Just recently started but c'mon, i start with no weapons, and the zombies are supper sensitive and heard and see everything. Scale down the madness of the zombies or at least give us a pee shooter to start with! :huh:

I've started over twice today same position as yourself but I don't think its hard to get about I've found weapons, ammo, food and water both times, main thing to remember about this game is that its about paitiennce take it slow round zombies. If your prone on the floor slow crawling you can pretty much be a car apart a zombie

I feel your pain man, zombies are bugged and have x-ray vision. I'd be happy with the ability to punch or kick as I can do that in real life last time I checked. I'm sure if I was faced with some crazy zombie I wouldn't just stand there and get munched I would be lashing out with my fists and feet.

Head north, use stealth. Get seen, run. I spawned near the woods, found a deer stand, got chased up the ladder, found an M1A4, shot 3 down as they were climbing up. Been alive 4 days now.

rbc9K.jpg

I loled, thank you for that. :D

Yeah, I just started a couple of days ago and I'm in the same boat. It's hard and there are a few bugs where you pull Z's out of nowhere but it's alpha and just use it as a learning curve. The game is going to be alot more popular as it hits the mainstream market and no doubt like every MMO it will be nerfed and made alot easier for more casual players. But just think about it, if we can get good at Day-Z now... Imagine what we'll be like once it's released!

I do like the punching/kicking idea and I'd love to see that implimented in the game if possible but remember there's only so much they can do that's not in ArmA II + OA.

Are you all playing 1.7.1.5?

Connected next to electrosavodsk and grabbed an axe.

I headed north to the castle, grabbed a 1911 I found on the floor, and got a Winchester.... Headed north to check out Pobedo dam but no one left anything fun up there... But I hit a couple towns on the way up and now I've circled back to the airfield.

I find it fun and a bit challenging sometimes, but not impossible! Give yourself some time to get used to how it works.

Even some sort of "shove" to knock a zombie over and give you some precious seconds to leg it and put some distance between you and the zombie would be nice. Feels at the moment that once your spotted it's useless to run because you can't out run them.

The only way I found I can get away is to go for a swim in the sea and swim away then come back to the shore further down the coast. Not much help if your inland tho.

Even some sort of "shove" to knock a zombie over and give you some precious seconds to leg it and put some distance between you and the zombie would be nice. Feels at the moment that once your spotted it's useless to run because you can't out run them.

The only way I found I can get away is to go for a swim in the sea and swim away then come back to the shore further down the coast. Not much help if your inland tho.

You also drop your stuff while swimming.

Run up a steep hill. If you find the right angle, you can run while they try to walk up.

Run through a building with two entrances. Lots of barns are like this.

Weave through trees. Find a nice big pine tree when they are further behind and fling yourself down on the ground underneath it.

i was in the same boat (less tears), then i kept playing and got better...

bottle up those tears and throw them at the Zs, that can be your starter weapon... only problem is, they love the taste of tears.......... we all do

pay attention to the visibility and audibility indicators, learn what their levels are when prone/crouched/standing, running and walking. be conscious of their increases based on the surfaces you are walking on. zombie sight is direction and based on the direction their body is facing (could be wrong, but i thought i saw something about this). be patient, be patient, be patient, and plan out your approaches.

if you aggro zeds, try to trip them up around corners, break los and be stealthy. use the fact that they slow down in buildings to your advantage. if in the woods, zig-zag up hills to maintain running speed, zombies will move up the hill slowly. you can also run down hills, and they will often fall three feet and die as a result.

You also drop your stuff while swimming.

Cheers for that I wondered where my pack went lol