Sign in to follow this  
King of kong

Dreary Environment + More Blood To Stain the Dreary Environment + Some more crap

As of no. Chernarus is an extremely sunny country, it's almost always sunny and bright and cheerful. I think that should change. It needs to feel bleak, it needs to be a desolate land here only the strong can survive.

-Frosty mornings. Get this all the time in Ireland, not nice, believe me. Frozen car windshields, door hinges frozen, crunchy grass, and frozen car doors. 

-Less sun, more rain. Seriously, why is it sunny 24/7. It should be cloudy with mild drizzly rain with a chance of meatballs, too.

-More blood. The blood should stain the gray cold landscape. The only bit of colour in this grey world.

-More bloody zombies. Bloody shirts. Bloody hands. Bloody mouths. Bloody arses. Joking 'bout the last one.

-Lightning Storms. Thunder aswell. Would be especially cool at night in the rain.

-Tents. Can be sat in to avoid dampness and rest. Can also trap heat from campfires on cold dayZ.

-No more Chernarussian Army loot in the same place as UK and US army loot, please. I highly doubt they'd all be bunked in the same barracks.

-More backpacks. Soldiers shouldn't be using bright hiking packs.

-Fix Ushanka and Kevlar Helmet clipping into Gasmask.

-Soviet GP-5 Gasmask.

-Military Blockades in Cities.

-Chernarussian Army Gear. With Chernarus Flag as patch.

-Less of the M4s.

-British DPM camo clothes. And Multicam. Why have British vests without uniforms?

-US Digital Pattern camo.

-More Spawns For Press Vest and Stab Vest

-Less rotten fruit. There are 12 rotten 'nanners in a hospital, are you shitting me. 

-Put food on shelves rather than unopened cans of food lying on stoves.

-Police Riot Gear, Baton, pepper spray, handheld loudspeaker for long distance chat.

-Planes. MI-17. AN-2. C130J. Glider. 

-Chernarussian Soldier Zombies.

-Faster and tougher zombies. No more slowing down to walking pace when close up to you. They should brutally rush you and tackle you. 

-Item degredation should actually be a problem. Right now it's just a big "fuck you" to people with OCD, like me.

-Better animations. Why does my guy move and use weapons like someone who's had military experience.

-WHERES MY GODDAMN CHOLERA? YOU'RE GONNA NEED A CHOLERA-AHEM, COLLAR TO HOLD ME IN IF YOU DN'T MAKE IT MEAN SOMETHING

YES I KNOW IT'S A GODDAMN ALPHA.

Edited by King of kong
  • Like 2

Do you by any chance have your nails painted black, tell everyone you're misunderstood, and scream at your parents and tell them you hate them when they tell you to turn your metal music down OP?

the first few suggestions were good then suddenly 20 pretty silly and over the top requests :P

also:

More backpacks. Soldiers shouldn't be using bright hiking packs.

Better animations. Why does my guy move and use weapons like someone who's had military experience.

make up your mind :P

While "bad" weather certailny is cool and fits in, there is nothing wrong with the sunny days. It can be just as sinister. Many zombie movies use exactly that type of setting and it's awesome.

It reminds you, in a way, that it used to be a "normal" world, set in "normal" times and yet now it's all fucked. The connection between "then" and "now" is very important, for the stronger effect.

If it's all post-apocalyptic it loses it's charm.

While "bad" weather certailny is cool and fits in, there is nothing wrong with the sunny days. It can be just as sinister. Many zombie movies use exactly that type of setting and it's awesome.

It reminds you, in a way, that it used to be a "normal" world, set in "normal" times and yet now it's all fucked. The connection between "then" and "now" is very important, for the stronger effect.

If it's all post-apocalyptic it loses it's charm.

But still, I have never seen it rain in dayZ.

Every second or so day should be rain.

Over here we get rain 2/3 days.

I've been picking blueberries almost a whole week now and only 2 days have been dry enough in the middle of Summer.

I'm not in Chernarus though, but I imagine from the similar foliage that the weather should be pretty similar.

• Like 1

Got to disagree somewhat with C130 and say if I wanted a transport plane atleast make it feel chernarussiany.

The An 2 is a fine transport.

But still, I have never seen it rain in dayZ.

Every second or so day should be rain.

Over here we get rain 2/3 days.

I've been picking blueberries almost a whole week now and only 2 days have been dry enough in the middle of Summer.

