Sign in to follow this  
anathol

Doors- opening mechanism

hey, this door opening mechanism which is currently in game is little bit clumsy. Here´s an idea. Now you have to aim in some point to display indicator. It is possible to change this so all you have to do is press the button ? you know when you'll get into door area, simpy to open/close doors you just have to press the button

• Like 1

What if there are two doors in a small space? Do you open both, neither, or do you have to fiddle with it a bunch to get the door open you want to open? 

I have no problem with the current point and click interface, I look forward to doors making noise when you open them though (if this is ever done)

Edited by Maia
  • Like 1

You can press "F" instead of the MMB. That is your only other option.

The current system is fine for me but I am sick of doors that open outward and push me out of the way.

Know that gate in Green Mountain? It pushed me aside and I was left inside the area between the fence and concrete wall. Couldn't get out.

Know that gate in Green Mountain? It pushed me aside and I was left inside the area between the fence and concrete wall. Couldn't get out.

Between the gate and a wall? Changing servers could fix that. If its literally between two (or in one) stationary object(s) then you could try "stepping over" (pressing v) a bunch in different directions to see if that will wiggle you free (sometimes you have to move the mouse around when trying this). I've gotten unstuck from inside buildings and rocks doing this. 

The bigger problem is opening a door with a gun with a magazine. You shouldn't make yourself vulnerable by putting it down or switching to something else.

There needs to be a straight up interaction button, NOT something that is simply the button that selects the interaction.  Right now opening doors, and accessing most logical places for loot to spawn, is a pain.

Doors need a bigger radius for opening and closing, it makes no sense that I should have to run right up to this gate, to barely be able to find the one small area that I can access "Open Door" and then get flung backwards as the gate comes flying open towards me.  Who would ever open a gate like that?  Slow the animation down and increase the distance away and FFS the AREA of mousing over to access "Open/Close Door".

There really needs to be a single button that is a quick interaction, so I can stop reloading these fking magazines every freaking time I want to open a door, and I slightly move out of position of the tiny area that is accessable to opening and closing the door.  It's just like standing right in front of something on top of a locker or shelf.  No, no, that makes perfect sense that I can angle myself and barely catch a mousewheel to access the gear, but simply having my gear window open for a "proximity" effect, does nothing.

Pretty sure most people can bend down without getting on their knees to access something at waist or knee level.  I know for a fact that most sane individuals don't go prone or lay down on the floor to access things on the floor..

And like the previous poster above me said, even reloading a magazine shouldn't leave you vulnerable to not accessing doors.  You should at least be able to open or close a door with your shoulder depending on which way it opens or closes in a room, and it's current position.  I think it's safe to say if you can steady a rifle with one hand to load the magazine in with the other hand, you should be able to knudge a door open or closed at the same time.

Edited by McG2

The concrete walls has some small gaps that you can crawl under, just saying...

The bigger problem is opening a door with a gun with a magazine. You shouldn't make yourself vulnerable by putting it down or switching to something else.

All of my rage. The mag reloading thing really winds me up.

It's Arma, (or was) it's something you get used to.

on the topic of doors..

door opening sounds? idk about you guys but not a single door in my house, friends houses or school make NO sound AT ALL. even if it was a slight clicking noise or a creak as it opens. i mean fuck, not only is it based on some russian-like country all the buildings look old as hell they have to make some kind of sound..

The concrete walls has some small gaps that you can crawl under, just saying...

Scouted the whole wall. Couldn't see a single gap on them. I think Green Mountain is the only place that has an intact concrete wall.

Edited by AntonioAJC

I think the doors could use a lot of work, although it's not the most pressing issue with the game.

How about a mechanic that more accurately mimics opening a door? Hold down the interaction button and pull your mouse backwards. The door opens at whatever speed you draw back your mouse and makes a noise appropriate to the speed it opened. Need to get in and out fast? slam the door open and slam it shut again, but guess what, the whole block could hear you. Willing to be careful and take some time? only a person in the same room as the door could hear it. Additionally you could leave the door ajar, being able to peak through or even shoot a few rounds through. Maybe even go so far that a person bumping into a door that's ajar would force it open a little further.

Obviously this would be a complete rebuild of the door mechanics, but if it could happen in the long run I think it would be awesome.

Edited by MastrBlaster