King of kong

These Vehicles And Clothing - Lore Friendly Suggestion

I Understand It's Alpha before you get on the bus about it!

I would like to see these vehicles and gear in DayZ SA. Why? 'Cause they would be fairly nice, I suppose?

An Assortment of Old Soviet Camo And Weapons. RPK, RPG, Etc. Used by the Chernarussian Movement of The Red Star (Chedaki, ChDKZ)

ChDKZ.png

The ChDKZ  unsuprisingly has no set uniform, although they do have relatively good supplies of ex-soviet camoflague patterns and have recently suceeded in obtaining quantities of the russian 'Urban Reed'  pattern. Additionally, the occasional Ex-NATO pattern turns, usually bought from army surplus suppliers. Webbing is a similarly adhoc affair. Most fighters wear red patches on their upper shoulders to differentiate themselves from irregular fighters from NaPa and the CMB. 

chdkzvsh.png

Vehicles Types & Camo: As a general comment, vehicles are often ex-CDF (although some vehiclesh ave been bought of the blck market, these are often old and generally in short supply), with additional 'spray-can' camo and redm arkings to destinguish their new ownership. A black circle with containing a red star, the ChDKZ 'emblem' and red stars with out surroundings are comonly used, as is a red cross over the turret. The use of improvised vehicles by the ChDKZ has also been reported

Chernarus Defence Force (CDF)

Chernarussian Flag

chernarusflag.png

New Style CDF Uniform

ssfgrtrgyty.png

The uniform was introduced to replace the older soviet-era fatigues which Chernarus had been using post independance, and which for many are strongly associated with the Civil war. Currently based on the Swiss alpenflage, the camo does works well enough in Chernarus' varied terrain, however plans are afoot to introduce an alternative scheme, based primarily on browns, but this is still at the design/acceptance stage. 

cdf.png

Vehicle Types

cdfveh.png

NaPa: Nationalist Party of Chernarus

napabadge.png

Napa.png

NaPa have limited supply chains, and whilst the ChDKZ can atleast put the vast majority of it's fighters into the field in some sort of camo gear, NaPa lag behind. Fighters wear what ever they can get hold of - often army surplus from neighbouring countries - and make up the rest with civillian gear. The main identifying features of NaPa guerillas is their prefernce for face coverings to preserve anonimity when they return to their day jobs. The same limited supply lines apply to NaPa's armamaents, and as such a much wider mix of small arms is seen compared to some of the other Milita groups operating in South Zagoria. 

Vehicle Types:

napavehs.png

The T-34 shown in the picture was 'liberated' from a museum, but NaPa are known to have several which they have reconditioned from various monuments. NaPa's infrastructral limitations have enforced a more covert level of work, and their limited AFV resources match this. 

If you want tanks in DayZ, you are playing the wrong game :/

I think they're adding an M1 Abrahms. Found it in config files. Personally I prefer the military jeeps and trucks tbh. But it would be nice to see an APC with no weaponry on it just for safety

Edited by King of kong
  • Like 2

I think they're adding an M1 Abrahms. Found it in config files. Personally I prefer the military jeeps and trucks tbh. But it would be nice to see an APC with no weaponry on it just for safety

If the game goes in that direction, I'll go back to the mod.

That said, I'm fine with them being in the game files for future modding and private servers use. 

• Like 3

If we see that I would want it to be counter able, or else you would get a squad of invulnerable people running people geared top to tail over and then stealing their loot.

That's the problem, anything even remotely safe/ powerful needs to be counterable, at which point you have RPG's spawning a little too often, I think it is too early to say what sort of vehicles we should get, but anything without guns and with light enough armour is pretty safe.

I wouldn't like to put anything out of the picture but I think AA guns and stuff would definitely be silly considering there are no attack helicopters.

If we do get anything with a mounted gun, it should have very rare ammo anyway.

Makerov is all good :)

SVD and all the assault rifles/ carbines are fine to be rare.

The PKM though, needs to be very rare.

Balaclavas would be awesome.

If you REALLY want armoured up vehicles you should try some normal Arma 2/ Arma 3, both very good games on their own.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 1

ArmA 2 is that way --->

I like the military camo ideas, but seriously? Tanks? No. Just no.

Technicals, MAYBE. Maybe. If the ammo is rarer than hairs on a fish.

If the game goes in that direction, I'll go back to the mod.

That said, I'm fine with them being in the game files for future modding and private servers use.

Would prefer a T-72
  • Like 1

My only wish is a pick up truck with machine gun mounted. Pretty common in war torn African states.

• Like 1

My only wish is a pick up truck with machine gun mounted. Pretty common in war torn African states.

If only this was in Africa XD

If only this was in Africa XD

How hard is it to attach a machinegun to a pickup truck? Would be epic to wreck shit.

• Like 1

How hard is it to attach a machinegun to a pickup truck? Would be epic to wreck shit.

