Sign in to follow this  
mordax

MUST HAVE map idea/s

I see lot of new locations, it's sure an improvement to old chernarus map, but it's still quite boring.

why not add caves and tunnels? Would be cool if you guys add some hidden caves (mazes where you get lost). Like cover them up with bushes and trees, so its hard finding the access to them and include some good loot in there or something that is worth a while.

Like that new area that is all the way north, there are some cliffs and mountains, there could be some awesome caves hidden in those mountains/cliffs.

also more places like the ship wreck please. a huge plane wreck would be nice to have, somewhere up in mountains.

and some sort of fortress (not a castle).

it's not too much to ask now, is it? i could do that in map editor within a day or two. well custom model designing is different, but if you use old textures it can still be done in 2-3 days easy.

• Like 1

There is a huge plane wreck in Cherno! It's looks awesome

There is a huge plane wreck in Cherno! It's looks awesome

It's hardly huge is it.

OP-

I would like to see some more map fillers but it makes sense that the map is not yet complete due to all the new road networks in the north. I'm sure once the Devs have everything essential working as advertised then we'll see a nice big update with a massive new area full of unseen stuff to explore. Though I wouldn't expect this any time soon.

Who knows, what you've asked for may already be in the pipeline.

I see lot of new locations, it's sure an improvement to old chernarus map, but it's still quite boring.

why not add caves and tunnels? Would be cool if you guys add some hidden caves (mazes where you get lost). Like cover them up with bushes and trees, so its hard finding the access to them and include some good loot in there or something that is worth a while.

Like that new area that is all the way north, there are some cliffs and mountains, there could be some awesome caves hidden in those mountains/cliffs.

also more places like the ship wreck please. a huge plane wreck would be nice to have, somewhere up in mountains.

and some sort of fortress (not a castle).

it's not too much to ask now, is it? i could do that in map editor within a day or two. well custom model designing is different, but if you use old textures it can still be done in 2-3 days easy.

I *don't think* you can have caves using the Arma engine, i may be wrong, but from using alike engines in the past it may be very possible that it is impossible to do caves without it looking crappy.

Rocket has plans for making underground areas, not sure how it is gonna work, but I've read rumors of it. the old chopper crashes that randomize on the map and maybe some other things like em will also be likely way later to keep things interesting.

Currently there are caves I know where one is PM for my steam info.

Currently there are caves I know where one is PM for my steam info.

This guy is still trying with his caves ploy? Some people.

• Like 1

This guy is still trying with his caves ploy? Some people.

Seriously you know where the cave is right?

I *don't think* you can have caves using the Arma engine, i may be wrong, but from using alike engines in the past it may be very possible that it is impossible to do caves without it looking crappy.

A member of the ArmA community (Opteryx) made an underground map back in the ArmA 1 days.

I don't think he ever released it, probably more a proof of concept but it certainly did not look crappy.

I'll post the vid if I find it.

Edited by Sooke

Seriously you know where the cave is right?

It's hardly a cave, but yes I do know where it is. However, you keep asking people for beans/gear for you to show them where it's at. It seems like you want to lead them there so your buddies can ambush them.

Edited by DoctorRayRay

Look in the gallery and you will find videos of 2 different cave-like sites or you can just search Youtube for DayZ caves.  

Anyway, I am sure there are still lots of changes and additions coming to the game to explore and have fun with.

It's hardly huge is it.

I guess if someone put a cock in your mouth you'd complain that it isn't funky enough. Some people just can never be satisfied can they :D  

I guess if someone put a cock in your mouth you'd complain that it isn't funky enough. Some people just can never be satisfied can they :D  

Oh lawd...

I remember watching a streamer named Nitro streaming a mod for arma 2 and he was in a sewer system,which i thought was very cool and i think sewer system's should be added to Dayz sa if possible along with a lot of other great ideas i read here.