Sign in to follow this  
InflatedLyric

Giving some gear away.

This is a little preemptive, but I am thinking about my playtime tomorrow. I was a dirty little hoarder on Thursday and Friday and now I need to find someone to help clean out some inventory space, I would much rather help someone on the forum than just a random that picks my server tomorrow. Bonus points if you live near me and play at approximately the same time, priority goes to post count (I will not trust you if your post history started after this thread was created).

I will play from about 9 am PST to 1 pm PST.

I have extra

canteens

food

camo vest

M4

5.56 ammo (many, many, many rounds)

7.62 ammo (approx. 40 rounds)

I may even give away some of my own kit, while nice it lacks originality.

camo jacket and pants

ballistic helm

gas mask

Lastly, I am somewhat gaging the interest. I would like to offer my scavenging services in the future if it goes well. The only thing I really could think of that was worthwile in exchange is to have the trust of some of you guys on here. Thanks for your time! See you tomorrow?

Edited by InflatedLyric

I see you are in EST time, as noted in the original post, my only playtime is noonish to 4pm your time. You will be available tomorrow, not in school?

I see you are in EST time, as noted in the original post, my only playtime is noonish to 4pm your time. You will be available tomorrow, not in school?

Ah sorry I'll be at practice then.

Alright since no one here wants any, as soon as I have the house to myself, I will just travel to the coast and play santa.

Clearly it could be.  That is why I am not too hurt no one took me up on the offer.  Also, you could say you needed the gear and just kill me instead.  It's a risk both ways.  If you really thought it was a trap, why did you not just say, "Me, me, me" and kill me before I had the chance?  This was not a lazy post, there was plenty thought in the consequences, in the reaction.  I intend to post on these forums regularly and I would prefer not to be known as an untrustworthy person.  It is one thing if someone goes around telling everyone they will kill you and then they get the chance and they do, you can respect that.  Quite another to lie about your intentions.  That is a matter of one's honor and integrity and it supercedes any role you might pretend to play in a video game.

I have killed a player, so I am not above it.  Am I looking for an easy kill now? No.

I am one of those people that is glad we have KoS it makes the game interesting, but I do not get my jollies from killing at all.  I personally am struggling at how I make the game better by circumventing the KoS mentality.  I despise when I hear so many people saying that people are killing each other because there is nothing else to do.  In a sandbox game, if there is nothing to do, then there is a clear lack of creativity and imagination.

I just drop gear like that on random roads.

And then shoot people when they come and take it?

And then shoot people when they come and take it?

Nope.  I just drop it and go on my way.  Hopefully some players have found all the full packs I drop along the way as well.

I was thinking about replacing gear near the coast, but that would really screw up a newbie's understanding of the game.

"Whatever you say is wrong, because this one time I got an M4A1 from a house AND it had a half used mag."

Edit: pics added for "proof" I actually have the gear.  Not that it proves, I am not going to kill you, but it is good first step.  Besides, it is too late.  I am just getting rid of some stuff today.  If I even live all day.  I have been alt-tabbed for a minute trying to set up these pics.

MefAC80.jpg

w960JhA.jpgoH3nXE8.jpg

Edit: because lol, the empty inventory spaces were where I was holding onto factory sights to replace the nicer scope I currently have attached to either weapon, guess I lost them somehow.

Edited by InflatedLyric
  • Like 1

I almost got on and joined but work came up. Friend at work purchased the game so may be on later. I'm with you on finding things to do other than kill, kill, kill.

Well I accidently dropped my prefered M4 so I just decided to run around Cherno carelessly. I died, but now I have an extra fireaxe and an extra compass.  I believe I hit the hotkey while I was running couldn't find it after looking a minute.

I'm out for the day.

Edited by InflatedLyric