Dazedinc

AI Bandits

Sorry if this has been mentioned before ignore it if it has. Okay so i had an idea of AI bandits. Instead of tweaking the zombies etc leave them as they are and create bandit packs that can take over northern areas of the map like stary sobor etc. Obviously this would need a lot of thinking over here are a few things that i think would work nicely.

- bandits can only drop ammo or common medical supplies. no weapons.

- they only attack or control higher level/northern areas.

- make it so they have good aim and do high damage this would promote team play to kill the bandits that have captured an area.

- they could patrol random roads with cars or jeeps?

- objectives could be put into the game - defeat the bandits at NW airfield to have a chance of finding X.

This is just an idea maybe someone could expand on it? To me it looks like it could improve the game but maybe im just crazy? :P

This promotes team play which people want it could also give real bandits something to do instead of hunting players with their high level gear, which people seem to dislike. Sure real bandits would still be around but a lot of them might want to focus on retaking a town for chance of better loot and trying to coordinate a strike with their mates instead of camping cherno?

when i first saw the title, i came here to say your retarded (to say the least)

but this is actully a good idea. have some of the bandits occasionally walk out of the town, or atleast far away enough so they can be discretely killed, give them gear and other loot on the same level as players, and make them have horrible LOS and hearing, and walla. one thing i see as seriously wrong with this game is that after you've got a decent amount of gear, theres nothing to do but become a bandit. this idea gives you the ability to just head up north and kill AI's that will effectively give you everything a player will. this could get rid of everyone but the psycopaths (did i misspell that?) by giving themselves something meaninful to fight.

also, if you were to give the bandits a big loot stash somewhere, heavily defended, but with lots of rare gear, it would give a big incentive to group up.

"hey, i've got a copper and want to raid a bandit base. anyone in cherno i can pick up want to help me?"

romming bandits to add onto the existing ones (wether or not there actully a problem) i think will be universally agreed on as a horrible idea. but this idea could be one of the first steps in making the guy you just met something other then a possible liability.

"hey, ive got an extra gun and some ammo. if i give it to you, will you join up with me for a raid on a bandit town?"

I could see some potential for this idea but I can also see why people wouldn't like it. Generally I would vote no, only for the interest keeping things simple. But not the worst idea I've seen by far.

Yeah maybe the roaming was a bad idea, but i still thinking giving an end game to high level players would stop them stomping new players. Also if the bandits had good aim then the risk of retaking a town is high and exciting which would hopefully make it more enjoyable than killing other players?

I don't think this is a good idea, Player decides if they want to go bandit or not, and IF they are implemented, I think its not a good idea if they are too hard to kill, should be like an AI Soldier like Currently in ARMA 2, because making friends and team-up is too difficult since Rocket removed the Bandit Skin, and didn't implemented another way to find out if a player is a bandit besides the "Heart Beating".

I don't think this is a good idea' date=' Player decides if they want to go bandit or not, and IF they are implemented, I think its not a good idea if they are too hard to kill, should be like an AI Soldier like Currently in ARMA 2, because making friends and team-up is too difficult since Rocket removed the Bandit Skin, and didn't implemented another way to find out if a player is a bandit besides the "Heart Beating".

[/quote']

I agree that if you did have a new AI, it should be soldiers and not bandits. If I'm going to shoot someone, I want to KNOW that it is a real person...

A way to bring back the bandit skin, as the skin for an AI bandit.

But the problem comes from AI in most games being super observant, or using godlike accuracy. Think of the Lee Enfield. Think of someone firing at you... From over 1km away. With pin point accuracy.

AI have a habit of doing things like that in all games, including the Laserbeam accuracy of COD games (hardest difficulty) to the random enemies being pin-point 1-hit headshooters of doom in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (the AI could insta-kill anyone at any range with pistols, making them EXTREMELY dangerous if they dropped their assault rifle or shotgun).

Could they add AI bandits? Sure, easily. But would it work? Maybe? But do you really want something as crazy as a random AI Bandit spawn with a rocket launcher or AS50? At night, with infinite ammo?

This is actually a pretty good and solid suggestion,sure it needs some refinement, but I must admit that this would give the mod a refreshment and extension that it currently needs. I would also suggest that they should be army soldiers ( Maybe some kind of "umbrella corporation" that is basically there to research the infection or something like that. Imagine seeing and armed patrol going down the highway at random times, that would be pretty epic. Also, having 1-3 "bases" that spawn on random locations ( somewhat similair to the heli crash-sites ) that you would really need a solid squad to conquer, like really, heavly protected. That would give the game a whole new edge that the more experienced players tired of only bean hunting all day long might enjoy a whole lot! Also, keep in mind that this shouldnt by something commonly occuring ( so it wont expell the games initial, survivorman spirit ), it would be really cool if that would be something that you look forward to and when you finally encounter it it's kind of epic.

so... +1 from me atleast.

ps: Sorry for the grammatical errors.

This is actually a pretty good and solid suggestion' date='sure it needs some refinement, but I must admit that this would give the mod a refreshment and extension that it currently needs. I would also suggest that they should be army soldiers ( Maybe some kind of "umbrella corporation" that is basically there to research the infection or something like that. Imagine seeing and armed patrol going down the highway at random times, that would be pretty epic. Also, having 1-3 "bases" that spawn on random locations ( somewhat similair to the heli crash-sites ) that you would really need a solid squad to conquer, like really, heavly protected. That would give the game a whole new edge that the more experienced players tired of only bean hunting all day long might enjoy a whole lot! Also, keep in mind that this shouldnt by something commonly occuring ( so it wont expell the games initial, survivorman spirit ), it would be really cool if that would be something that you look forward to and when you finally encounter it it's kind of epic.

so... +1 from me atleast.

ps: Sorry for the grammatical errors.

[/quote']

Thats actually a really good idea never thought of having an evil military based enemy that would really add a new level of depth to the game and increase its life span :)

The whole evil military thing is WAY overdone, and nothing but a bunch of hollywood Bullshit. The military would be a person's best hope of surviving such an event. I still think that this idea would needlessly over complicate things but if it were to be implemented it should be as bands that roam around protecting some of the important loot towns or even patrol up and down the roads once or twice a day. Think like closer to those cannibals in The Road than Lord Humongous's crew in Road Warrior. I would see such a group being around 10 strong toting two or three with rifles and the rest with pistols and shotguns. Maybe even a couple with melee only. Maybe a truck following them with their gear in it. It should be something that would be probably madness to confront alone head-on but not something insurmountable for a well prepared group of three or four to ambush. Anyways, like I said before, its not a terrible idea if it can be implemented well, but its not really needed.

I see no point at all for this when there are already bandit players... stupid idea' date=' sorry. -1

[/quote']

This. 1000x This....

Just one word, no.

The way most Bots behave in Arma2 going north would be like walking into a shooting gallery. And with the damage delt by weapons to a player this would end up being the largest cause of death in the mod.

Sounds like a terrible idea that would ruin the whole point of it being an ONLINE game, it is already challenging enough with other players killing other players.

To do this i think there needs to be a town or camp capture mechanic so if a group of people kill all the bandits in that town/village they can capture it and fortify, using it as a home base to store gear and use as like a safe house. this would lead to other teams of bandits trying to invade the base to capture it and all the loot that has been stored. But for this to work there would need to be alot more cities/towns/villages on a larger map. Plus i dont really see how it would work over all servers, would maybe have to be a server to server thing where the single server you played on you have to get back on to continue defending and using as a base.