Sign in to follow this  
BC_Hawke

What happened to US3480?

3480 has for a long time now been our favorite (and only) spot to play DayZ mod.  We logged in last weekend and it was severely hacked with everyone spawning in debug and dead bodies everywhere.  One of my friends got killed as soon as he logged in.  Since then player count has been less than 10.  Is TG letting it go to waste?  Hope not!

Hey mate,

Glad to see you're one of our regulars!  It sounds like you had taken a hiatus for a while--and I'm glad to see you're coming back around.  US3480 isn't any different than it was before.  I still do frequent anticheat/filter updates, we ban from suspicious/malicious log activity a few times day, and the server is generally under a pretty watchful eye.  That being said, we can't stop every single attack.  It's a high traffic, and quite populated server, so much so that the amount of traffic in there far exceeds the amount of time we can spend watching the logs and banning players per the DayZmod Hosting Rules.

Hopefully you aren't basing your entire experience with us off joining the server while it was under attack.  Incidents like this happen, although it's too bad, it is simply part of running a server.  In any case, the server is definitely not going to waste--we still manage it the best we can.  Hopefully you and your friends come back and play with us soon, we'll be looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Edited by TG ! Jimmy
  • Like 3

This has become my "server home", I don't play terribly often, however.

Experience has always been pretty darn good.  Got teleported to debug (along with everyone else I think) last night.  Glad I don't participate in the deathmatch on the coast.  Had enough food/drink to make the 23,000 meter run back to the map from debug.  Wedged down the W key and monitored for food/drink need.  :)  Was about 1-1.5 hour jog.

Hey mate,

Glad to see you're one of our regulars!  It sounds like you had taken a hiatus for a while--and I'm glad to see you're coming back around.  US3480 isn't any different than it was before.  I still do frequent anticheat/filter updates, we ban from suspicious/malicious log activity a few times day, and the server is generally under a pretty watchful eye.  That being said, we can't stop every single attack.  It's a high traffic, and quite populated server, so much so that the amount of traffic in there far exceeds the amount of time we can spend watching the logs and banning players per the DayZmod Hosting Rules.

Hopefully you aren't basing your entire experience with us off joining the server while it was under attack.  Incidents like this happen, although it's too bad, it is simply part of running a server.  In any case, the server is definitely not going to waste--we still manage it the best we can.  Hopefully you and your friends come back and play with us soon, we'll be looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Jimmy

It's actually quite the opposite, we play there all the time and haven't left (except for 2 weeks of DayZ Standalone), and in fact the reason I made this post is because typically you guys are DAMN fast at putting things right which is fantastic, and it seemed to me the attack on the weekend was still having lingering effects (people were still logging in in debug yesterday...maybe coincidence).

Either way, thanks for the response!  We logged in last night, blew up most of the vehicles that had been teleported so after restart people could start finding them again, and we played for a few hours with no issues.  Sorry if my post gave the wrong impression.  We're not going anywhere.  Jumping on tonight for some more action.  Thanks again!!!

...okay...shameless feature request since I have your attention =P  Any chance of removing the "last attacker" message at the death screen?  It's really hampered us as a squad when it comes to battles as people can identify who shot them, look at the server list, and communicate to their friends how many of our squad are online and where they are.  Also a lot of flaming happens after fights.  Kind of a bummer in an otherwise damn near perfectly run DayZ server.  Thanks!

• Like 1

This has become my "server home", I don't play terribly often, however.

Experience has always been pretty darn good.  Got teleported to debug (along with everyone else I think) last night.  Glad I don't participate in the deathmatch on the coast.  Had enough food/drink to make the 23,000 meter run back to the map from debug.  Wedged down the W key and monitored for food/drink need.  :)  Was about 1-1.5 hour jog.

Pro-tip.  If you get moved to debug, log into a different public hive server.  It will reset you back to the coast to one of the regular spawn points.

• Like 2

It's actually quite the opposite, we play there all the time and haven't left (except for 2 weeks of DayZ Standalone), and in fact the reason I made this post is because typically you guys are DAMN fast at putting things right which is fantastic, and it seemed to me the attack on the weekend was still having lingering effects (people were still logging in in debug yesterday...maybe coincidence).

