occurs after sprinting for a while, you can not do anything but Ctrl Alt Delete. 

This has totally happened to me before.  And remember you're good old Alt+F4.  That'll close the program right away, so you don't have to slowly open task manager and find it to close it.