Takish

Misdirect zombie to animals

I have no clue if this has been suggested yet. But yeah today i was running away (in the open) from a zombie without any gear for quite some time.

During my flee i noticed a cow, i was thinking hmm maybe if i ran towards it, the zombie might aggro it instead of me.

Well it didn't. So as a suggestion what do you think?

Ps: Infected meat

It is probably very hard to implement, but it would be a nice feature!

Please do post the pros and cons bout this suggestion.

Sounds like quite a good idea. I don't know how hard it would be to implement but yeah, like Copgun said above the meat would then be infected.

Maybe infected animals behave differently? And then players must distinguish infected animals from normal ones or run the risk of eating infected meat.

Sounds good to me, it may never happen but it's a good idea.

I was thinking this same thing last night as I was running screaming in a slalom course of desperation between a couple of sheep with a huge train of ravenous infected behind me.

Did they stop and tear apart the docile and rather stupid stationary lamb chop vendors......No!

A good Idea from Takish, and a good suggestion from Copgun.

Having a natural interaction between players,zombies and creatures could add greatly to the mod.....any one who has come face to tusk with a wild boar knows that the big gnarly sods don't just stand there and take rounds.

1) Fight or Flight response from creatures.

2) Hunting instinct from the infected.

3) Infected meat being uneatable unless you do a deal with McDonalds.

3) Infected meat being uneatable unless you do a deal with McDonalds.

Cracked me up hahaha

At least those damn goats wont be smiling anymore which is a plus.

Maybe infected animals behave differently? And then players must distinguish infected animals from normal ones or run the risk of eating infected meat.

That's somewhat what i had in mind aswell.

Very good idea! Hopefully it's not going to be too hard to implement :)

I'm no programer, but I don't see how it could be that difficult. Just program a zombie to react to an animal the same way it reacts to a human. To avoid having a map full of zombies chasing cows, make it only take effect if the zombie is chasing a human player.

To avoid having a map full of zombies chasing cows' date=' make it only take effect if the zombie is chasing a human player.

[/quote']

I wonder if that is really necessary though, aren't animal and zombies only spawning when a player is nearby? Could be interesting watching zombies go after animals from a distance and an interesting dynamic savig a sheep from some infected only to kill it a minute later for its meat. :)

To avoid having a map full of zombies chasing cows' date=' make it only take effect if the zombie is chasing a human player.

[/quote']

I wonder if that is really necessary though, aren't animal and zombies only spawning when a player is nearby? Could be interesting watching zombies go after animals from a distance and an interesting dynamic savig a sheep from some infected only to kill it a minute later for its meat. :)

aye

I wonder if that is really necessary though' date=' aren't animal and zombies only spawning when a player is nearby? Could be interesting watching zombies go after animals from a distance and an interesting dynamic savig a sheep from some infected only to kill it a minute later for its meat. :)

[/quote']

On the flip side, one could make it so they tie down an animal and bait zombies away from an area.

On the flip side' date=' one could make it so they tie down an animal and bait zombies away from an area.

[/quote']

yeah

Sounds sweet to me, I always get a ton of zeds chasing me and lead them to some unsuspecting fool especially since the new patch

Sounds sweet to me' date=' I always get a ton of zeds chasing me and lead them to some unsuspecting fool especially since the new patch

[/quote']

lol, well with this suggestion that poor fella doesn't have to suffer... hue hue ;), unless you purposely do that.

not necessary for "infected meat" instead it would just be a meatless carcass with nothing to loot from, besides cows mostly spawn in the wilderness.. I like it

not necessary for "infected meat" instead it would just be a meatless carcass with nothing to loot from' date=' besides cows mostly spawn in the wilderness.. I like it

[/quote']

:P

Am I the only one who imagined a rabbit running through cherno with a horde chasing it?

Am I the only one who imagined a rabbit running through cherno with a horde chasing it?

Hahahahaha, with the benny hill theme.

This is a great idea' date=' hope someone will take notice of it.

[/quote']

Hopefully they will!