I'm not in Chernarus though, but I imagine from the similar foliage that the weather should be pretty similar.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for diversity. I love the rain IRL so I'd love to see it in the few remaining days of life we have in DayZ. Just don't make it rain all the time. Or sunny all the time. Or snow all the time. Or foggy all the time. Or hot brunettes freshly made zombies chasing me into the apartment building with some beds still in one piece all the time. Wait, the last one can do. I just need a pair of socks to stuff their mouth so that they don't bite.

While at it, will sex with a zombiestitute make me infected? :huh:

• Like 1

Do you by any chance have your nails painted black, tell everyone you're misunderstood, and scream at your parents and tell them you hate them when they tell you to turn your metal music down OP?

Your input is almost never constructive.

On topic :  He's just suggesting ways to make the map seem bleaker (to begin with) which I think it needs, it dosnt feel enough like the end of the world atm imo.  

On topic :  He's just suggesting ways to make the map seem bleaker (to begin with) which I think it needs, it dosnt feel enough like the end of the world atm imo.  

Well, yeah. I agree, to a good extent. Just dont disqualify a nice, warm, sunny day as something that has no place in DayZ because it sure as hell does. But I see your point, and I agree that we need "apocalipsier" feel to it.

Well, yeah. I agree, to a good extent. Just dont disqualify a nice, warm, sunny day as something that has no place in DayZ because it sure as hell does. But I see your point, and I agree that we need "apocalipsier" feel to it.

Yeah Im not saying the weather should be crappy ALL the time cus that wouldnt be authentic either. I guess it'll change alot when they implement the weather system. 

its not sunny 24/7 by the way, good ideas anyway

Edited by DMentMan

On topic : He's just suggesting ways to make the map seem bleaker (to begin with) which I think it needs, it dosnt feel enough like the end of the world atm imo.

I know right?

As of no. Chernarus is an extremely sunny country, it's almost always sunny and bright and cheerful. I think that should change. It needs to feel bleak, it needs to be a desolate land here only the strong can survive.

-Frosty mornings. Get this all the time in Ireland, not nice, believe me. Frozen car windshields, door hinges frozen, crunchy grass, and frozen car doors. 

Yeah I'd like that

-Less sun, more rain. Seriously, why is it sunny 24/7. It should be cloudy with mild drizzly rain with a chance of meatballs, too.

Eh, not so much. I don't think the apocalypse has much effect on the sun and clouds. If anything it would be better because there are no power plants emitting pollution in the air.

-More blood. The blood should stain the gray cold landscape. The only bit of colour in this grey world.

Yes. Blood on the ground, trails on the ground, trails of bullet holes that suddenly end with blood around it, people on the ground with the word 'предатель; (traitor) written on them.

-More bloody zombies. Bloody shirts. Bloody hands. Bloody mouths. Bloody arses. Joking 'bout the last one.

Yes. Maybe even some flesh in their mouths?

-Lightning Storms. Thunder aswell. Would be especially cool at night in the rain.

Yes.

-Tents. Can be sat in to avoid dampness and rest. Can also trap heat from campfires on cold dayZ.

Yes.

-No more Chernarussian Army loot in the same place as UK and US army loot, please. I highly doubt they'd all be bunked in the same barracks.

Yes.

Yes. Sports backpacks. School backpacks, duffell bags, gym bags, hell, even fanny packs!

Yes. I have a gasmask and a ballistic helmet now and it looks weird.

-Soviet GP-5 Gasmask.

Not just this one, but many more gasmasks.

Yes.

Yes.

-Less of the M4s.

That would be because there is only 2 primary weapons currently in the game, Mosin and M4A1. Once there is shotguns, machine guns, sub machine guns...there will be less M4s.

-British DPM camo clothes. And Multicam. Why have British vests without uniforms?

Why have UK clothing in Chernarus at all? If they are to include UK / US clothing, please make it as rare as possible, its a Russian state, not a US one.

^^^

Yes.

-Less rotten fruit. There are 12 rotten 'nanners in a hospital, are you shitting me. 

Yes. I would also like to be able to find wild fruit (berries, apples etc). Perhaps you could find an 'Outdoorsman's  Handbook' which identifies poisonous and non-poisonous fruits?

Yes, but I kind of like the food on the floor, so much commotion to take the last food and drinks, stuff knocked on the floor...

-Police Riot Gear, Baton, pepper spray, handheld loudspeaker for long distance chat.

Yes.

No. No C-130s for the love of god. Mi-17s maybe, but they should be extremely rare, and impossible to fly without using the correct way to fly the thing. Perhaps add a manual that can be found at airports that says how to operate a Mi-17? But something like DCS or FlightGear if you've ever played it. Flip the proper switches, move the throttle to the right position...

