Sign in to follow this  
lowcrawl

Event - Air Drops

Use either standard radio's that already appear in many locations or the ability to find and listen to a military radio that announces a strategic location, time, and type of air drop that the population to strive to get.

Sounds a little...RUSTy.  I like hunting for loot.  Being able to make a call and have awesome loot come to me just ruins my reason for playing.

• Like 3

DayZ is your story. We also don't need those huge PvP fests they'll become.

I see DAYZ as more like a Mad Max type of game. Where shit has happened and the whole world has went to crap where there is no bastion of hope. No outside forces that are better off than you are, to aid you in any way. This is the end, this is it. It's what those that still survive make it.

In Rust, you're isolated in a land where something has happened. There are outside forces that are better off than you are, hence the airdrops. I feel no desperation or loneliness in Rust.

I believe rocket has mentioned wanting to avoid scripted events like this.

In the mod we had the helicopter crash sites and from streams that rocket gave it sounds like they will be adding at least similar events to add a level of dynamicness to the map.

this "rust" again. i hope it dont rule THIS game.

"NO! because rust"

thats shit. make it better than in rust.

you guys are scared of rust.

this "rust" again. i hope it dont rule THIS game.

"NO! because rust"

thats shit. make it better than in rust.

you guys are scared of rust.

Read the rest of my comment.  75% of this game is about exploring for loot.  It's kinda like if they put an auction house in Diablo 3 to trade/buy/sell items.......OH WAIT!

It would be cool if you could find already dropped airdrops lying in fields randomly, similar how helicopter crashes happened maybe. They could be caught up in trees and you would need to use a tool or something to get it down. Would be kinda neat to be in the middle of the woods and see a fluttering white parachute with a big box full of half broken stuff/a few good things in it. But scripted event where a plane flies by and drops it off? No, that does not fit DayZ. Only previously dropped ones from the time the infection was still being fought by the army/police.

I would actually like supply drops.

It should be server set however, as a private hive server tool.

And what is more you would have to be right frequency, right time, and close enough.

Maybe an hour warning before it arrives, on a random emergency frequency.

Shows up once a week and contains mainly just food and water as well as medical supplies.

It might be in the interest of larger groups to hold and completely ransack it.

It ain't like anybody with a radio and also a good hour of running in him isn't going to have a gun to defend himself.

You would know the risk in going there, and dayZ is all about risking it all.