Sign in to follow this  
Soupee

Does SA Include ArmA 2?

I swear I read somewhere that the SA on Steam included what you need to play the Mod.  Is that true? Of course I cannot find this information again.

If it is true, can you gift the ArmA 2 portions?  I'm considering buying SA (been playing the mod for over a year) and if I get the "mod" stuff again I'd love to gift it to my brother.

Thanks!

Soupee

Edited by Soupee

It does not,

Hence the Standalone

:)

no it doesnt.

dayz SA has nothing to do with arma 2

no it doesnt.

dayz SA has nothing to do with arma 2

he is correct it does not include arma it having nothing to do with arma depends on your view it is still done on  a RV engine like an arma game (modified engine) but there is nothing included nothing to gift you dont need arma to play again hence the name STAND ALONE.

you can buy the "supporter edition" from dayzgame.com (think thats the website....google will help ya ;)) Thats direct from BI from the looks of it, and includes a steam gift of arma 2 complete edition. Its more pricey, but i suppose your getting 2 games :)

• Like 1

you can buy the "supporter edition" from dayzgame.com (think thats the website....google will help ya ;)) Thats direct from BI from the looks of it, and includes a steam gift of arma 2 complete edition. Its more pricey, but i suppose your getting 2 games :)

Thank you thank you, that must be where I'd seen it.  Appreciate it!

To the others, I know the SA "has nothing to do with ArmA 2", thanks.  ;)

The link for anyone else interested:

https://store.bistudio.com/dayz-supporter-edition/

Edited by Soupee
  • Like 1

Supporters Edition. Up to you to decide if ArmA II (Complete Collection) and a PDF map and access to the Forum Lounge (whatever that means) are worth the extra 36 euros.

Current Steam price for ArmA II (Complete Collection) is US$39.99. So at today's exchange rate that would equal only EU$29.31.

If you want to get ArmA II, I'd get it seperately ATM, unless you really want to support the dev team with some extra cash.

• Like 1