Either way, thanks for the response!  We logged in last night, blew up most of the vehicles that had been teleported so after restart people could start finding them again, and we played for a few hours with no issues.  Sorry if my post gave the wrong impression.  We're not going anywhere.  Jumping on tonight for some more action.  Thanks again!!!

...okay...shameless feature request since I have your attention =P  Any chance of removing the "last attacker" message at the death screen?  It's really hampered us as a squad when it comes to battles as people can identify who shot them, look at the server list, and communicate to their friends how many of our squad are online and where they are.  Also a lot of flaming happens after fights.  Kind of a bummer in an otherwise damn near perfectly run DayZ server.  Thanks!

Glad to hear you guys will be playing with us in the future.  I have noticed your name in the server logs and report files, so I noticed you hadn't left (which is good).  So far, you are the only ones to ask for the "last attacker" to be removed.  I will definitely keep the idea on the back burner for now, but it was setup because so many players were asking for it.  I'm sure you understand that features like this are one of those things that some people love and some people hate, but it's impossible to make everyone happy all the time.

I'll keep it in mind!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Edited by TG ! Jimmy
  • Like 1

Pro-tip.  If you get moved to debug, log into a different public hive server.  It will reset you back to the coast to one of the regular spawn points.

I think this is why you guys were seeing people logging into debug still.  Lots of players will simply log off, or leave, when some cheeky skiddie wants to start the teleporting people around--then they log in a few days later and are still in debug. 

I did this... did not work.  In fact I did it a few times.  Oh well, found an empty server and ran.  Now exploring parts of the map I've never really ventured into before. 

So far, you are the only ones to ask for the "last attacker" to be removed.  I will definitely keep the idea on the back burner for now, but it was setup because so many players were asking for it.  I'm sure you understand that features like this are one of those things that some people love and some people hate, but it's impossible to make everyone happy all the time.

I'll keep it in mind!

Cheers,

Jimmy

I understand.  Thanks again for all the hard work maintaining what seems to be the only populated DayZmod server that stays true to the original game settings.  It's been great playing the game the way it was meant to be played, and the subtle additions like wild spawning zeds and the occasional snow storm are the icing on the cake!  Good server admins/mods never get the credit they are due.  Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

• Like 3

So far, you are the only ones to ask for the "last attacker" to be removed.  I will definitely keep the idea on the back burner for now, but it was setup because so many players were asking for it.

I'm also not a huge fan of the last attacker message. fighting group that are communicating on teamspeak have a little bit of an edge as they can relate the info to alive squad members. plus in my experiance it just allows the killed player the chance to greif and/or rage directly to the "last attacker" on side, which happens frequently. 

but nontheless, love the server. Keep up the great work.

• Like 3

Love the server. Respect the people there, some more than others ofcourse.

In addition to the two before me, I'd like to see the "Last Attacker" log removed.  

Also, is there anything for combat loggers? :]

Other than that, the regulars are good to play with, heroes, bandits, and survivors.

• Like 3

I haven't been killed on there for so long that I didn't know there was a last attacker message.  But I'd like to see it gone.

I appreciate the feedback guys.  I do realize that you're a group that plays together, so I understood that if one of you made the post--you all felt the same way (most likely).   :P

Noted, and will keep an open ear on this topic. 

Cheers,

Jimmy

I do realize that you're a group that plays together...

Damn!  He foiled our plot!!!  ;)  Thanks for listening.  It's appreciated!

• Like 1

I appreciate the feedback guys.  I do realize that you're a group that plays together, so I understood that if one of you made the post--you all felt the same way (most likely).   :P

Noted, and will keep an open ear on this topic. 

Cheers,

Jimmy

I don't play with anyone.  For real.  I'm a lone wolf/hero type.

I was on this server the other day, it was truly a great experience.

I'm fairly new to this game and i was out exploring the wilderness when i came across what i think was the NW airfield, i saw this guy driving around in a military truck, so i hid in a tree and scouted out the area waiting for him to leave,before i knew it...

"Freeze! put the gun down! i'll shoot you! you have 3 seconds! 1... 2... "

I replied in a scared keyboard mash, " how???  how???!! how do i drop my weapons??

There was like 5 guys, after the tense stand off i manged to drop my weapons after following their instructions, the guys gave me some meat and to be honest, they were really nice, considering i could've been a threat. Most people would just shoot on sight so i was very shocked.