As long as they're not armed with AK-47s. Body armor that could withstand maybe 2 or 3 fire axe strikes would be OK.

-Faster and tougher zombies. No more slowing down to walking pace when close up to you. They should brutally rush you and tackle you. 

Eh. I agree and disagree. I don't want them as fast as a player, but maybe a small % that one that is really fast and really strong could spawn. I don't want to have to run for 7 hours with a horder of zombies running next to me. They should be dumber, but deadly if you cross them.

-Item degredation should actually be a problem. Right now it's just a big "fuck you" to people with OCD, like me.

Alpha.

-Better animations. Why does my guy move and use weapons like someone who's had military experience.

I would like to see better melee. Because right now its a clunky, choppy mess. The crosshair doesn't work at all for melee weapons, and I find myself being swung around and bitchslapped alot because I can't fight properly.

-WHERES MY GODDAMN CHOLERA? YOU'RE GONNA NEED A CHOLERA-AHEM, COLLAR TO HOLD ME IN IF YOU DN'T MAKE IT MEAN SOMETHING

Alpha. Aren't you happy with getting diseases from eating rotten kiwis? Although, I hear rockets vag is pretty nasty.

• Like 1

Got to disagree somewhat with C130 and say if I wanted a transport plane atleast make it feel chernarussiany.

The An 2 is a fine transport.

The Americans were in Chernars, see the M4s and US gear? They must have flown in somehow. I'd love to see some old soviet transport aircraft too, though.

Anyway, ElfCakes, I meant that there shouldn't be hiking packs in army bases cause' soldiers generally don't use them.

Yeah I'd like that

Eh, not so much. I don't think the apocalypse has much effect on the sun and clouds. If anything it would be better because there are no power plants emitting pollution in the air.

Yes. Blood on the ground, trails on the ground, trails of bullet holes that suddenly end with blood around it, people on the ground with the word 'предатель; (traitor) written on them.

Yes. Maybe even some flesh in their mouths?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. Sports backpacks. School backpacks, duffell bags, gym bags, hell, even fanny packs!

Yes. I have a gasmask and a ballistic helmet now and it looks weird.

-Soviet GP-5 Gasmask.

Not just this one, but many more gasmasks.

Yes.

Yes.

-Less of the M4s.

That would be because there is only 2 primary weapons currently in the game, Mosin and M4A1. Once there is shotguns, machine guns, sub machine guns...there will be less M4s.

Why have UK clothing in Chernarus at all? If they are to include UK / US clothing, please make it as rare as possible, its a Russian state, not a US one.

^^^

Yes.

Yes. I would also like to be able to find wild fruit (berries, apples etc). Perhaps you could find an 'Outdoorsman's  Handbook' which identifies poisonous and non-poisonous fruits?

Yes, but I kind of like the food on the floor, so much commotion to take the last food and drinks, stuff knocked on the floor...

Yes.

No. No C-130s for the love of god. Mi-17s maybe, but they should be extremely rare, and impossible to fly without using the correct way to fly the thing. Perhaps add a manual that can be found at airports that says how to operate a Mi-17? But something like DCS or FlightGear if you've ever played it. Flip the proper switches, move the throttle to the right position...

As long as they're not armed with AK-47s. Body armor that could withstand maybe 2 or 3 fire axe strikes would be OK.

Eh. I agree and disagree. I don't want them as fast as a player, but maybe a small % that one that is really fast and really strong could spawn. I don't want to have to run for 7 hours with a horder of zombies running next to me. They should be dumber, but deadly if you cross them.

Alpha.

I would like to see better melee. Because right now its a clunky, choppy mess. The crosshair doesn't work at all for melee weapons, and I find myself being swung around and bitchslapped alot because I can't fight properly.

Alpha. Aren't you happy with getting diseases from eating rotten kiwis? Although, I hear rockets vag is pretty nasty.

It's not a Russian State at all, it's an ex-soviet Republic, not governed by Russia's government. And NATO were involved at some point, indicated by the foreign gear.

I

The Americans were in Chernars, see the M4s and US gear? They must have flown in somehow. I'd love to see some old soviet transport aircraft too, though.

Anyway, ElfCakes, I meant that there shouldn't be hiking packs in army bases cause' soldiers generally don't use them.

I would like to see hiking packs be a special spawn.

Have natural caves and camps spawn this rare and helpful gear.

Things like hiking boots weatherproof clothing and gas powered stuff should also have an increased rate of spawning.

• Like 1