Sign in to follow this  
mjf6866

can 2 PC's in the same house use the same copy of DayZ?

i have two desktop PCs in my house and figured i'd try to get the 2nd one capable of playing dayz so my brother can come over and play with me.  is this possible?  i installed the game on both, but will my brother need a login for steam because it doesnt look like it will let me sign in on both PCs at the same time under my login.  this leads me to the next question...if i was able to play with both online at the same time, should there be any problems getting onto the same server being that we are both under the same router IP address?  wasnt sure if that would be looked at as a possible hacker to the server or anything.

thanks in advance!

no you can't. you need to be on steam, and you can't be on steam on 2 different PCs and have them both be online.

so, no. you need to buy a second copy.

Edited by Chompster

You can have it on 2 separate STEAM running computers (with the same account) but you wont be able to play them both at the same time as they will have the same GUID.  And I wouldn't recommend connecting with one and then trying the other to see if it works because you could find yourself global banned by Battleeye.

In fact can you even load 2 lots of the same Steam Account at once?

Edited by =FOX= Damocles

Unfortunatly Steam can only be online 1 place at a time, and since you need Steam online to play DayZ online, it isnt possible.
As mentioned by others, your only option is 2x Steam account and 2x DayZ :)

As of right now, you might be able to join a server with 2 of the same account, but that will be "fixed" later on.
In Arma 2/3 servers can kick duplicate, which means only one account can play at any given time :)

Edited by Byrgesen