They let me loot the military barracks, whilst they got on with whatever they were doing. I felt that safe i was just running around in the open with no cares, not even looking for threats. 10 minuets went by and i noticed i couldn't hear their truck driving around anymore. I asked on side chat if they were still there, but unfortunately they left.

this filled me with an overwhelming sense of fear, as i was on my own, in the NW airfield, although i manged to loot some really nice gear (Camo clothing, m16, stanags, water bottle) I thought it's probably time to leave, but i left the opposite way i came in, therefore i could've bumped into anyone..

Just when i thought i was safe, 2 snaps and my guy was on the floor, i'd been sniped.

4 hours of exploring the map, looting whatever i could find, backpack full of goodies, loads of equipment and a decent firearm, all ended by a sneaky sniper.

Welcome to DayZ

• Like 2

I'm fairly new to this game and i was out exploring the wilderness when i came across what i think was the NW airfield, i saw this guy driving around in a military truck, so i hid in a tree and scouted out the area waiting for him to leave,before i knew it...

I replied in a scared keyboard mash, " how???  how???!! how do i drop my weapons??

There was like 5 guys, after the tense stand off i manged to drop my weapons after following their instructions, the guys gave me some meat and to be honest, they were really nice, considering i could've been a threat. Most people would just shoot on sight so i was very shocked.

They let me loot the military barracks, whilst they got on with whatever they were doing. I felt that safe i was just running around in the open with no cares, not even looking for threats. 10 minuets went by and i noticed i couldn't hear their truck driving around anymore. I asked on side chat if they were still there, but unfortunately they left.

this filled me with an overwhelming sense of fear, as i was on my own, in the NW airfield, although i manged to loot some really nice gear (Camo clothing, m16, stanags, water bottle) I thought it's probably time to leave, but i left the opposite way i came in, therefore i could've bumped into anyone..

Just when i thought i was safe, 2 snaps and my guy was on the floor, i'd been sniped.

4 hours of exploring the map, looting whatever i could find, backpack full of goodies, loads of equipment and a decent firearm, all ended by a sneaky sniper.

Welcome to DayZ

I've had a pretty good experience with not always being shot in the brain everytime someone sees you.  I only KoS bandit skins now, but I still only have five total kills in well over a year of playing.  Two shot at me (which is bandit enough for me), and then some bandits that I got the jump on.  It's been a fun ride... I don't (and can't) play very much at all, but maybe a couple times a week for a couple hours is still entertaining. 

I am currently trying to master the art of zombie axing... and either it's really really inaccurate/buggy or I am flat out terrible at it.  I'm a bit better than I was, but I find it extremely difficult to put down a more than about every other zed without being hit.  And they do some damage now compared to many versions ago.

Welcome to DayZ

Hey!  That was our group that met you at NWAF.  =)  We're generally a friendly squad, but we shoot bandits on sight and will kill survivors that either shoot at us or fail to respond to us or act douchey or sketchy.  We like helping out people when we can.  Sorry about leaving you, we had to move on.  I remember we all reacted when we saw you die in the kill feed, we felt bad.  Either way, glad you enjoyed the experience.  US3480 is one of the few remaining places to get an authentic DayZmod experience.

• Like 1

I am currently trying to master the art of zombie axing... and either it's really really inaccurate/buggy or I am flat out terrible at it.  I'm a bit better than I was, but I find it extremely difficult to put down a more than about every other zed without being hit.  And they do some damage now compared to many versions ago.

Check out this video on our channel.  It might help you out:

Hey!  That was our group that met you at NWAF.  =)  We're generally a friendly squad, but we shoot bandits on sight and will kill survivors that either shoot at us or fail to respond to us or act douchey or sketchy.  We like helping out people when we can.  Sorry about leaving you, we had to move on.  I remember we all reacted when we saw you die in the kill feed, we felt bad.  Either way, glad you enjoyed the experience.  US3480 is one of the few remaining places to get an authentic DayZmod experience.

Small world!

Don't worry about leaving me haha, i wasn't expecting you guys to hold my hand. To be honest it was my own fault, i was careless and took my time looting, i should've just got the stuff and went, lessons were learnt that day.

I love US3480, it's the only server i play, i'm not interested in all these servers that give you loads of gear and supplies at the start, pretty much kills the whole point of DayZ for me. Plus there's always 30+ people on the server, keeps you on edge.

• Like 1