Sign in to follow this  
Josh3497

Multiple characters in Day-Z Standalone?

Hello. I recently bought the standalone and started playing with two of my friends on my character. The three of us enjoy playing the game together but we obviously can't play together all the time. They usually play on the weekends. I still want to play the game myself but the thing is I don't want to use the character I was using while playing with them, because for one I'd have to find my way back to them (it already took us forever to find eachother!) and if I were to die, I'd have to re-gain my supplies so I can be up to par with them.

So I want to start a separate character that I can go on when I'm playing by myself or with another friend, but I don't know how. I asked one of my friends and she said changing my steam nickname would work. I created a new character model but as soon as I went in a server I was put on my main guy. Next I thought maybe removing the character profile from my 'Day-Z Other Profiles' folder to my desktop temporarily might work, so I did that. I went on the server and it still loaded my main character..

So what can I do? I'm not going to buy the game twice.

Thank you for the help :) :beans:

EDIT: I accidentally posted this in the Day-Z mod section, really sorry about that..If a forum moderator could move this to the right place I'd be very grateful

Edited by Josh3497
  • Like 1

As far as I know there is no such feature planned. But I wouldn't blame them for doing so.

As for you, start to explore, get killed and explore some more, that is part of this game as it's intended.

Your character's info is bound to your game/steam account and is downloaded each time you connect to the main hive, even if you change your name you still only have one character.

You're right. You can either play alone or with (the same) friends. That sucks and has to be changed.

You cant do anything mate.

DayZ = 1 character with 1 life

Thats it :)

Perhaps in the future, we will se private servers with they're own databases, so you can have a char there and a char on the public servers.
But you will most likely never get the chance to have more then 1 char on the public servers.