Sign in to follow this  
devon102

please help

im laggy is that just cuz of alpha or my computer?  and i dont know what to put my graphic settings 

Edited by devon102

We can't help witb such little info. Try some of the fps enhancers if you think its your computer.

We can't help witb such little info. Try some of the fps enhancers if you think its your computer.

where can i find one?

windows 7 home premium 64 bit / 2.9GHz / 4096 mb of ram

is that what you are asking for when you say computer specs?

Edited by devon102

Set your graphics to lower settings and see if it improves performance, if not it's your connection. Or hit up a site like speedtest.net and run a test to see if something is eating up your internet or if you have a high ping.

When you participate in an alpha you should at least have a basic understanding of your computer to debug the most common errors yourself and help in the process.

That said, provide as much detail as possible. The more time you spend writing a good question the less time other people have to guess around which problems you might have, which will lead to a more satisfiing answer.

What kind of computer (laptop or desktop)?

Which components are in it? CPU, RAM, Graphics Card, maybe Harddrive? And if you don't know the specifics: which other games do you play without problems?

What is your internet connection speed, do you have problems with it under other conditions?

What exactly do you mean by lagging? Lagging is a very unspecific term used for a broad variety of symptoms.

Is the game throwing you back every now and then? Does the game stop? What do you experience exactly?

What are the numbers (Ping, DeSync) ingame if you press "p" and select your own name? Are they the same on other servers, how do they look like for other players?

As far as graphic settings go, If you've a semi decent video card I wouldn't set everything to low just yet.
You might find setting everything to low actually slows things down for you. It did for me anyway.

Maybe low fps is causing what you think is lag. This thread also helped

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

I'm lucky if I'm over 35 fps but that's better than the <25 I got out most of the time of the 'box'

OK first off dont download any FPS enhancers!

jesus christ...

give us your detailed spec.

Laptop? PC?

motherboard

CPU

graphics card

figure out how...use your brain and google...or ask your parents.

Hit the Start button then type "dxdiag" into the search bar at the bottom and run dxdiag.

It would be helpful if you could let us know which processor and graphics card you have.

If you don't know what you're looking for then just upload screenshots of the "System" and "Display" tabs in dxdiag.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

This thread is a prime example of the blind leading the blind.