RedAscendant

Spawn with friends

I have 2 suggestions to eliminate great frustration for beginning or respawning players who would like to kick off their adventure with their friends.

There has probably been an idea-pool around this but I'm suggesting it anyway for a possible fast implementation

1. Something possibly easy to implement could be to type in a code before spawning, which calculates a certain position for you to spawn. Then if a friend wishes to spawn together with you, he also types in the code and bam, you're immediately together and ready for an adventure!

This calculation could of course be limited within the spawnable areas to avoid abuse (like looking for a spawncode at a military base)

You could also put in the calculation a number that changes every 30 minutes or so, so when the same code is used after this time, the position will still be different.

I think this solution is something nice to have in alpha/beta phase.

2. Spawning rooms. more clean/proper way of spawning for future implemenation. You make a spawning room where your friends can join in (as in creating a 'party'). Hit the spawn button when ready and bam, you spawn in group.

What do you think?

• Like 1

I highly doubt that they would make that happen :/

They work based on providing as much realism as possible.

What we can suggest though is,if your friend hs a radio-walkie talkie and you have one,there should be

an option command like -give position coordinates,once your friend accepts,a message with the player coordinates will show,and you should be able to find it with your map and track down you friend.

REspawning together with a friend is something rocket is thinking about. He said that in one of his Q&A streams a couple months back. 

Spawning ON a friend is not. Obviously. 

Edited by phoboss

There's nothing unrealistic about gaining your consciousness back alongside a homie..

They work based on providing as much realism as possible.

REspawning together with a friend is something rocket is thinking about. He said that in one of his Q&A streams a couple months back. 

I think it´s no fun seeing groups of 15 people REspawning.

Vote for "No work, no benefits."

• Like 1

I think it´s no fun seeing groups of 15 people REspawning.

Vote for "No work, no benefits."

You might see it that way, but the majority thinks its even less fun having to find your friends for 2 hours if all you want is to play together for a little while. 

Besides what you're describing will never happen. He specifically said that he would only allow this if you're all dead at the same time. So when do you ever see groups of 15 people dying together and then respawning.  

Besides what you're describing will never happen. He specifically said that he would only allow this if you're all dead at the same time. So when do you ever see groups of 15 people dying together and then respawning.  

True.

But I don´t like the idea. It´s part of the game meeting each other. The disadvantages to die should not be minimized.

True.

But I don´t like the idea. It´s part of the game meeting each other. The disadvantages to die should not be minimized.

I agree. I've played since the mod first came out and so have most of my friends. So we kinda adapted to this game mechanic. As with most veteran players, you can pretty much drop me anywhere on the map and I will find my way to the place I want to go without a map or a compass. 

But you also have to think about the new players. And for them it is very frustrating to find each other. And many people play games to play them with their friends. DayZ makes this overly complicated/hard for new players. 

Edited by phoboss

Part of the challenge of the early game is the sense of loneliness and isolation which comes from spawning alone.

Those first grueling hours trying to find your first drink and bite to eat while trying to find your friends can be some of the most challenging and stressful in the game.

Spawning with friends gives you a sense of safety and comfort. Two things that don't belong anywhere near DayZ zero hour in my opinion. Downbeans!

• Like 1

I very well understand this side of the story.

It's not that I underestimate the effect of the roughness in the game,

the isolated start is something we have all experienced and it has a very unique taste and feel to it.

I'm kinda getting double feelings about it. I suppose the decision for this lies better in the developper's hands

Part of the challenge of the early game is the sense of loneliness and isolation which comes from spawning alone.

Those first grueling hours trying to find your first drink and bite to eat while trying to find your friends can be some of the most challenging and stressful in the game.

Spawning with friends gives you a sense of safety and comfort. Two things that don't belong anywhere near DayZ zero hour in my opinion. Downbeans!

