Longs

Starting weapons

Seriously not being able to defend yourself at the start is lame. I have hands and feet both of which are weapons all be it crude ones. If the game limitations prevent punching and kicking zombies at least give us a stick or something with which to try and clobber the lone chasing zombie.

I enjoy this game a lot and think the idea of it is awesome but after playing through 5 characters (for around an hour each time) and finding no loot at all I'm starting to lose interest. I want to get out and explore the game more but atm all I seem to be doing is trying to steak into a village until a bugged zombie spots me through a building then begins the endless chase through the woods. :(

This is an alpha, and things will be changed. Play or don't play.

Use prone and crouch walk to bypass zombies so that you can get loot from the towns.

I prefer not having guns makes finding them all the more exctitng if you like

I know it's an alpha the whole point of that is to point out bugs so they can be fixed.

Prone. I've tried this, it doesn't work. I got told by someone in game that crouching doesn't work any more and to use prone all the time. I've been doing that and only that with still no luck. I was in a village on my last try and it was pitch dark. I couldn't see anything hardly, yet a zombie comes running from behind a house and starts hitting me. I spent ages crawling into the village, I avoided other zombies and got closer to them than this bugged one that spotted me through a building.

Funny how I was prone and about 3 metres from a crouching z, he didn't see me.

I spend a lot of time prone, not because I like stealth, but because after running into buildings and a z Breaking my leg, I have to.

Don't try too respawn and respawn too get a major city man. That's where all the new players mess up, spawn in Kamenka or something and go down that road, 3 deer stands which has a high chance of spawning a better weapon you could find in Cherno/Elektro within a 30 minute time range. (That's from my experience) and now I'm good to go, just be patient and prone by zombies. It's easy.

I think it should be random what you spawn with. you could spawn with a flashlight one time but the next time you spawn with a pistol with a few mags, and if you spawn again maybe if your lucky you get one axe.

Still, some kind of a simple melee weapon would be nice.

I don't understand why you would need too spawn with a weapon honestly.. I really don't.

I don't understand why you don't want one honestly.. I really don't.

I mean, spawning with a rifle or a pistol is kinda boring, I admit that. But at least a melee weapon, to defend yourself in the beginning.

If i die i run to deer huts, or barns (5-10min of playing) and i have makarov, shotgun or ak74. I almost never go to Cherno or Elektro after i respawn. I go to central part of Chernarus or to Berezino.

In one case I ran all the way to Vybor and through a few towns without attracting attention and staying away from a player. There I got an enfield and makarov. Feeling motivated I went to the airfield and found an M4A1.(Lost it to some ninja bandit) Was pretty simple to evade zombies if taken slow. Many complain about Elecktro and Cherno, but the only real problem there would be the players, not the zombies. Just need to take things slower. Even so, thanks to the line of sight I rolled around in prone on a hill through some bushes and actually lost a zombie that aggro'd me.

I've crouch walked through some really hairy situations and see no problem at all when it comes to starting with no weapon.

Even if you did find a Lee Enfield or another common sidearm, you would still have to stealth constantly because if you pissed off and shot a Zed a whole town of them would be crawling up your ass.

Once you get used to the map and can sort of read where you are when you spawn, head for the nearest barn for weapons.

Almost 100% guaranteed to find some sort of weapon in them, if not then your unlucky.. and should go to the next nearest barn asap before you die by bandit, Zed or hunger/thirst. Once you have a gun then proceed to nearest town for food/water and other good stuff, now is a good time to search for a map, compass, matches, hatchet ya know things like that. Soon as you have the basic survival tools head north to the inland towns for more safety.

It's good that you spawn with no weapon, adds to the survival aspect of the mod.

I actually found it more entertaining with no weapon; made weapons a number one priority.

Just makes players go to the big towns for resources and hopefully bring back the mugging system instead of the random killing.

Last 3 lifes i've got guns by doing.

1) Sneaking up on a spy entering his/her backpack and taken all there ammo and weapon then ran away.

2) Running straight for electro and heading in the mid loot buildings then running away (running in and out of buildings to slow/loose zombies)

3) Someone actually drove along the coast handing out pistols to noobs and gave me a lift to cherno

It's not hard; it's because your used to today's 'easy' gaming if you are a retro gamer then you should know back in our day playing a game was A LOT more difficult than it is today.

Morgan, yeah you are right with your last sentence.

But still, some kind of weapon, even if it's your fist or foot, would be good.

Maybe it's just me, but I would appreciate it.