LMKa

Bohemia interactive PLEASE READ

OP

Do you know how insulting your letter is? lol 

It's like a kid telling a teacher how to teach bro.

Don't you think they know they need more help in everything? New upcoming businessman like Dean aren't going to put they're money in a savings and wait for the yearly interests. They're young and hungry, they're going to try to make whatever they have the best they can with the best of there resources. 

Dean could release this game as a barebone game, like the mod and still make tons of money because it is Dayz. There isn't anything like it, except for a few indie games i have seen recently. I read a quote earlier from Dean stating that hiring more people isn't very easy and could actually slow the game making process slower. Which to me sounds like he is very hesitant on hiring new people. Also alot of teacher's look to the kids they teach for better ways to teach bro.

Are you familiar with Brooks Law which basically says that getting more staff resources to work on a project willy nilly does not mean speeding up or improving the project beyond a certain point? More people means more management, more second guessing, more duplication and inefficiency. Hiring has to be done very carefully and only get the right people to do specific things that the team requires. Sometimes the best products come from very small teams with a pure vision. Software development always takes time and I think people with experience in the field would be feeling pretty good about where DayZ standalone is right now.

I think they already have a good idea where they are going. They just need the people to help impliment that into the game faster, as well as those who can clean up the messes players are finding in the current game as it is.

Such as when a group of players scipted in grenades for themselves. The developers had to backtrack and waste time fixing a player made issue.

Dean could release this game as a barebone game, like the mod and still make tons of money because it is Dayz. There isn't anything like it, except for a few indie games i have seen recently. I read a quote earlier from Dean stating that hiring more people isn't very easy and could actually slow the game making process slower. Which to me sounds like he is very hesitant on hiring new people. Also alot of teacher's look to the kids they teach for better ways to teach bro.

Maybe they're in a part of the game where more manpower really won't help. Think of fixing game mechanics as trying to unknot a bunch of wires all bundled together, and he very well should be hesitant on hiring new people it's his project, his baby, not everyone will be right for the job. Also your right a lot of teachers do look to their kids to get better at what they do, but this is like a kid standing up in front of a class and dictating what the teacher should do, there's a big difference. Look I'm as excited and anxious as anyone to get more things done quicker but writing letters like this again is insulting, whats the saying " It's above your pay grade brah" 

Not this one... You just can't speed up the process in the way people expect, just because there is a better cashflow. 

Hmmm I question your IQ sir 

I think the OP has some really valid points.  It's a bit melodramatic, but gets points across.

First, coding isn't the most or only meticulous job in the world.  There are lots of jobs that have to be handled with care.  That being said, Rocket has to make a choice(not an easy one).

Do you want the game to be a "pure vision" or do you want a finished product quicker?

That's it.

However, I don't think the whole copying the concept thing is that much of a threat if you look at games like minecraft, meatboy, and so on.  The name of the game in my opinion is Infrastructure.  When you have enough units out, you've created a built in demand for the game that people would bend over backwards to get for a major game release.  He has already 1 million sold.  He's solid gold--I dont know what his contract with BI is like, but he should be set for life.  Concerning the game, he has enough units out there, that it will be active for years to come even if he left it as is.  Personally, I think he sold a fantastic concept, and a really really really rough around the edges game(it being alpha).  As such, and he's done more than enough to let people know that they should steer clear of this game if they don't want to deal with the bullshit that comes with it.  

That being said, I don't think hiring more people to work under him will degradate the purity of the game or his credibility as an artist.  Mainly because, this title really banks on you staying alive, and rewards you so much when you do stay alive, that dying by falling through floors or dropping a minor three or so feet to your death after a night of scavenging is really really disheartening and cheapens the experience.  However, It's alpha.  The argument stops there.  It's supposed to have really fucked up bugs.  But, with all of this success, money, and anticipation--I think so many people are wondering, "why not hire coders to do the leg work inherent to fix that problem?"  I don't see how hiring a team programmers under Rocket would change his artistic vision much.  When you're dealing with an art form that is simultaneously a business, you're going to have to add people to help you when it begins to grow--that's the nature of the game.   How is hiring people to handle the logistical part of the game would take away from his creative part.  He would just delegate his ideas to a team, that would in turn, put it into the game and/or smooth over bugs that arise and persist. 

Good coders, properly managed and planned will undoubtedly and exponentially speed up development.  I think he's doing himself a disservice by placing the burden all on his shoulders.  He could and should allow himself the freedom and speed that having a team under him will give him.