Sign in to follow this  
Mos1ey

T3N RDS vs. M68 CompM2 (Optics)

Is there actually any difference between these two optics beyond aesthetics?

I've noticed that both zero to 50, 100, 200, 300 and 400m and have the same magnification (1x, I believe).

Just wondering if anyone knew of any differences between the two?

T3N RDS

5DJBHqe.jpg

M68 CompM2

ivteSKA.jpg

Edited by Mos1ey

I checked the day z wikki and there seems to be no difference at all, only visuals :S

Aesthetics seem to be it. I'm sure at some point they'll differ in some way or another but right now beyond the model differences I doubt there are any.

Functional, there is no difference.

The T3N has much better overview imho. 

The M68 is battery powered, but that doesn't seem to be an issue right now.

Interesting. So the T3N RDS doesn't require batteries then?

Functional, there is no difference.

The T3N has much better overview imho. 

The M68 actually gives you a slightly wider field of view while aiming through it but I definitely prefer the aesthetics of the T3N and if it won't require batteries in later versions of DayZ then that's definitely a plus.

Not noticed a difference yet .. though i have also yet to find a T3N which isn't damaged.

Interesting. So the T3N RDS doesn't require batteries then?

The M68 actually gives you a slightly wider field of view while aiming through it but I definitely prefer the aesthetics of the T3N and if it won't require batteries in later versions of DayZ then that's definitely a plus.

Lol it does .. there are a few solar illuminated red dots out there but the T3N isn't one fo them.

Not noticed a difference yet .. though i have also yet to find a T3N which isn't damaged.

Found that pristine T3N RDS this morning. I wasn't actually aware that there were two 1x optics in the game until then, so I guess I'm yet to see one that isn't pristine. xD

Lol it does .. there are a few solar illuminated red dots out there but the T3N isn't one fo them.

Humph, I'll just stick to the T3N anyway because it's pretty. ^_^

both useless since the m4 suddenly has become inaccurate as hell...

It's working fine for me but thanks for your input...

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

Found that pristine T3N RDS this morning. I wasn't actually aware that there were two 1x optics in the game until then, so I guess I'm yet to see one that isn't pristine. xD

Ahhah one day i shall have one! ;D

Oh yeah you're right, hadn't noticed that before. 

The difference between the T3N RDS and the M68 CompM2 is the M68 is compatible with all night vision devices,  So once night vision is introduced to the game then this will be the sight of choice for obvious reasons 

• Like 2

Yup, the difference is that the dot in the T3N wont be visible through NV-googles.

Edited by Wh1spY

The M68 is battery powered, but that doesn't seem to be an issue right now.

ohh that's why, I believe both have the option if you r-click them to "turn on" but doesn't do anything? I have been out looking for a battery to test this.

I seem to find three to four sights whenever I loot military areas like Balota, most of them damaged to pristine. I've only ever found a few badly damaged sights. I guess I'm just somewhat lucky?

On the sights, with the T3N I've found it seems to put shots slightly to the left like the mosin at longer distances, even when pristine and seemingly with no problems. (Distances over 300, usually.) And with the M68 I haven't had that problem.

Edited by Knyghtfalcon

There seem to be no real differences other than aesthetically as of right now.  I prefer the look of the T3N since the knobs are at the bottom of the sight.  Also, you can insert a battery into the T3N sight and when you right click it there is an option to "Turn on".  It won't actually turn on, but IRL the T3N sight does have moderate night vision.

Therefore, in future updates of the game, the T3N RDS "should" have a night vision option that you can turn on once you have attached a battery!