Sign in to follow this  
Nailer (DayZ)

Long Range Scope controls

Was watching some people snipe on youtube and it seemed like they could zoom in a lot more further then I can by holding down right mouse click. Also when they zoomed in their scope made like a zooming noise which don't happen for me? I'm I missing something in controls I don't see?

The zombie noise is just a bug, sometimes zombie noises are played server wide hahaha, kinda weird and it scares most people.

As for the extra zooming once you click the right mouse button you should be able to hold it and zoom in more, that was for the mod anyway, i don't really carry a mosin so i'm only assuming. If not check your controls and have a look. They could just be zooming in on the video editing, also quick tip. If you change your Field of view to nil while aiming it gives you an EXTRA bit of zoom :)

Yea I was figuring it may be video editing on the zoom but it wasn't a zombie noise it was a scope noise when they zoomed in. Could had been more video editing on their part. Here is the video. 

Press the + Key on the numpad while not zoomed.

Edited by xAtrocity

Its just video editing so people can see a bit more detail

Yea I was figuring it may be video editing on the zoom but it wasn't a zombie noise it was a scope noise when they zoomed in. Could had been more video editing on their part. Here is the video. 

Sounds like a sound effect to me mate :) Many youtubers do it, even i did it at some stage !

EDIT: 

As you can see in the video he zooms in twice. the second one is edited. the first time all he is doing is holding right mouse button.

Edited by Guest