warrenpeace

Game feature: Taking back Chernarus

If zombies were to ever take over the real world, we'd eventually take back the world from them (unless they ate all of us). Therefore, why not (eventually) implement a way to sorta take back Chernarus?

My idea would work like this. Say I want to take back some small town like Guglovo. You'd get a bunch of players together and head there, kill all the zombies, and then do something that sort of 'claims' this town. To claim a town, you must have some person-to-building ratio (2:1, maybe?) this would mean that a small group could take a small town, but it would require a larger group to take a larger town, therefore reducing KOS/KWR.

Anyways, when you take back a town this does a few things:

-Disables zombie spawn

-Disables (or decreases) loot spawn (on restart)

-Allows players to fortify and do things to the town

-Plant crops (some places with pre-existing fields will give better crops than those without)

-Build fences, wooden walls, hunter tower things

-Repair buildings (fix water in sinks, implement electrical things like lights and refrigerators)

-Increases chance of Horde spawning nearby.

Which brings us to the catch. Zombie hordes. Take back a town? There is now a chance for a zombie horde to spawn somewhere nearby (within a kilometer or something) and start slouching in the general direction of that town. Maybe they'll completely bypass the town and ruin someone else's day, or maybe they will hit your town and shit all over your day.

If the zombies enter the town, they will start to wreck all of your shit whether you are there or not (smash barricades and walls, walk all over crops, etc). This means you can't just have a group combat log to dodge a zombie horde. You will have to band together to kill all the bastards.

If zombies enter a town and remain there for a short period of time without any players (i.e. they're either all dead, all ran, or all not on at the moment), the town will return to its untaken state and you will no longer be able to fortify or plant crops on it and it will have to be retaken.

And this isn't just another way to make everyone friendly again. DayZ needs some banditry in it no matter what all the heroes and friendlies say. For example, other players would also be able to loot conquered towns and even take them over. 

So what do you guys think?

Edited by Warren Peace
  • Like 1

I like the general concept, we'll see how that goes when we progressed further through alpha/beta