Contriturate

Give us the ability to delete our character from the main menu.

Quite a few people, including myself have come across an issue where we can't respawn in game, whenever we join, we get stuck at 'Please Wait' and it says that we can respawn, but when we click it, nothing happens. Please give us the ability to wipe our character on the main menu, it could help us to eliminate a lot of bugs.

It will only help to eliminate 1 bug and there are COUNTLESS other bugs way more important than having to go out to the server list to respawn.  

It will only help to eliminate 1 bug and there are COUNTLESS other bugs way more important than having to go out to the server list to respawn.  

It's more of a general convenience than a bug fix.

personally i don't like this, you would have people deleting to avoid sickness or get a better spawn i think

personally i don't like this, you would have people deleting to avoid sickness or get a better spawn i think

They're just going to go jump off of something or let zombies kill them anyway, when it comes down to it.

They're just going to go jump off of something or let zombies kill them anyway, when it comes down to it.

they would but atleast they would have to work for it

Select kill character (from main menu) then wait x hours for the process to happen.

Would stop people repeatedly killing off a new char for a better spawn.

However would/should such a bug that you mentioned be in the final product?

That doesn't mean that the devs should encourage this behaviour by providing a game feature that does it for you.

honestly, every alpha and beta i participated so far has either provided the player with something like a /stuck command or had means through ingame ticketing system to have the character reset. its an alpha, there are bugs, glitches, faulty geometry and collision detection.

its not like resetting a char would affect some ladder ranking. its not like combat balancing is finished. the advantage of resetting a stuck character - or for that matter a geared up character if you want to start a fresh one for testing purposes - by far outweighs the (disputable) inbalance or abuse potential in pvp combat.

Ok so how about this:

We get an option to kill our character in the menu, but it can only be used every 48 hours or so, maybe even 72 hours.
This would be good for people getting stuck, accidently teleported, etc. but it would not cause abuse to get a better spawn or avoid illness ingame.
Should not be difficult to code a local timer, which removes the option for a given period of time.

Edited by Byrgesen

Mos1ey, on 14 Jan 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:Mos1ey, on 14 Jan 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

That doesn't mean that the devs should encourage this behaviour by providing a game feature that does it for you.

Most people will quit for some time after having their legs broken in the middle of nowhere anyways. Look at the people already being teleported to the ocean and forced to wait a hour plus until their character starves.

Edit: Also as for the "You are dead" timers everyone's suggesting.. - That just turned out swell for the WarZ didn't it?

Edit:Edit: It's also completely possible to delete your character at the moment anyhow. All you have to do is join a server that isn't legit. (IE: "Bobs Funhouse #####" compared to "US West 1-15 #####")

So you'd rather have people glitch to kill their character than to use an actual function?

Edited by AllDayZSimon

You guys are forgetting what Dayz trailer had.

Suicide with a gun was it? Yeah i think so.

But what if you are teleported to the middle of the ocean and dont have a gun or its impossible to kill yourself because you are swimming.

Ingame suicide is not the answer here. In full release it could be, but for alpha/beta testing purpose it simply isnt.