Strikerking22

Before I quit Dayz I have some parting words

they're*

You're such a smartass I bet you can sit on a tub of ice cream and tell me what flavour it is. That said, no one's gonna miss you. Like the wise Gollum once said, "Leave now and never come back!" I bet you don't have any friends either.

• Like 1

LOL EchoZeero, OMG made my night.

I

You people seriously must be trolling or have a severe case ADHD. You paid for an Alpha and I really don't think you know what that means or what it takes to develop a game.

I bought DayZ standalone, I don't really know or care what you would like to call it.  But I've purchased and own the game, because it's out and available to the public to buy, as a released game.  So yeah...  Honestly guys, when you buy the newest COD when it first comes out, it's a test version.  You can try and argue your way around it all you want, but the fact is that any game put out these days gets heavily updated by the time it has shipped from the factory to distribution centers to your doorstep.  And they continue to get updated.   People don't actually alpha or beta "test" games anymore, beyond in-house testing. 

The real alpha was when DayZ was completely in house. 

The actual beta test was when DayZ was given out to a few people and they started testing with public testers and in house testers together. 

What we have now, what we all paid $30, is a released game.  Sorry, but that's the facts.  They have put a disclaimer and call it an Alpha test, but that's not what it is if you really want to get technical about it.  It's an extended development period that they're allowing people to purchase and play the game while it's continuing to be developed.

Just because they call it an Alpha, doesn't change it for what it is.  The game is out, and the updates and fixes they're doing it for so far have been slow, and not much meat to them.  I'm not talking shit, I don't think the game is doomed for failure.  But regardless of what you think the "phase" of the game is, it's been released for public sale.  The updates in relation to the tester response and bug reporting, is not so great.

Edited by McG2
  • Like 1

"maybe that's what would make some testers happy".  We are paying customers, not game testers. Game testers would imply we are getting paid. Why would anyone buy a "GAME" (GAME implies fun) to test and become bored with its lack of updates/content? Please don't post your opinion anymore on my form.

Well when the front page of the store has a msg from developer saying "Don't buy this game unless you want to support an unfinished product" I think the fail is on you for reading comprehension.

I bought DayZ standalone, I don't really know or care what you would like to call it.  But I've purchased and own the game, because it's out and available to the public to buy, as a released game.  So yeah...  Honestly guys, when you buy the newest COD when it first comes out, it's a test version.  You can try and argue your way around it all you want, but the fact is that any game put out these days gets heavily updated by the time it has shipped from the factory to distribution centers to your doorstep.  And they continue to get updated.   People don't actually alpha or beta "test" games anymore, beyond in-house testing. 

The real alpha was when DayZ was completely in house. 

The actual beta test was when DayZ was given out to a few people and they started testing with public testers and in house testers together. 

What we have now, what we all paid $30, is a released game.  Sorry, but that's the facts.  They have put a disclaimer and call it an Alpha test, but that's not what it is if you really want to get technical about it.  It's an extended development period that they're allowing people to purchase and play the game while it's continuing to be developed.

Just because they call it an Alpha, doesn't change it for what it is.  The game is out, and the updates and fixes they're doing it for so far have been slow, and not much meat to them.  I'm not talking shit, I don't think the game is doomed for failure.  But regardless of what you think the "phase" of the game is, it's been released for public sale.  The updates in relation to the tester response and bug reporting, is not so great.

your silly... DLC is different, there are no patches to COD... ha ha... And yes, they were very fucking finished... Is windows 8 still in alpha? ha ha ... seriously, learn how this works bro...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle    please have a read...

Edited by Deepfryer

Guys, let him go...

He paid, he played, he trolled and we lol'd. I'm glad he's leaving, he must have got tired of trolling in game... A patch will hit, and he will regret leaving... I've just never personally grown with a game off alpha, and this will be one that I can truly say "I was there"

IF a patch eventually hits and it's actually good I can pick the game up again. I bought it, there are no refunds. Why would I waste my money and not play it once they try and improve it (even if they don't add anything worth while for another 3 months!). And if this game does become good I'll be laughing at the fact that they screwed themselves. I would instantly refund right now if I had the chance, and if they game became good in the future I'd pick it back up and they would have gained 30 dollars (the game will probably cost 60 once it's released). So in fact I won't regret leaving because I can't leave. The only thing I do regret is buying the game in the first place.

Edited by Strikerking22

Sorry, but that argument has no logic to it.  Just because it's an alpha doesn't mean they should be putting out updates at a snail's pace.  Try again.

Because its alpha that does mean they put out updates at the pace that they want to, they have no obligation to update at a frequency that makes most people happy. 

You're such a smartass I bet you can sit on a tub of ice cream and tell me what flavour it is. That said, no one's gonna miss you. Like the wise Gollum once said, "Leave now and never come back!" I bet you don't have any friends either.

I probably could, I'm not blind.  I'm not using braille to type right now. I could simply look at the icecream and probably guess what flavor it is. and if I was blind how would I read what everyone is typing? Please go back to school, or join the military and die for my freedom. get off my forum. 

Edited by Strikerking22

Cool.  It's called an agenda, they need to make one, and start eliminating things from lists.  Yes they want to do a whole list of things, get one one of them working and put it in.  Then get the next one in.  Honestly it just looks like they're spreading all of their assets out to do it all at once, and aren't getting anything done.  The game doesn't need huge updates every month or two, it needs updates weekly.  If they aren't fixing things weekly, they need to step it up.

Anyone here making the "It's an alpha" argument, fails to realize that their argument doesn't make any sense, because there's never going to be a release date.  Arma 3 didn't "release" on Sept. 12, 2013.  Arma 3 released as an "Alpha" on March 5, 2013.  Just like DayZ released already, on December 16th.  You can keep spouting off about this being an alpha, but the fact of the matter is, when they change the absolutely meaningless title to a "Beta", it won't make any difference in my argument.  If they're putting out updates in a "Beta" 8 months from now, every 2 months, that would be ridiculous.  Just because it's an "Alpha" doesn't mean they should have an entire year of the game being released and available to the public for purchase to get the game in a mostly finished state.  Any MMO that ever says it's "finished" is obviously lying, tweaks and updates always need to be made.

I know what an agenda is, why are you trying to be rude to me? they posted their agenda on the 20th of December with a timeline http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

"maybe that's what would make some testers happy".  We are paying customers, not game testers. Game testers would imply we are getting paid. Why would anyone buy a "GAME" (GAME implies fun) to test and become bored with its lack of updates/content? Please don't post your opinion anymore on my form.

You did read the disclaimer right?

I'm sure you can, but how about you spare us your sheep like persona to defend anything that leads you and just leave. 

Really, attitudes like that won't get you far. 

Leave and be done with it, posting a topic like this will only incite a flame-war where everyone gets warned. Besides, there are plenty of other topics regarding updates (or, lack thereof) that you can use.

Locked.

Obviously PM me if you have a valid reason to why it shouldn't be.

How surprising. 

Edited by Inception.