Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Why are freshspawns now referred to as "bambis"?

I know the actual reason for this term to exist (A certain YouTuber), but who decided to carry that terminology over to DayZ? What was wrong with "freshspawns"?

Nobody knows, it's a mystery. As we speak top-notch scientist all over the world are trying to figure out why and how but there is no answer in sight.

• Like 6

A bambi is referred as a fawn (baby deer) which represents as someone who is a freshly made into Chernarus.

I don't know. I heard it once and now its stuck. The only other terminology which I use, barely, is newspawn.

I guess, bambis, are young weak and recently born versions of their parents, big and strong.

Bambi is also female, so I guess by using a sexist stereotype this means newspawn are pussies?

Well, it's half true.

IMHO Newspawn goes better than fresh spawn.

You even have to seperate the 2 words in fresh spawn, otherwise it is ugly.

Newspawn almost sounds like a fish, or real name.

Edited by Space Milk

I someone going to spill the beans on who that youtuber is or do I have to ask?

Edited by Baarn

A bambi is referred as a fawn (baby deer) which represents as someone who is a freshly made into Chernarus.

That doesn't explain why people use the term, it still doesn't relate.

I don't know. I heard it once and now its stuck. 

This is the most plausible reason.

I someone going to spill the beans on who that youtuber is or do I have to ask?

The YouTuber is FRANKIEonPCin1080p

• Like 2

The YouTuber is FRANKIEonPCin1080p

Glad that I didn't need to ask, would've totally exposed me ;)

On Topic: I refer to them as freshspawns, I don't like bambi as it carries the notion of an unexperienced player. I guess that Frankie probably uses the word as he does roleplay a bit and thus it fits his role.

Edited by Baarn

Bambi is also female, so I guess by using a sexist stereotype this means newspawn are pussies?

"During Bambi's first winter, his mother is shot and killed by a deer hunter while trying to help her son find food, leaving the little fawn mournful and alone."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bambi

"STOP GETTING BAMBI WRONG!"

movies-alan-partridge-alpha-papa-roachfo

Edited by funkyfrogjuice
  • Like 8

I know the actual reason for this term to exist (A certain YouTuber), but who decided to carry that terminology over to DayZ? What was wrong with "freshspawns"?

Probably because they are helpless like a baby dear and saying bambi is funner

Oh deer, he doesn't know. D'oh

You mean Doe

• Like 2

That doesn't explain why people use the term, it still doesn't relate.

Most likely for their own personal preference.

Well I hear the term Bambi ALOT when bandits want to go to the southern cities for activities.  The activity?  Bambi hunting as they call it.

One of my friends teamed up with other friends he met and he asked me if I wanted to go bambi hunting with them in Balota but I had to go so no.

"During Bambi's first winter, his mother is shot and killed by a deer hunter while trying to help her son find food, leaving the little fawn mournful and alone."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bambi

"STOP GETTING BAMBI WRONG!"

movies-alan-partridge-alpha-papa-roachfo

Holy shit.

ALL THIS TIME I thought Bambi was a girl.  Watched the movie, read the book.

I though he was a she...

You mean Doe

I know, but D'oh as in like what Homer did. Yet sounding like the word doe. It's called a pun. 

• Like 1

We use the term 'vermin' to be honest. 

I think it's the most accurate and evocative. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain
  • Like 1

I was in the mod during it's 'heartwrenchingly' shithole stage, and I call 'em 'freshies' or 'freshspawns'. Don't let the tagging detour you. Also, not all freshpawns should be trusted by any merit, believe me, i ransack fully-geared would-be 'badasses' all the time. It's pretty laughable on any surface. It matters what you call them if it implies they are no threat, so you could come up with a less imposing term on the mind when broadcast to a larger mindset, or play it your way :) Watch those words, gentlemen. How you communicate in this game has a large impact, so think about it before you say it and don't fuck it up.

On Topic: I refer to them as freshspawns, I don't like bambi as it carries the notion of an unexperienced player. I guess that Frankie probably uses the word as he does roleplay a bit and thus it fits his role.

Bambi does not carry the connotation of an inexperienced player, the term for that is noob, newbie, or another form of the same word.

Bambi means someone who is easy prey. Because Bambi was a baby deer. They are easy prey because they have no food, equipment, or weapons to defend themselves. It has nothing to do with experience. If people meant inexperienced they would say noob. Even the best Day Z player in the universe, would still be a Bambi when he spawns on the coast.

Also related to an earlier comment, Bambi was a boy.