Sign in to follow this  
gangrenetvp

Damaged Inventory Storage... possibly dropping loot

Just a thought, looking for opinions.

What about a mechanic in the game where as your clothes get to be damaged... stuff can fall out of your inventory and onto the floor to simulate physical holes in the item, be it a pocket or a backpack... the more the damage the larger size of items that could possibly fall out.

It could be semi rare and an annoyance... but force you to find better or repair your gear. It could also get progressively worse depending on the condition of the item.

Worn: Still physically whole and dependable.
Damaged, small items rarely drop out 1x1 items...

Badly Damaged, larger items 2x1 rarely / small items 1x1 slightly more often...

Destroyed, pretty much useless... since you let it get to that level of disrepair you may have to leave it behind somewhere(hide it in a house) and come back for it, because stuff just keeps falling out semi often.

Edited by Gangrene

Well how can you repair ... needle and rags and that stuff which used to create suturas...

needle thread and a burlap sack should also be a craftable fix for a broken backpack or something, this would not be " fun " but i guess more realistic :P

Um... The name of that post is repair clothing and it doesn't mention dropping items in the OP, you expect me to read every reply to every post before I can make one? That seems to be overkill. Why didn't you make a whole thread about dropping items, like this one? This is about dropping items from damaged clothes and less about repairing them. The title says it all. If you want to lay claim to the idea... make a thread about the topic instead of just a reply.

Um... The name of that post is repair clothing and it doesn't mention dropping items in the OP, you expect me to read every reply to every post before I can make one? That seems to be overkill. Why didn't you make a whole thread about dropping items, like this one? This is about dropping items from damaged clothes and less about repairing them. The title says it all. If you want to lay claim to the idea... make a thread about the topic instead of just a reply.

Short answer, yes. It's a simple matter of ettiqute, something somewhat lacking in the younger generations, I find (yes I am that old!). Threads are routinely merged when they are substantially the same. This thread is a case in point.

Interesting Idea.

I'd like to see some sort of visual/auditory clue when it happens though. (I hear something fall out of my backpack) or a soft "clinking" sound when it falls out.

I.e I'm running through a dense forest and something drops out w/o me noticing, its probably gone forever.

"I'd like to see some sort of visual/auditory clue when it happens though. (I hear something fall out of my backpack) or a soft "clinking" sound when it falls out." Agreed.

I think in the final game that inspecting your gear while looting will be pretty routine... how's my back pack holding up, "Inspect"....

There is another hoodie, is it in better shape than mine? "Inspect"....