Edited by RedAscendant

You give a game with limited voice and text communication distance, that is good and part of the immersion.  But when I spawn with a friend brand new into this game, I am forced to use external voice communications, and external maps, essentially Metagaming just to even participate with my friend, and that removes a huge portion of the immersion, simply because I do not play this game to play alone.

Please consider this, that not all of us know the map like the back of our hands, and all we want to do is wander around lost with a best friend in real life, maybe find a piece of loot here or there.

I don't want to be on skype with him, with a DayZ map on my second monitor.  I shouldn't have to metagame to even play this game in a multiplayer fashion.

I think players would be much more open to playing DayZ if they were able to join in a server close enough together.

I remember playing DayZ for an hour with my brother. We ended up getting bored and leaving the game because we felt we were wasting our time finding each other in a virtual world. We could have been looting together and having fun if we spawned near each other in the first place.

Edited by DayZ-Reporter
  • Like 1

Spawning ON a friend I think is a bad idea.

Spawn limit for groups yes. 2, 3 maybe 4 can spawn.

Spawning within a 1000m radius I think is a much better idea. It would stop the possible abuse.. 

"Hey, spawn on me - I see some bandits, I'm dying etc etc". If people spawned within a radius of their friends, they'd still need to figure out roughly where to go. By that time, the bandits / battle should be over. 

Spawning ON a friend I think is a bad idea.

Spawn limit for groups yes. 2, 3 maybe 4 can spawn.

Spawning within a 1000m radius I think is a much better idea. It would stop the possible abuse.. 

"Hey, spawn on me - I see some bandits, I'm dying etc etc". If people spawned within a radius of their friends, they'd still need to figure out roughly where to go. By that time, the bandits / battle should be over.

Totally agree! I would add also that this is only available in certain areas to avoid things like 'i've been trapped at the airfield. Come on friends. Join in and help me out! ' I also would reduce it to only two players that can join tötete (and only at respawning)

I think that there should be an inner friend system where you can recognize a friend with an icon or something above their heads and also get an option on the menu where you can spawn "near" your friend...not in the same place, but near, so you don't have to go running for an hour to meet him...although there's a high possibility for everyone to go NWAF or Balota and spawn their friends there and well...you know what would happen

I just want to make clear that the suggestion I have made involves A FRESH SPAWN FOR THE ENTIRE GROUP.

Im not crazy enough to suggest you can spawn to your heavy geared mate in Balota, thats madness.

Im talking about being together when the zombie apocalypse happened and from there on you can find your way, starting the journey together.

Edited by RedAscendant

>Learn Map

>Spawn

>Look at nearest city

>Oh im here

>Tell friend

>Meet up

>???

>Profit.

Seriously, this map is tiny once you REALLY get to know it.

• Like 1

how about this! you could spawn on a friend but only one time and only one time per server . example: you call your friends one of your friends loggs into a server, the others spawn on him or near him, once its done you cant do it again in that server so if you die you respawn at the bambi locations as usual. 

i think imo that yes there should be some sort of way to start the game w/ your friendbut, this must be very limited so to avoid abuse 

I like the idea of spawning with a friend. in fact, came here to post that very suggestion. If both you and your friend fresh-spawn together, it would make it so much easier to join up, with no advantage other than not spending 30 minutes jumping off the same factory to get a spawn closer to your friend.

Inviting a friend to play with me should not entail 30 minutes of jogging just to start looking for gear together.

I like the idea of spawning with a friend. in fact, came here to post that very suggestion. If both you and your friend fresh-spawn together, it would make it so much easier to join up, with no advantage other than not spending 30 minutes jumping off the same factory to get a spawn closer to your friend.

Inviting a friend to play with me should not entail 30 minutes of jogging just to start looking for gear together.

I can see where this would be nice for people that play together but in my own opinion finding my friends is have the fun. Also there would have to be some way to hinder it a bit because you don't want a clan of 30 people spawning all in the same spot at one.

Can't say I ever have any trouble meeting up with my mates in game.

• Like 1