In the mod there were little pickup trucks with PKMs

I'm not a fan of tanks myself.

So these were just 'lore' friendly and not gameplay friendly.

I can understand that, they should be the often wrecked beyond repair vehicles we see instead of the Humvees in the mod.

I'm all for the possibility to modify your vehicle to the point it could be almost on par with a military jeep.

Of course it should have its downfalls such as very small FOV and only small metal slits.

A perfectly aimed shot can go through the slit :) there should be scrap metal, some of this would be certain thicknesses of steel.

Most could probably stop .22 or 9mm, enough thickness should stop 5.56 even more should stop 7.62

More weight = go slower, less acceleration and more fuel consumption.

Easiest modifications should be filling tires with a material like gravel/ sand or something lighter to have run flats/ improvised bulletproof tires (hold out for a good 30 mins of driving after shot).

Any light zombie proofing like chicken wire over all the windows.

Some sort of cow catcher that forces zombies to go under your vehicle is needed in my opinion, hitting something in a car should often have it going over the bonnet and into your windscreen, making driving very difficult on first person only.

Any gun you can find should be somehow mountable, maybe you could rig something up with the bipod mount and the wheel off a trolley/ jack to create a sort of all direction ball joint to stick your gun on.

Fit offroad tires to make those civilian cars more all round?

I would like to see in vehicle shooting and moving around while seated.

For boats I would really like to see the ability to stand up and walk around on it a bit of piracy in the water as you run off your boat onto someones freshly crippled boat, gun many down and then run in with an oar.

• Like 1

Besides the tanks, i would love to see the CDF equipment in. Maybe the insurgent stuff could be found in houses.

But full-fledged tanks, no.

My ideal would be the BrdM-2 (Hq) from arma. This had no turret, but a limited-traverse PKM above the passenger seat. As a further, nerf, make the tires weaker and the bullet-proof glass breakable. 

At most, a T-34 with no ammo for the main gun, but a coaxile DT and a hull-mounted DT. The drivers hatch should be missing and the turn speed of the turret should be low.

Some technicals, like pickups with Dushka's or PKMs should definitely be in.

What your all forgetting is once flares are in, we can make explosives with flares and gas canisters, so light armor wouldn't be to OP.

• Like 1

If you want tanks in DayZ, you are playing the wrong game :/

And why is that? Everybody is obsessed with realism, so why is it "unrealistic" to find a tank? Its a zombie apocalypse not an alien invasion. Zombies don't destroy all the military gear. The soldiers died, but what happened to the tanks they used? 

• Like 3

And why is that? Everybody is obsessed with realism, so why is it "unrealistic" to find a tank? Its a zombie apocalypse not an alien invasion. Zombies don't destroy all the military gear. The soldiers died, but what happened to the tanks they used? 

From a "realism" perspective, I see no reason why tanks shouldn't be in the game. But from a gameplay perspective, it would be horrible and broken.

• Like 1

From a "realism" perspective, I see no reason why tanks shouldn't be in the game. But from a gameplay perspective, it would be horrible and broken.

Well you could make them ridiculously hard to repair/maintain. But that's besides the point. I was simply arguing in a matter almost everybody on this board does. Every suggestion someone makes gets broken down to realism. If its realistic and has a connection to real life, its a good idea, if not, its a bad idea. So long story short. Tanks suddenly disappearing in a zombie apocalypse is totally unrealistic! So at least in military bases there should be a couple standing around. I mean you can see wrecks of them everywhere. So from a realism point of view, they should be fixable. (ridiculously hard to do of course).

Edited by phoboss

i am a fan of this list minus the tanks, apc w/o wep would be fine or even just a lmg version( with exposed gunner)

• Like 1

i am a fan of this list minus the tanks, apc w/o wep would be fine or even just a lmg version( with exposed gunner)

For vehicle guns I really wanna see them be turned out all the time in dayZ.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 'duck' option though, however this would mean you are blindfiring if you choose to do so.

It should be along the lines of impossible to fix though.

Wouldn't mind it being tracked either, keep it all mixed up.

• Like 1

For vehicle guns I really wanna see them be turned out all the time in dayZ.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 'duck' option though, however this would mean you are blindfiring if you choose to do so.

It should be along the lines of impossible to fix though.

Wouldn't mind it being tracked either, keep it all mixed up.

A  amphibious apc along the lines of a BTR 50 would fit in nicely. 

BTR-50-latrun-1-2.jpg

i wouldn't mind tanks as long as their fuel consumption, speed an mainly crazy ammo rarity make them somehow static (good for town defense only once base building/town barricading  is deployed?), they would be crazy rare and impossibly hard to repair/maintain + you would need whole crew to be able to operate that thing somehow efficiently + no 3rd person view once in vehicle

+ there where is tank moving there's LOT of noise (you wont surprise anyone)thus zeds swarming around and you don't want to end up in tank without ammo and fuel being swarmed by them (sadly this could be exploitable though)

Edited by per2